To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2013 Fantasy World Snooker - Now finished

A forum for fans of Fantasy Snooker
toffeelover
2015 FISO Golf Champion
Location: I know I am getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators. ~Gerald Ford
FS Record: GolfGenius2007, OFL Golf Majors 2002, OFL Golf overall 2nd, 4th, 7th & 8th, OFL Golf Fall Finish 2013

Re: 2013 Fantasy World Snooker - Now running

Post by toffeelover »

One more frame from Ali Carter tonight and Hotpot is cooked :mrgreen:

....I think :?

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

not sure carters out of this yet

the lack of match play will catch up with ronnie at some point over the days ahead

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

workie-ticket wrote:it's not the only thing that rhymes with Leicester but you probably wouldn't want that as a nick-name...

selby seems ok as a person - pity his style of snooker is sooooooo loooong..... only slightly better than Ebdon!

anyway, he's gone... anyone else think looking at the draw that white has a puncher's chance of making the final... :shock:
Walden is from Chester, and must be narked that the Jester tag has gone :?

Judd the Dump Trump?

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Web-site updated.

No update tomorrow as the quarter-finals will just be getting started. Is everyone still excited?

In the mean-time, here's the points scored during just the second round for the knockout-cup thingy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

I might even be the top FISOer!!

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Surprised wrote:I might even be the top FISOer!!
Only because you're the only FISO-er that picked Barry Hawkins. An inspired choice, or a phenomenal fluke?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I've got 3 out of 5 left yet am I still only 51st, 4 places below someone with all 5 out!

The leader has got less left than me and 4th place only has 1 left!

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Shaggy365 wrote:
Surprised wrote:I might even be the top FISOer!!
Only because you're the only FISO-er that picked Barry Hawkins. An inspired choice, or a phenomenal fluke?

Sort of inspired as I picked players who had a much higher provisional ranking than actual ranking or something which showed they were improving over the year. It worked with Hawkins and Walden but not with the rest. With Walden playing White I could lose a lot of points next round.
The new scoring system means you have to think much more as a player like Hawkins can get more points by getting to the quarters than O'Sullivan can get by winning the whole thing.

Have some entrants dropped out of your competition because there are fewer on your list than at the start?

dingram041
Dumbledore
FS Record: I've won a lot but proud to have been 7 balled my friend Milan Gajic. RIP xx

Post by dingram041 »

Kinell Surprised.....damn that draw.....well done matey :wink:

dingram041
Dumbledore
FS Record: I've won a lot but proud to have been 7 balled my friend Milan Gajic. RIP xx

Post by dingram041 »

I think GM goes through and all his players are knocked out....

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

If Murphy beats Trump, and Bingham Ronnie, then will anyone be watching the rest of this? (And thow in ding losing so the Chinese viewing figures collapse.....)

I would guess the burn-out claims will start up again?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Shaggy365 wrote:Web-site updated.

No update tomorrow as the quarter-finals will just be getting started.
Any chance of a FISO league table please.

Don't like being beaten by 50 real people, I'd rather know how many fish, cats, sheep, Victor Meldrews and strange purple things I am beating!

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

blahblah wrote:If Murphy beats Trump, and Bingham Ronnie, then will anyone be watching the rest of this? (And thow in ding losing so the Chinese viewing figures collapse.....)

I would guess the burn-out claims will start up again?

O'Sullivan looks unbeatable

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Surprised wrote:O'Sullivan looks unbeatable
He did have one dodgy session versus Carter. If someone can get stuck into him then who knows....

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Surprised »

He still won 13-8 which is a good win. He is just cueing so smoothly and seems to see shots very quickly.

I can see the semis as O'Sullivan v Trump and Walden v Junhui (although I'd want Walden v Hawkins)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

O'Sullivan is short of match practise and stamina. He looked good in the first session vs Ali, but was only 5-3 up, and was lucky\superb to pick up the last two in the second session. Whereas Carter looked like a rabbit in headlights for the first part of the first session, and has never beaten Ronnie? I would expect the mental stamina to be an issue in the Final if he gets that far, whether his long game improves, or not.

Trump 1-4 down to the Lard Ass Bore.

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

murf wrote:
Shaggy365 wrote:Web-site updated.

No update tomorrow as the quarter-finals will just be getting started.
Any chance of a FISO league table please.

Don't like being beaten by 50 real people, I'd rather know how many fish, cats, sheep, Victor Meldrews and strange purple things I am beating!
Will post it tonight when I get home, although from memory polarbear is top of the FISO m/l, with Surprised second.

I have to say this competition hasn't turned out as I expected. The big names that have fallen mean there are a lot of entrants (including FISO-ers) that have only 0 or 1 person through to the last 8. I suppose everyone had the same web-site to enter from, and everyone had a free choice.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The pricing was a bit tight this year, with most of us going for two big players? The carnage in the bottom half of the draw probably did for most of us picking Robertson or Selby? Going with two expensive players stopped the likes of Bingham and Ding being picked....

And most of us know jack about snooker :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:The pricing was a bit tight this year, with most of us going for two big players? The carnage in the bottom half of the draw probably did for most of us picking Robertson or Selby? Going with two expensive players stopped the likes of Bingham and Ding being picked....

And most of us know jack about snooker :lol:
I only had 1 expensive player and Ding plus 3 cheapies.

I like a tight budget rather than being allowed all seeds but this was maybe a bit too tight.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

I really enjoyed Walden v Milkins last night 8-)

Walden has the most unorthodox style (esp bent at the knee back leg) but he's such a natural when he's in the balls. Milkins as well is a grat potter. Neither hang around.

I will update the draw later but I'm away this weekend so won't be able to update the semis and final until the following Tuesday :(

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

re the Budget: it was more the price of the cheap and mid-price ones that made it too tight, rather than the big guns, imho.

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

As requested by the sheep ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

mid table anonimity. happy with that.

polarbear
The Blobmeister: Wales 2015
FS Record: 2010 Scottish FISO Open Golf Champion
4th Place overall OFL Fantasy Golf 2015
Sams FISO Golf Series Winner 2016 & 2019

Post by polarbear »

Easily my best year at this comp. :)

I expect surpised will finish top as Hawkins will score the 350+ needed.

Re: the budget - I think you need to tie it in with the scoring formula (probably needs a bit of tweaking) I benefitted from picking low ranked players who were all going to score well as long as they didn't get thrashed.

workie-ticket
Grumpy Old Geordie
FS Record: Champion NEFI superleague 2009-10

Post by workie-ticket »

o'sullivan is on course to beat bingham with a session to spare :shock:

isn't it a bit embarrasing for the sport that a bloke can take a year out, pick up his cue and get to the semi final of the world championship at an absolute canter?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

workie-ticket wrote:isn't it a bit embarrasing for the sport that a bloke can take a year out, pick up his cue and get to the semi final of the world championship at an absolute canter?
Well if they will burn-out all the other players by making them traipse half way across the world and back regularly for lesser competitions that are badly spaced out and timetabled across the year....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep.

Can Bingham get negative points for this round?

Hawkins just got an outrageous fluke on the pink to go 12-9 up.

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

blahblah wrote:Can Bingham get negative points for this round?
Most definitely.

Just clicked onto the Beeb web-site to see how things were progressing. Was it really that one-sided for Ronnie?
murf wrote:Well if they will burn-out all the other players by making them traipse half way across the world and back regularly for lesser competitions that are badly spaced out and timetabled across the year....
I read Barry Hearn's comments about Mark Selby suffering player burnout & he basically said he doesn't believe in it, and they need to be fitter. :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yep, Bingham has been poor and Ronnie is at 97% Pot Success rate - and the ones he has missed have been poor, tbh.

Snooker is more like chess re the concentration levels, and not the same as golf and tennis - so Hearn is talking out of his ass, imho. I didn't believe that he had them flying to and from the Far East, rather than having a Far East season type of thing. :shock:

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Good session Trump Murphy. Should really be 11-9.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Snooker”