Eliteserien 2019

Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy Football
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Eliteserien 2019

Post by Oxford NZ »

Two Captain fails in a row now.
Borven unlucky not to get something this week. Berisha captain last week for his yellow card and ban this week.
I did think about the WC but a -4 gets me close to the WC team I want anyway.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

Decided to go for the wildcard this week. Any players you‘d see as interesting to add at the current stage?

Came up with two versions for a draft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Fixture-wise, a rotation of SIF and Tromso looks interesting, so Maigaard and Azemi in the second version.

Caveat with both versions - no Tripic who‘s also in good form

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Any feedback would be welcome😊

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Stormrider wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 17:52 Any feedback would be welcome😊
Both are good.
Melling would be my prefered RBK defender though.
Also on WC here but no time due to work and life.
Good luck :-)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Oxford NZ wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 19:26
Stormrider wrote: 18 Sep 2019, 17:52 Any feedback would be welcome😊
Both are good.
Melling would be my prefered RBK defender though.
Also on WC here but no time due to work and life.
Good luck :-)
Layouni has just been sold, That also makes Evjen less of an outstanding pick imo. BG will have a tough time creating goal scoring chances now, they have the cash to buy in replacements but not for this season with the european transfer window closed.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Oxford NZ. Good luck to you too with your wildcard👍🏻. And a big thanks for your support. Especially the Layouni case! Quite the game changer. Very strange move actually, selling the best player after the transfer deadline for 1.5 mio. Euro. Think B/G had the chance for their first ever title? Anyway, back to the drawing board😁

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Starting point for my WC
Undecided on a couple but no time atm.
Eliteserien.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Dammit B Johnston was my secret weapon this week :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Beerfuelledman wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 10:37 Dammit B Johnston was my secret weapon this week :lol:
8-)

The template is changing with Layouni out but I see a few WCers with at least 10 of the same as my squad.
Finding a differential to get back in the top 1k is hard atm. Working 16 hour days does not help matters much as well :roll:
Good luck

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

It’s been a while since someone added to this thread. I hope people are not tired of Eliteserien yet, we’re getting close to the end of the season. My start of the FPL-season has been so poor that Eliteserien provides some comfort.

I see that I have kept the lead in the FISO league. That is partially due to some good choices but also a result of plain luck. I did use my WC in GW 25, that was when Eikrem got injured and I felt it was the time to reallocate funds. There was one or two GWs before GW25 when I did get ridiculous amount of points from my bench – pure luck. But I was also early in identifying some key assets this fall, for instance Pellegrino at Kristiansund. I had him as my captain when he delivered a hat-trick the other GW and got a rank-boost out of this. This has given me an ok, but not secure, lead in the FISO-league, and I’m currently 68 OR. No reason to complain, but I wish more of my players had given a proper effort in the recent GW 27, results were not in line with my expectations. Btw, I suspect a few players used their “attack” card in GW 27, it looked like a good candidate for those who had kept that opportunity.

I need to set my team ready for the last three GWs. The red card for Bjørkan means that he will be history. Bodø Glimt has impressed immensely this season, but this may be the time to get rid of B/G players in any case. They have three though games left, Rosenborg, Krsitiansund and Molde. Two of those are away. Viking has had a very good season, but maybe we should reconsider them now. They also have two out of three games away and face Haugesund, Rosenborg and Brann. In addition, they will prepare/save for the cup-final (where they face Haugesund). Stabæk has been the team in form lately. They also have two of three away, but the schedule is much softer (Lillestrøm, Mjøndalen, Tromsø). You may do well in keeping/adding players from Stabæk. Teams with favorable fixtures include Kristansund, Rosenborg and Molde. All have two out of three at home turf.

Another question is who will give a proper fight. Molde is close to winning already. If other teams see second and third as important then we can expect performances from Bodø Glimt, Odd and Rosenborg. Not sure they care that much, but at least more to fight for than the mid-table teams. Mjøndalen, Ranheim, Strømsgodset, Tromsø and Sarpsborg will fight to avoid relegation. Askar at Sarpsborg made it into my team as he’s a defender now playing as an attacker. Unfortunately he got injured so we’ll see if this was any good. Pellegrino (Kristansund) and Samuelsen (Haugesund) are two players in form this autumn. In addition we may add the entire defensive line from Stabæk. Torsteinsbø from Viking has been fantastic, but this is a player very few own and I suspect that few will gamble on (due to fixtures and cup already mentioned).

Any thoughts from the rest of you? Are you still involved? Plans for the final three GWs?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Bølla pinnsvin wrote: 05 Nov 2019, 09:22 It’s been a while since someone added to this thread. I hope people are not tired of Eliteserien yet, we’re getting close to the end of the season. My start of the FPL-season has been so poor that Eliteserien provides some comfort.

I see that I have kept the lead in the FISO league.
Any thoughts from the rest of you? Are you still involved? Plans for the final three GWs?
Hi Still playing but not much time due to work and running the FISO divisionals.
Had a couple of bad weeks and a couple of good weeks in Eliteserien and my rank dropped 1K places.

No chips remaining to play and not many transfers I need to make but we are very much template atm so no big gains in OR.
I was well over the average score last week but only made small gains so I think I will settle for 1.5k and only sEcond in New Zealand.
Good luck all for the remained of the season.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

GW28 is history and only two more GW's to go. As expected, Molde became champions this GW by beating Stømsgodset. I'm not sure if that's a good thing in terms of fantasy-assets from the club. They have Vålerenga away and Bodø-Glimt at home. The most noteworthy from a fantasy perspective was the comeback by Wolf Eikrem in the Molde midfield. He only played 59 minutes but had an assist, a goal and got three bonus. He could be a man to target for us.

Also note that Pellegrino (Kristansund), who made another great appearance this GW, is set to undergo surgery and will be out for the remainder of the season. Too bad I'm 0.1 away from doing a straight Pellegrino->Eikrem swap.

The real fight is going on at the bottom of the table with a lot of teams involved. This kind of struggle makes it hard to predict as some of those teams are up against teams with little to play for. Maybe someone from Mjøndalen (Brochmann?) or Lillestrøm (Lehne-Olsen?) can pay off.
Stabæk is also looking tempting as they are the team in form with a number of cheap assets. But they have secured the spot and may slow down a bit and will face teams who will give it all. Still, if I had another transfer to spear - maybe.

I ended at 70 points in GW28. Not bad, but only a small step in the right direction in the OR. Given the current stand, I'd like to finish among the top 50. But everytime (ok, only 2-3 times) I've been in a similar position in Fantasy Football I've been trying to do something different in an attempt to reach for the very top. It has not worked so far, so maybe better to play it safe. A safe move could be Akintola->Eikrem, leaving both Pellegrino and Wormgoor on the bench. Then doing Pellegrino->someone in the last GW. Ronseborg is playing at home against Ranheim in the last GW and may provide candidates.

Good luck to you all!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Well played Bolla :) and good luck getting to the top 50:) I think I will have to settle for 1.5K, Even captaining Eikrem this week did not improve my OR much and not even pulling back my losses in the poor run I had from GW22 - 26
The only change I will make this week is Vito to Solholm Johansen.
B Johnsen is also on thin ice but who knows who will be playing in GW30
Good luck guys :)

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Good day all. First of all congratulation to Bolla Pinnsvin for an impressive run in and some great choices! Wishing you good luck to reach your top 50 finish but of course also to all other Fisoers. Think it’s a good bunch and minileague here👍🏻.
Also appologies for not being active with posting more, was a bit busy recently.
Regarding my goals for the last two games - would like improve my OR again after I missed the deadline for rd 27. Have the attack attack chip still and now womdering whether to play it this round or hope for a goalfest in rd 30. Currently on James, Borven and Lehne Ohlsen.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Borven more productive at home and LO with a good record away may favours this round.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Stormrider wrote: 21 Nov 2019, 18:13 Good day all. First of all congratulation to Bolla Pinnsvin for an impressive run in and some great choices! Wishing you good luck to reach your top 50 finish but of course also to all other Fisoers. Think it’s a good bunch and minileague here👍🏻.
Also appologies for not being active with posting more, was a bit busy recently.
Regarding my goals for the last two games - would like improve my OR again after I missed the deadline for rd 27. Have the attack attack chip still and now womdering whether to play it this round or hope for a goalfest in rd 30. Currently on James, Borven and Lehne Ohlsen.
If I had the chip I would play it GW29. James Borven and LO should do OK. The last round is a bit of a lottery and many teams will be safe with nothing to play for.
Good luck anyway.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Thanks Oxford NZ. Yes, this looks to be the round. Will go for it.

1albert
Treebeard
FS Record: Fiso FPL Cup 2018/19 3rd Place
Fiso FPL H2H League 1 2018/19 Champion
Fiso FPL Ctibbets H2H Spring League 18/19 Champion
Fiso Eliteserien League 2019 3rd place

Post by 1albert »

It's all over bar the shouting. The final gameweek (Round 30) is here already. How time flies when you're having fun.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

1albert wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 06:00 It's all over bar the shouting. The final gameweek (Round 30) is here already. How time flies when you're having fun.
Not so much fun for me this week with a shocking drop in OR to 2.4K

Good luck for the final GW it has been fun :)

1albert
Treebeard

Post by 1albert »

Oxford NZ wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 06:07
1albert wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 06:00 It's all over bar the shouting. The final gameweek (Round 30) is here already. How time flies when you're having fun.
I see you are an excellent third place in the New Zealand league. Maintain that position with a good gameweek 30 and your final OR is bound to improve.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

1albert wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 06:25
Oxford NZ wrote: 25 Nov 2019, 06:07
I see you are an excellent third place in the New Zealand league. Maintain that position with a good gameweek 30 and your final OR is bound to improve.
Thanks Albert.
I have been 2nd, 1st and now 3rd in NZ for the Eliteserien so was hoping to put up a better fight. Fantasy football had to come second place to life and running the FISO divisional championships which takes a lot of time. Top 1k was the target in OR to match last season but I will take 2k.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Its been fun. Stromsgodset fired themselves from relegated 14th to 12th on GD there with a 6-0 win over Brann.
Tromso, Lillestrom, Stromsgodset & Sarpsborg all needing to win the final game. Lillestrom V Sarpsborg should be the most interesting.
Im at 1841 overall with on 1675pts, like ONZ I was hoping for Top 1k (1708pts) but a 33pt swing is too much for the final game to make up.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

I'm happy to see that seven out of eight in our league were active ahead of GW 29. It was a tricky GW in the sense that only two teams in Eliteserien managed clean sheets and some popular assets never made it to the starting eleven.

It was a mediocre GW for my team, Heimebanseår, and instead of entering the top 50 I fell to OR 90. I realised that I was in danger of not having eleven players if I had done Akintola->Eikrem and I did not go through with this idea. Not bad in itself, as it turned out that Eikrem was not risked for the full 90 (still he managed an assist) while Akintola made a goal in his match. In stead I settled for Pellegrino out for the in-form Brynhildsen, playing for the in-form Stabæk, who were against the leaky defence of Mjøndalen. It looked good on Saturday, not so much on Sunday. Brynhildsen got less than 30 minutes and if I had done more research I may have discovered that Brynhildsen is not willing to prolong his contract with Stabæk. This punished his minutes and my ranking. I'll also mention that I suspect that my ranking was hurt a little bit by those who deployed a "2-captains" or "all-attack" card.

What to do for the final round? The teams fighting to avoid relegation may be the best bet (but Eikrem is still tempting me). All games look tricky to me as those that have a lot to play for may well be stronger than teams from the upper half of the table. Maybe Mjøndalen (Brochmann) playing the weak (but secure) Vålerenga is the answer this week. Or Tromsø? Brann is also a possibility. They were awful last Sunday, but they will play Viking (both teams are safe) who will have eyes on the cup final and Brann may take the chance to bounce back. Money is not the concern, at least not for me, as I have 6.3 to splash and can take any player I like this GW. Note that Rosenborg will meet a fighting Ranheim in a Trondheim derby where quality, history and money mean less than desperation and a desire to win.

I'm not sure what to do myself and this is also a reason why I won't finish among the very best. But luck can still bring me into top 50 (10 points behind at the moment).

Last round, best of luck to you all!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Good luck Bolla pinnsvin. Hope you get to the top 50 at least, it has been a good season for you :)
Settling for 2k My high spot for the season was getting a game week rank of 6th in round 14 with my two captains 135 score. It all went pair shaped for me from round 19 onward.
Boring Hedenstad to Melling transfer for me. I did want to get Vito back for one last hurrah but RBK may just battle out a win with Melling wanting to go out on a high.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

It's all over now.

No success in the last round for me. This was the only round where I waited until the deadline in order to get as much info about line-ups as I could get. I learned that Eikrem (a possible target) would not start, neither would Akintola (in my team). I therefore decided to do Akintola->Adegbenro as the latter was sure to start. With two minutes to go I even opted for him as a captain instead of James. That proved to be one step too far.

The last three rounds were in fact disappointing and I ended outside top 100 (at 109, to be precise). I did however win our FISO league and can't complain about the season. I gave it a shot towards the end and did not play "all safe" while at the same time not taking too much risk.

"My" team, Mjøndalen, managed to hold on to a place in Eliteserien as well. Against the odds.

Thanks to all who contributed and/or played in our league! And now over to a season of cross-country skiing...

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Well played Bolla pinnsvin.
109 OR a great achievement imho.
Also congratulations to Mjondalen , their next season in Eliteserien will be easier having got more experience this season.
The cross country skiing sounds fantastic. We are just heading into summer so most of my leisure activities will be off shore or back country fishing or hunting.

Hope you all enjoyed Eliteserien as much as me and good luck for this seasons FPL and next seasons Eliteserien. I will be watching from afar with interest but not participating.

For any of you not signed up to the FISO divisional championships that will be my burden for the next few seasons so if you wish to participate pm me or post on the thread and you can be added to the next round.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Thanks Oxford NZ.
I started playing Eliteserien FF (and also the Swedish Allsvenskan FF btw) because I thought I could learn a bit by experimenting between the English FF-seasons. But I found little to be gained in that respect. The FF-games are different, not only due to the leagues, but also due to slightly different rules. However I did enjoy them in their own right and I know a lot more about Norwegian and Swedish football than I did before. It's a bit addictive so I expect myself to be back next season. What I find annoying is that the Norwegian football season have been stretched far into the winter season. This country was not invented for playing football in the snow.

I strongly recommend the FISO divisional Oxford NZ is running. This is my favorite sidegame to the PL FF and I always l check the excel spreadsheet after a GW with some excitement. The good thing is that it's never too late for a comeback. It was a highlight when I managed to win one of the mini-seasons last (normal) season. It's not too often we win something, but here there are multiple chances over a normal season.

1albert
Treebeard

Post by 1albert »

Got to say that I was pleasantly surprised to hold onto and finish third in the Fiso Eliteserien League. This was my first fantasy season in Norway and won't be my last. Overall an enjoyable experience, helped by a friendly informative Fiso thread. Thanks to you all.
I guess next season will kick off somewhere close to the beginning of April 2020? See you then.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

1albert wrote: 03 Dec 2019, 09:51
I guess next season will kick off somewhere close to the beginning of April 2020? See you then.
4th April is the start date.
Lots of action pre season in the Eliteserien. I have only looked at RBK so far as that is my team.
Dino Islamovic replaces Soderlund at RBK and scores 2 goals against Ranheim in a friendly on debut, and a nice hatrick last season for Östersunds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOrqS2qq48k

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Eliteserien Fantasy”