No
44%

Total votes: 39

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Eliteserien Fantasy Chat

Post by Finisher1 »

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... rs-of-fpl/
Already 58 players have joined the FFS league, including FPL legend Ville Rönkä. The league code is: 3769-1041
:o

This sounds interesting, but the site should be available in English too.

Here is the site:
https://fantasy.eliteserien.no/

FISO League Details
THE FISO FORUM
27981-8004
Last edited by Finisher1 on 31 Mar 2017, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Re: Elitserien Fantasy

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Wow - haven't thought Eliteserien would gather much interest outside Norway to be honest - but then again, with the same rules and concept as FPL it could be fun

Not sure if I'm going to play yet. If so it wouldn't be with the same intensity as in FPL, despite beeing from Norway.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

PleasedToMichu wrote:Wow - haven't thought Eliteserien would gather much interest outside Norway to be honest - but then again, with the same rules and concept as FPL it could be fun

Not sure if I'm going to play yet. If so it wouldn't be with the same intensity as in FPL, despite beeing from Norway.
Everything is similar to FPL, except:

- Only 30 gameweeks
- No BB, TC or AoA
- Two wildcards - one between GW2-17 and one between GW18-30
- Bonus points are awarded by some sort of "experts"

Even the graphics and all are similar to FPL, it seems pretty nice! :lol:

I wonder if we have somewhere online the same kind of tools like we have in FPL:

- Underlying statistics
- Price change predictions
- Stemplate about DGW's - in fact, I don't even know if fixture postponements and hence DGW's are common in Norwegian league? Should we be prepared for DGW's, or are they totally non-existent in Norway?

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Pretty much random (for me) FPL - this could be my big chance!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

bspittles wrote:Pretty much random (for me) FPL - this could be my big chance!
Yes, I will definitely participate. I suspect I might lose my interest soon, so then I will be just a casual in this game, but it's better than nothing - there is always a chance for a massively lucky start, in which case I will pay more effort.

Also if this game is going to be a big thing some day, it's better to have a rubbish overall rank from 2017 than no ranking at all, regarding the HoF calculation method :P For example in FPL it takes such a long time for a bright and talented rookie to establish a good HoF position, because all those casuals who have played the game for a longer period are still better at HoF calculation with their rubbish casual rankings from a longer period.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Finisher1 wrote:Everything is similar to FPL, except:

- Only 30 gameweeks - yeah, just 16 teams in the league
- No BB, TC or AoA - T
- Two wildcards - one between GW2-17 and one between GW18-30
- Bonus points are awarded by some sort of "experts"

Even the graphics and all are similar to FPL, it seems pretty nice! :lol:

I wonder if we have somewhere online the same kind of tools like we have in FPL:

- Underlying statistics
- Price change predictions
- Stemplate about DGW's - in fact, I don't even know if fixture postponements and hence DGW's are common in Norwegian league? Should we be prepared for DGW's, or are they totally non-existent in Norway?
Stemplate :D

Just the one cup in Norway, and norwegian teams rarely play in europe. Some fixtures might be moved, but it's not like the DGW's in PL. When Europe-qualification kicks in you could see some fixtures beeing moved is my best guess.

This year rights to show Eliteserien (first year it's called this, before it was "Tippeligaen" - directly translated to "Betting-league", sponsored by the only allowed bookie in Norway, state-owned "Norsk Tipping") was moved from TV2 to Discovery. TV2 had their own Fantasy-game which was crap, and that's perhaps the reason for my lack of enthusiasm to norwegian FF. Also, I know PL much better than the norwegian league (PL is huge here in Norway).

Eliteserien is a low-quality league, and is known to be unpredictable. Rosenborg is perhaps the only stable team, especially after Kåre Ingebrigtsen got his stamp on the team. Still, watch out for Molde this year. Ole Gunnar Solskjær got back his assistent/trainer this year, Mark Dempsey, who was key assisting Solskjær when he managed Molde too two consecutive league-wins a couple of years ago.

Vålerenga is also one to look out for, having Ronny Deila as their trainer. Deila is a attacking-minded coach, and is known to make much of little (had success with Strømsgodset couple years ago, making way to his job at Celtic). Odd is a good team and have been relatively stable recent years.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I don't know, maybe. Are we going to have a FISO League? When does the season start?

If I get a team I will have plenty of Lillestrøm players, I did some scouting and identified a 39 yo CB as a good prospect, Frode Kippe is his name and he's their captain when he's not injured. I seem to remember Lillestrøm having a crazy good run in Europe a long time ago. But anyway, I have stayed there a few times and visited the pub where their supporters go, all wood and yellow banners. Their fans are known as "canary-lovers". Well, maybe it sounds better in Norwegian. :)

Contemplating doing this makes me realise just how much time and attention to detail I invest in FPL. I think it has become a borderline obsession. :oops: :roll: :lol:

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Ruth_NZ wrote:I don't know, maybe. Are we going to have a FISO League? When does the season start?

If I get a team I will have plenty of Lillestrøm players, I did some scouting and identified a 39 yo CB as a good prospect, Frode Kippe is his name and he's their captain when he's not injured. I seem to remember Lillestrøm having a crazy good run in Europe a long time ago. But anyway, I have stayed there a few times and visited the pub where their supporters go, all wood and yellow banners. Their fans are known as "canary-lovers". Well, maybe it sounds better in Norwegian. :)

Contemplating doing this makes me realise just how much time and attention to detail I invest in FPL. I think it has become a borderline obsession. :oops: :roll: :lol:
You might want to have another chat with you're pub-friends mate :D

They're called "Kanarifugla" - and "fugla" means "birds" in english. This site claims it dates back to the 50', when a reporter wrote about the "canarybirds" latest win against Larvik Turn in 1952. The reporter apparantly beeing extremely interested in english football - and it's belived his inspiration from naming them "canarybirds" came from Norwich.

https://kfl.no/wiki/index.php/Kanarifugla

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote:I don't know, maybe. Are we going to have a FISO League? When does the season start?

It starts on next Saturday, April 1st at 5pm UK time.

Paulista
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Paulista »

Ruth_NZ wrote:I did some scouting and identified a 39 yo CB as a good prospect, Frode Kippe is his name and he's their captain when he's not injured. :
The Norwegian Gareth McAuley?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Paulista wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:I did some scouting and identified a 39 yo CB as a good prospect, Frode Kippe is his name and he's their captain when he's not injured. :)
The Norwegian Gareth McAuley?
Not going to miss out twice. :wink: Frode has 50 goals in 342 games in his current spell with Lillestrøm. A 6' 5" defender is never to be ignored. :mrgreen:

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Might give it a go. Bit of fun over the summer break

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

I've never watched Norwegian football in my life, so I think I'll pass. ;)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

It might be worth playing to test out where I'm going wrong at FPL. Do we know how the price change works?

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

This might sound crazy, but I really believe that Bendtner will score 20+ goals for Rosenborg this season. Being nailed on the best and most scoring team i Norway, who playes 4-3-3, and him playing center forward. This should be fun.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Elitserien Fantasy

Post by Finisher1 »

Tacalabala wrote:It might be worth playing to test out where I'm going wrong at FPL. Do we know how the price change works?
Price changes work similarly to FPL, 0.1m rises and drops based on transfer volumes and you can keep 50% of rises when you sell. However, the price change formula is secret like it is in FPL, so it remains to be seen how fierce price changes are.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 27 Mar 2017, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Elitserien Fantasy

Post by Finisher1 »

Panserjohan wrote:This might sound crazy, but I really believe that Bendtner will score 20+ goals for Rosenborg this season. Being nailed on the best and most scoring team i Norway, who playes 4-3-3, and him playing center forward. This should be fun.
Yes, his price is 12.5m so basically he is expected to be this game's Aguero.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I'm in and joined the FFS League. Is there someone in particular that runs FISO leagues or shall we just set one up?

Amazing the difference a familiar format makes.
The thread in "other fantasy football games" for La Liga, Ligue 1 *and* the Bundesliga got one reply in August.
Norway? Queueing round the block, mate :lol:

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

I expect Ville will have this in the bag, it may be interesting to follow his moves in this game to see how he manages it

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

I'll provide a tip for the start of the season in Haugesund's striker Ibrahim Shuaibu at 5.0. He's been impressive in pre-season and coach Eirik Horneland have stated it will be hard to look past Shuaibu. He's competing with Frederik Gytkjær and perhaps Eirik Huseklepp, but as Horneland have stated "..we will see how fast we get him (Gytkjær) up to the level we want. We'll make sure he's got time to ease in the league".

Shuaibu could be a fine enabler before first WC.

I also think Molde's Sander Svendsen in midfield at 8.5 should be great value. Originally a striker, and his talent is praised high (SciSports had him at 26'th place over Europe's biggest talent for those born after 97. Rashford in 25'th place actually. Perhaps not the best list, as Borthwick-Jackson was the winner..). He's deadly inside the box and should score some decent points this year. He had a bad year last year, after beeing pushed down in midfield. He just admitted during an intervju that his fitness was bad last year, and that he learned a lot from that. He should be ready this year.

On a side-note I would wishlist his younger brother, Tobias Svendsen, as he's been praised to be a even better talent then Sander himself. He got some gametime last year and looked very promising. He's surely not ready for 90 min week in/out yet, but I would not be suprised if Tobias is this seasons youth-player of the year.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Thank you PTM, that's very helpful. I will definitely buy Shuaibu, he seems like a bargain based on what you say.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Finisher1 wrote:Thank you PTM, that's very helpful. I will definitely buy Shuaibu, he seems like a bargain based on what you say.
Yeah, I will have him in my team aswell. The only thing is Haugesunds fixtures, the first 5 is not the best;

1: Strømsgodset away - tough game - Strømsgodset is a strong home-side
2: Vålerenga home - also a tough game - I think Vålerenga will have a good season
3: Lillestrøm away - Going to "Åråsen", as their pitch is named, is always tough
4: Brann away - The best home-side last year - and the team with least conceded goals at home (6 in 15 matches)
5: Molde home - Perhaps i'm biased, but I fully expect Molde to win here

Four of these (excluding Lillestrøm) is expected to be fighting for top 5-6, Strømsgodset and Molde have ambitions of medals at least. So i'm not expecting that much from Shuaibu, but as I said earlier in the thread, Eliteserien is known to be unpredictable (Brann managed silver last year, directly after promotion from 1.division), so anything could happen! At that price combined with the statements from coach, i'm certainly going for him.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I'll not be playing (nor can I attest to the accuracy of the below), but some of you might find this post on FFS useful:
CHAPELLE (on FFS) wrote:Molde
Corners: Petter Strand
Fouls: Petter Strand
Penalties: Harmeet Singh, Fredrik Aursnes

fire
Corners: Fredrik Haugen
Fouls: Fredrik Haugen
penalties:

Aalesund
Direct free kick Mikkel Kirkeskov
Corner: Mikkel Kirkeskov
Penalties: Mos

Rosenborg
Direct free kick: 1.Helland 2.Jensen
Corner: 1. Hedenstad / Helland
Penalties: 1.Bendtner (?) 2.Helland

odds BK
Direct free kick: 1.Ruud
Corner: Ruud, Våge Nilsen
Penalties: Nordkvelle, Occean

strømsgodset
Direct free kick: Ulland Andersen
Corner: Parr from the right. Ulland Andersen from left
Penalties: 1.Pedersen 2.Vilsvik

Sarpsborg 08
Corners: Jonas Lindberg, Anders Trondsen, Tobias Heintz
Fouls: Anders Trondsen
penalties:

Kristiansund BK
Corners: Sverre Hjelle Økland, Rocky Lekaj
Fouls: Sverre Hjelle Økland
Penalties: Sverre Hjelle Økland

Vålerenga
Direct free kick: Grindheim, Stengel, Agyiri and Lindkvist (?)
Corner: Zahid, Grindheim, Stengel, Agyiri and Lindkvist (?)
Penalties: 1.Fredheim Holm

Lillestrom
Direct free kick: Fredrik Krogstad
Corner: F. Krogstad
Penalties: 1. Matthew 2.Krogstad

Sandefjord
Corners: William Kurtovic, Håvard Storbæk
Fouls: Håvard Storbæk, Enric Valles
Penalties: Erik Mjelde

Viking
Corners: Andre Danielsen
Fouls: Andre Danielsen
Penalties: Andre Danielsen

Stabæk
Direct free kick:
corner:
penalties:

FK Haugesund
Corners: Alexander Stølås, Kristoffer Haraldseid
Fouls: Alexander Stølås, Haris Hajradinovic, Kristoffer Haraldseid
Penalties: Filip Kiss, Haris Hajradinovic

Sogndal
Corners: Gilbert Koomson
Fouls: Gilbert Koomson
Penalties: Gilkbert Koomson

Tromso
Direct free kick: 1.Gamst Pedersen
Corner: Gamst Pedersen
Penalties: Magnus Andersen

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Stemania wrote:I'll not be playing (nor can I attest to the accuracy of the below), but some of you might find this post on FFS useful:
CHAPELLE (on FFS) wrote:Molde

fire
Corners: Fredrik Haugen
Fouls: Fredrik Haugen
penalties:

Aalesund
Direct free kick Mikkel Kirkeskov
Corner: Mikkel Kirkeskov
Penalties: Mos

Rosenborg
Direct free kick: 1.Helland 2.Jensen
Corner: 1. Hedenstad / Helland
Penalties: 1.Bendtner (?) 2.Helland

odds BK
Direct free kick: 1.Ruud
Corner: Ruud, Våge Nilsen
Penalties: Nordkvelle, Occean

strømsgodset
Direct free kick: Ulland Andersen
Corner: Parr from the right. Ulland Andersen from left
Penalties: 1.Pedersen 2.Vilsvik

Sarpsborg 08
Corners: Jonas Lindberg, Anders Trondsen, Tobias Heintz
Fouls: Anders Trondsen
penalties:

Kristiansund BK
Corners: Sverre Hjelle Økland, Rocky Lekaj
Fouls: Sverre Hjelle Økland
Penalties: Sverre Hjelle Økland

Vålerenga

Lillestrom
Direct free kick: Fredrik Krogstad
Corner: F. Krogstad
Penalties: 1. Matthew 2.Krogstad

Sandefjord
Corners: William Kurtovic, Håvard Storbæk
Fouls: Håvard Storbæk, Enric Valles
Penalties: Erik Mjelde

Viking
Corners: Andre Danielsen
Fouls: Andre Danielsen
Penalties: Andre Danielsen

Stabæk
Direct free kick:
corner:
penalties:

FK Haugesund
Corners: Alexander Stølås, Kristoffer Haraldseid
Fouls: Alexander Stølås, Haris Hajradinovic, Kristoffer Haraldseid
Penalties: Filip Kiss, Haris Hajradinovic

Sogndal
Corners: Gilbert Koomson
Fouls: Gilbert Koomson
Penalties: Gilkbert Koomson

Tromso
Direct free kick: 1.Gamst Pedersen
Corner: Gamst Pedersen
Penalties: Magnus Andersen
Cheers. Open mouthed that this is getting so much attention! Is there any way to actually watch this league in the UK?

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I made a team a couple of days ago.

Is anybody going to set up a Fiso league?

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Molde

Singh don't play for Molde anymore. Aursnes seems like a good bet. Joona Toivio also have a mad freekick-leg if he's playing (and he's a CB)

Vålerenga

In Vålerengas last pre-season match against Kongsvinger "Moa", or Mohammed Abdellaoue, took their penalty. Fredheim Holm did not feature. Don't know Vålerenga enough to know who is first in the pecking order, but Fredheim Holm is out at least six weeks due to ligament damage in his knee.

PleasedToMichu
FISOhead

Post by PleasedToMichu »

Took the liberty to create a FISO league:

27981-8004

Perhaps Finisher1 or a moderator could include the code in his first post?

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

I've created a FISO league for those wishing to participate

The FISO Forum
Edit - Too late

Ive appended the league details to the top post.
Norweigan Fantasy Football. I'm mad as pish.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

If your player scores, will you have to shout
måååååålllllll!!!!
;)

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Home/Away Defensive Rotation

The following teams have perfect home/away rotation:

Stabaek/Haugesund
Viking/Kristiansund
Vålerenga/Odd
Strömsgodset/Sogndal

The following have near-perfect home/away rotation (1 game both at home, 1 game both away):

Lillestrom/Aalesund
Tromsø/Brann
Strömsgodset/Odd
Vålerenga/Sogndal

I hope I've worked all this out correctly. If anyone has come across a similar list I'd be very interested.

I rustled this up because I thought I should at least try to get my goalkeeper rotation sorted. :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Eliteserien Fantasy”