To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Tiger Woods car accident?

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: Tiger Woods car accident?

Post by Surprised »

Isn't this story making it a bit dramatic?
Mountains and molehills spring to mind

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Elin Nordegren, 29, dragged her husband to safety after he hit a fire hydrant"
"He had cuts on his lips and blood in his mouth"

RichardRoma
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RichardRoma »

Some right hook! :D :D

Pouzar
Dumbledore
FS Record: 3rd in TFFO 2005

Post by Pouzar »

An interesting story about the Tiger Woods accident from the very reliable salon.com. The National Inquirer is not very responsible, butt there is something fishy about this whole event. Maybe he`s a tiger in more ways than one.

http://www.salon.com/life/tiger_woods/i ... accident_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

The salon.com article is written by Doug Ferguson who, if I'm not mistaken, as a well-respected veteran golf writer. Given his access, I'd expect him not to be selling gossip as that would run the risk of him cutting off that access.

Last night I was thinking about all that wasn't being said about this. The BBC's Iain Carter makes references to Woods' demeanour being much more unsettled throughout 2009. The police were very careful in their choice of words to leave open-ended exactly what role the golf club, supposedly for the rescue operation, had. The mosaic implies both marital stress and that the accident was in some way related to that stress.

I hope it's nothing more than the pitfalls of having a young family.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woo ... cerations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ps - gotta love the choice of photos :lol:

URkiddingMe
Dumblebunny

Post by URkiddingMe »

Tiger Woods was having an affair apparently.

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2009/ ... crash.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/19554 ... laims.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2009/ ... -suit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here are photos of his wife and the "other woman" - i know who i prefer :P

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

The "alleged" other woman could give Sarah Jessica Parker a run for her money, and by that I mean over fences at Cheltenham :?

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

"Her nickname for Tiger is Bear" :lol:

URkiddingMe
Dumblebunny

Post by URkiddingMe »

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/pri ... -diva/3300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"It can be difficult being a successful woman in this industry because being assertive is often misinterpreted as being a complete bitch."

i agree darling.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

IMG probably wouldn't let him have an affair - too much brand damage. The National Enquirer.......

At least he & Elin have had 48hrs to get their stories straight.

Edit - tmz updates make it more interesting. She's changed her story; she could be arrested for abuse; was Woods driving under the influence of prescription painkillers?

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woo ... ay-patrol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although I have to say - would they not have to be pretty potent to make him that woozy?

Pouzar
Dumbledore

Post by Pouzar »

Sounds like the problems are more personal than legal. I doubt very much the police want to charge Tiger`s wife with assault if he doesn`t want them to. I don`t think he will be off to a battered husband`s shelter any time soon. We could be misreading but a familiar story seems to be emerging. Who knows what the Hell is going on in anyone else`s marriage, but if it is as it seems I`m a little disappointed in Tiger. If he wants to play big shot and mess around he shouldn`t get married and have kids. Not great for his image, IF we are reading correctly between the lines.

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

What are the accusations? :?

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

No accusations, Groomy.

I started the thread as it was initially headlined as "serious injuries". So it was a query to see if/what the real story was, and has subsequently moved on to tracking the reported developments in the US. I want to know what he's been up to as my Fantasy Golf picks could be affected if he's got marital strife to sort out :lol:

Pouzar
Dumbledore

Post by Pouzar »

Groomy the between the lines suggestion is that Tiger has been fooling around with another Blond, that it was reported in a U.S. tab (it was), his wife confronted him, chased him out of the house (or he just left) possibly wielding a golf club, he hopped in the Caddy, she smashed in the back window with the club, he backed up fast, crashing into a fire hydrant, got banged up by the accident or possibly by the golf club, she called 911, and their stories don't seem to add up. No major crime there, but possibly some major marital discord, spoiling the pure image of his Tigerness, IF all this is accurate. Just gossip really.

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

Wow! I had no idea he was that interesting! :wink:

I guess the Tiger media bouncers will slam into action to stop any "misunderstandings". He'd not be the first or last sportsman with everything who has played away and she'd not be the first or last girl to discover that being married to a guy with OCD (focussed ni believe is the sports phrase) isn't sa much fun as it looked.

Either that or there is nothing in the story at all! If we get a charm offensive we'll know to suspect!

Pincher
Grumpy Old Crab
FS Record: Allys Tartan Army

Post by Pincher »

There has been something fishy from the start about all this, and I guess the marital issues are the most plausible. Turns out it wasn't Elin who phoned 911 of course. What I don't understand is how he got out of the car (or she got him out) and why he was semi-conscious on the road.

Did the car go backwards into the tree? I guess that might make a little sense if you were in a hurry to escape, but then she wouldn't have needed so smash the rear window to get him out (or was it just a rear-side window). It is strange that he could be KO'd but only have bleeding from his mouth. So some sort of drug-influence (though not alcohol) does seem likely to me - either that or he was driving in his sleep.

The being unconscious bit is the part that has me most confused. :?

Also a bit strange that he hasn't seen the police and closed the issue as soon as possible - does he really expect the tabloids not to have a field-day!

Don't think it will affect your fantasy golf picks Si - he's too professional to let life interfere with work!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Groomyd wrote:Wow! I had no idea he was that interesting! :wink:

I guess the Tiger media bouncers will slam into action to stop any "misunderstandings". He'd not be the first or last sportsman with everything who has played away and she'd not be the first or last girl to discover that being married to a guy with OCD (focussed ni believe is the sports phrase) isn't sa much fun as it looked.

Either that or there is nothing in the story at all! If we get a charm offensive we'll know to suspect!

Or, she trapped him, had some kids, securing decent alimony and ...... But then I could just be bitter :wink:

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

blahblah wrote: she trapped him
She could trap me whenever she wanted :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Groomyd wrote:
blahblah wrote: she trapped him
She could trap me whenever she wanted :wink:

I doubt that you could afford her :roll: :wink:

Groomyd
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Groomyd »

Wasn't she a cleaner?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Groomyd wrote:Wasn't she a cleaner?

You mean a scrubber?

Is there any difference between gold-digging and prostitution? If we re going to go off thread, we might as well go big :wink:

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

It appears he is not as good a driver as he thought! :lol:

The Ledge
Dumbledore
FS Record: 6th place TFF finish, MotW winner, Highest Climber and Div 15 champ.

Post by The Ledge »

Groomyd wrote:Wasn't she a cleaner?
Wasn't she a nanny for Jaesper Parnevik (or one of the Swedish golfing contingent)?

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

The transcript from the 911 call should put any outstanding issues to bed:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 937412.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink: :roll:

Lister
Grumpy Old Baggie
FS Record: Won a few golf things a long time ago!!

Post by Lister »

That's just how they are when I have to phone the States can hardly understand what you say and there is always more than one of them :)

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Five long bones wrote:The "alleged" other woman could give Sarah Jessica Parker a run for her money, and by that I mean over fences at Cheltenham :?
:lol: :lol:

This article uses the phrase "gone ghetto". I can see that crossing into common useage (if it isn't already)

This happened in the early hours of Friday morning right following Thanksgiving on Thursday. Bit of a domestic cliche.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

Someone's been a naughty boy :lol:

Fairly dignified text from TW:
"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Strange. No mention of Rehab, or Therapy :shock:

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

He was the one that brought it into the public domain by driving his car into a fire hydrant and a tree. Otherwise we'd have been none the wiser. What if a small child or a cute doggie had been playing/using that hydrant at the time? I'm quaking with fear at the thought...

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

A late contender for quote of the year:

"Personal sins should not require press releases "

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Spencer4 wrote:He was the one that brought it into the public domain by driving his car into a fire hydrant and a tree. Otherwise we'd have been none the wiser. What is a small child or a cute doggie had been playing/using that hydrant at the time? I'm quaking with fear at the thought...

While being chased by a banshee wife wielding a golf club :wink:

I think we can rule out the small child given the time of night/morning :wink:

Top quote, though.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”