To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ice Hockey

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
Pouzar99
FISOhead

Ice Hockey

Post by Pouzar99 »

Yeah, I know there aren't too many hockey fans on here but check this out. His name is Connor McDavid. He is 20 years old. Last year he won the scoring title and was picked seperately by the media and his fellow players as the MVP. He is fastest skater ever to play the game. He scored all three goals in the season opener against what some believe is the best defence in hockey. His second goal blew the roof off the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLCYvkmKNSw

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: Ice Hockey

Post by Spinynorman »

That was pretty amazing. It always baffles me how they can hurtle up to the goal like that and not just crash through both the keeper and the net.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

On a slightly different note, congratulations to Nottingham Panthers on becoming the first UK side too reach the knock out stages of the European Champions League :-)

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Post by Ralfbergs »

That guy's unbelievably good - so young and already getting MVP last year, having highest amount of points and captaining his side. I don't follow NHL or KHL(Russian version of NHL) anymore, only my national team, so haven't seen him in action, but if he keeps this up it will be amazing.

Pouzar99
FISOhead

Post by Pouzar99 »

What makes McDavid great is that besides his blazing speed, measured at 41 KPH in this rush, is his ability to make moves and stickhandle at top speed. He is an Edmonton OIler and I saw him play live 46 times last season. And now, back to footie!

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

The only thing I know about ice hockey is when I owned nhl 96. Great game.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

bspittles wrote: 06 Oct 2017, 11:57 On a slightly different note, congratulations to Nottingham Panthers on becoming the first UK side too reach the knock out stages of the European Champions League :-)
Didn't know that, ta.

Used to go and watch them a bit back in the day. Enjoyed it but it just isn't football...... (need a bigger puck so I can see what's going on!)

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

mad dog wrote: 06 Oct 2017, 20:37 The only thing I know about ice hockey is when I owned nhl 96. Great game.

and, I assume, SlapShot :D

slapshot.png
My business partner is in Wisconsin so it's all Ice Hockey and Nordic Skiing as their main sports there.

I think it's a great game - fast and with lively crowds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”