To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Andy Murray Sexism

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Andy Murray Sexism

Post by Footy66 »

Andy Murray, he is the true hero for standing up for women, calling out that journalist for not using the word 'male', absolute hero!!!!

What the heck! He was just being a pedantic, miserable bugga. It's obvious the journo was talking about men's tennis.

It's laughable that Serena Williams has come out and praised Murray for sticking up for women. If she really believed in equality she would be demanding that women play best of 5 sets and get the same prize money as men.

I was watching the Tennis on the BBC today and Boris Becker, John McEnroe, and Sue Barker were chatting. Boris says to McEnroe "You finally have somebody in the Semi's". Neither Barker, nor McEnroe called him out for not using the word 'Male', because they are not pedantic, miserable gits. It was also funny because almost straight after Becker said that, Sue Barker read out Serena William's statement about how great Murray is.

Not sure why this all pizzed me off so much, but the whole things a joke.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Re: Andy Murray Sexism

Post by baganboy »

Others might have a different (and completely fair from their standpoint) way of looking at this. As long as you can respect that, I think your point can also be respected.

Five sets is a non-reason, BTW.
Women, right from the Graf Sabatini era, have long suggested that they would be happy playing five sets (which even the men don't play in non-grand slam events). The most agreed upon reason that this does not happen, is because of time. If both Men's and women's matches are 5-sets, the grand slams will take 3 weeks to complete.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

So to achieve equality and to finish Grand Slams within two weeks perhaps both the men's and women's matches should be the best of 4. :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Isn't there a proposition of: first to 4 Games wins a set with TB at 4-4, best of 5 Sets to replace the 3 Set Matches for both? (I assume the bigger Tournaments stay at first to 6....)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”