To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RWC - Diving

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
TheoRiginal
FISOhead
FS Record: Virginal

RWC - Diving

Post by TheoRiginal »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Reids reactions aren't that quick to act like a dive. He's my countries captain as well and certainly doesn't play like that.
Because New Zealanders never dive in an attempt to gain an unfair and unsporting advantage, do they . . .

Or do they? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/20463813
Last edited by TheoRiginal on 29 Aug 2016, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Impending bans; Aguero, Lamela, Gray.

Post by ZeroRemorse »

TheoRiginal wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:Reids reactions aren't that quick to act like a dive. He's my countries captain as well and certainly doesn't play like that.
Because New Zealanders never dive in an attempt to gain an unfair and unsporting advantage, do they . . .

Did you google "New Zealand dives" or something? Because I love Rugby and never ever heard of this incident, funny. :lol:

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:

Did you google "New Zealand dives" or something? Because I love Rugby and never ever heard of this incident, funny. :lol:
I was there at the Arms Park mate. Anyone with any love of the game knows about how Andy Haden embarrassed his country and destroyed their reputation as hard but fair opponents. Colin Meads was crying. It has all gone downhill for them since, the win at all costs professional mentality ruining the best sport in the world. Shame!

PS I suppose they don't argue pointlessly about throw-ins, so the egg-chasers still have something over soccer in the sportsmanship stakes.
Last edited by TheoRiginal on 29 Aug 2016, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

TheoRiginal wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:
TheoRiginal wrote:

I was there at the Arms Park mate. Anyone with any love of the game knows about how Andy Haden embarrassed his country and destroyed their reputation as hard but fair opponents. Colin Meads was crying. It has all gone downhill for them since, the win at all costs professional mentality ruining the best sport in the world. Shame!

PS I suppose they don't argue pointlessly about throw-ins, so the egg-chasers still have something over soccer in the sportsmanship stakes.
I'm 28 and I've been to 3 RWC's and played the sport since I was 5 and I'm completely ignorant to this incident, perhaps because you are Welsh(?) this may have been of far more significance to yourself and country, since it would have cut down that record of 60 or so years that Wales have not beaten the All Blacks. Hey at least you're not the Irish or Scottish and actually beaten us before :)

This incident reminds me of Suarez committing that handball that resulted in the Ghana guy missing the penalty. Doing what ever it takes to win the game. I'm not entirely impressed he dived, seems more of an Australian tactic to me :wink:

TheoRiginal
FISOhead

Post by TheoRiginal »

ZeroRemorse wrote:I'm 28 and I've been to 3 RWC's and played the sport since I was 5 and I'm completely ignorant . . .
I'm 62, been to all the RWCs, and was once asked to represent the British Lions - but turned them down, unlike my brother who outplayed Sid Going - and used to respect the All Blacks, but not after that happened.

I suppose it occurred ten years before you were born, and I presume that it doesn't feature that much in antipodean DVDs of "Great Sporting Victories", so it is not surprising that you are unaware of your countrymen's propensity to cheat.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

TheoRiginal wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:I'm 28 and I've been to 3 RWC's and played the sport since I was 5 and I'm completely ignorant . . .
I'm 62, been to all the RWCs, and was once asked to represent the British Lions - but turned them down, unlike my brother who outplayed Sid Going - and used to respect the All Blacks, but not after that happened.

I suppose it occurred ten years before you were born, and I presume that it doesn't feature that much in antipodean DVDs of "Great Sporting Victories", so it is not surprising that you are unaware of your countrymen's propensity to cheat.
Well on that note, let's not derail the thread any further with further rantings for a 30+ year old incident you still harbour ridiculous levels of animosity over. Perhaps instead of being so bitter over that incident, you should be more questioning why you haven't had the opportunity to beat the All Blacks again. Any time you've come up against us since, you've been crap.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Well on that note, let's not derail the thread any further
Thank you
ZeroRemorse wrote:... Further derailment...
:roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”