To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Klitschko v Fury

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: Klitschko v Fury

Post by forestfan »

Or maybe Fraudley/Audrey/Ordinary/A-Farce will fancy a comeback :lol:

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Tyson Fury is the real deal this is a huge achievement. He shifted his tactics well, has caught Klitschko past his peak but was unpredictable and Klitschko could never work him out.

Haye went twelve rounds with Klitschko and lost every single one by a distance, not even close - hardly threw a punch, just not big enough for this division.

Joshua is a brilliant prospect but he's still learning, just not even on the cards. It will be Wilder v Fury. Joshua's trainers and promoters aren't stupid they won't risk their futures for an early fight. Joshua can wait a few more years risk free and still be world champion.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Haye was injured, and Klitschko a few years younger then... still would be surprised if he can make a comeback to that level. Maybe could have taken Fury out a few years ago had he been able to go through with it.

Expect Fury will fight a few bums before a decent challenge is thrown his way anyway.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Fury has a big advantage as he actually is a real heavyweight and massive, having a height and reach advantage. Klitschko is past his peak but still has the know-how and boxing craft to come through against opponents who aren't of the highest class. Previously his opponents have been intimidated by his sheer size and reach and he's been able to jab his way to dominance.

Haye was never a real heavyweight, he himself admitted he was far too slight and small to be a match for Klitschko and really never stood a chance. His broken toenail didn't help.

Rumoured a return is on the cards, but then in boxing it always is. Wilder in the States looks possible and he is a very real opponent definitely no bum.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

There will be a host of top fights for Fury:

Povektin
Browne
Wilder
Haye
And even a rumour of big bro Vitial.

Fury knows he has a iffy chin and will probably take on a few smaller boxers first. Not sure if he would risk 12 rounds with Wilder who is just as big and have tnt his punches.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds Fury a complete arse :evil:

Pantomime fight though. When has the bloody canvas ever been changed ? Fat and flabby Fury has one move - the long jab - and that's it. And a couple of head butts and rabbit punches.

Klitch was very, very disappointing. As boxers go I really respect the guy but he looks past it. Time, maybe, to call it a day.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Vladimir has mentioned this morning he wants a rematch. Mentioned his his statement that Fury had no power and it was only his reach that he struggled with.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Dennisthemenace wrote:SPOTY?
Needs to be on telly. Joe Public wouldn't know him if they bumped into him wearing an "I'm Tyson Fury" t-shirt.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

murf wrote:
Dennisthemenace wrote:SPOTY?
Needs to be on telly. Joe Public wouldn't know him if they bumped into him wearing an "I'm Tyson Fury" t-shirt.
They will when he's in the jungle with Ant and Dec in a couple of years' time :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

His shirt would just say "Tyson" so they would assume he was the ear munching rapist.....

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: Klitschko v Fury

Ashers wrote:There will be a host of top fights for Fury:

Povektin
Browne
Wilder
Haye
And even a rumour of big bro Vitali.
Maybe not Haye....

I will never give him a pay day. If he gets mandatory for the WBA, he can have the WBA. Let him go and fight Fred Flintstone or Joe Bloggs and make no money.

"Absolutely point-blank, I will say Haye will never get a chance after what he did to me," he said in The Guardian.

"Whatever title he gets mandatory for, I will vacate. Let him fight the next challenger. I'm not giving him a pay day.

Fury is unwilling to forgive Haye for pulling out of two scheduled bouts, the last in February 2013 when he underwent serious shoulder surgery that appeared to have ended his career.

"I don't care if he says I can make £10m, it's not about money for me. I'm not here about the money, because, let's face it, the next fight with Wladimir Klitschko is going to be for a lot of money. He is getting no opportunities from us.. He is a pretender, a fraud."

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”