To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

This week I am mostly listening to....

A forum for discussion on Music topics whatever your taste.
tommymooney
FISO Knight

Re: This week I am mostly listening to....

Post by tommymooney »

Agree 'this mess we're in' is a top track.

I do like that Palma Violets track - there's just something indefinable about it making it great...

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

tommymooney wrote:Agree 'this mess we're in' is a top track.

I do like that Palma Violets track - there's just something indefinable about it making it great...
The new indie darlings, although I haven't heard the album yet.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

indeed. The 'new libertines' :roll:

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

I absolutely love this!

fancy dan
Grumpy Old Dan
Location: Having a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
FS Record: Winner of S4's big WC prediction game - and 2-time winner of the Premier League A game!

Post by fancy dan »

If you get a chance to see Public Service Broadcasting live, don't miss it - one of the best gigs I've seen in ages. There are only two of them, one on drums and the other on everything else, and the guy is just in perpetual motion throughout the gig - playing a bit of keyboard, then a bit of guitar, looping it, adding a bit of banjo. Add to that the collages of old TV and it's a feast for the senses.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

fancy dan wrote:If you get a chance to see Public Service Broadcasting live, don't miss it - one of the best gigs I've seen in ages. There are only two of them, one on drums and the other on everything else, and the guy is just in perpetual motion throughout the gig - playing a bit of keyboard, then a bit of guitar, looping it, adding a bit of banjo. Add to that the collages of old TV and it's a feast for the senses.

Funnily enough, they come to Liverpool next month. That track has had the occasional plays on 6music and each time it has stopped me in my tracks (I've listened to the EP and enjoyed it). The last time was during British Sea Power's takeover on 6music's @Nowplaying show yesterday - Went and checked out their profile on last.fm and spotted their dates, so I am now officially 'interested' in that gig.

EDIT - I should add that they're about to undertake another run of gigs up and down the land: http://www.gigsandfestivals.co.uk/news/ ... s-in-sound" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I heard and loved a Public Service Broadcasting track on 6music a few months back but they didn't say what it was called - meant to investigate further at the time.

I don't usually bother listening to music on the lo-fi insult that is Youtube but I will check out the clip above some time to see if it was that track. Any free downloads out there???

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

murf wrote:I heard and loved a Public Service Broadcasting track on 6music a few months back but they didn't say what it was called - meant to investigate further at the time.

I don't usually bother listening to music on the lo-fi insult that is Youtube but I will check out the clip above some time to see if it was that track. Any free downloads out there???

If you can bring yourself to stay on youtube a bit longer, search their track 'New Dimensions In Sound'. They've made that available for free as it didn't make the cut for their upcoming album. There should be a link in the description.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

moonlightdribbler wrote:search their track 'New Dimensions In Sound'. They've made that available for free as it didn't make the cut for their upcoming album. There should be a link in the description.
Ta. Indeed it is.

http://soundcloud.com/psbhq/public-serv ... dcasting-6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

does indeed sound a little like BSP (who I think are brilliant - and I need to get the new album!)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

murf wrote:I heard and loved a Public Service Broadcasting track on 6music a few months back but they didn't say what it was called - meant to investigate further at the time.
It was Signal 30 (not Spitfire):

https://soundcloud.com/#psbhq/signal-30-public-service" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

moonlightdribbler wrote: EDIT - I should add that they're about to undertake another run of gigs up and down the land: http://www.gigsandfestivals.co.uk/news/ ... s-in-sound" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gutted… didnt realise (or look tbh) that they were touring.

Cant make the Manchester or Liverpool dates in May. They were on in Bolton and Preston in March (both close to me) :evil:

Pretty sure they were one of the bands I'd spotted that were on at Latitude. Theyre also on at the Green Man Festival (neither of which I can attend).

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Downloaded "The War Room" EP. Definitely "my new favourite band". This week anyway....

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Zimmerman wrote:Gutted… didnt realise (or look tbh) that they were touring.

Cant make the Manchester or Liverpool dates in May. They were on in Bolton and Preston in March (both close to me) :evil:

Pretty sure they were one of the bands I'd spotted that were on at Latitude. Theyre also on at the Green Man Festival (neither of which I can attend).

It was only after my intial posts on PSB that I spotted you picked out The War Room EP (seconded by Drb) on the album of the year thread back in August '12, so fair play. Only wish I'd taken a bit more notice of them sooner....

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

my description probably didnt whet the appetite :D

"Not sure how best to describe it.... Like a love child of Unkle and Moby. Quite easy listening, largely instrumental (with samples)".

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I am LOVING this track at the moment. Very Thom Yorke solo-esque

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Heard the very back end of this track on t'radio the other day and had to find out who it was. A pleasant surprise to find out it was the new one from Still Corners. They had a very likeable album out in 2011 (Creatures Of An Hour), and their new one, Strange Pleasures, is released on 7th May and is currently streaming all over the place. Ones to watch!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I'll get in early:

Next week I will mostly be listening to...

The new Public Service Broadcasting album (released on Monday)

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Dark Dark Dark… I think I found a reference to them from 2011 from Fancy Dan? Ive never heard them until recently. Really enjoying.

Gaz Coombes (from Supergrass). I dont have his solo album from last year, but liked the couple of tracks i heard. Also really enjoying this… dont think this was off last years album? so maybe another in the offing.

iamamiwhoami One of my favourites at the moment. Her voice is similar to someone, but cant place it. Any ideas?

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Eagerly anticipating the release of the new album from The Electric Soft Parade, their 1st long player for 6 years. Liked their 'comeback' single (Brother, You Must Walk Your Path Alone), but this is the 2nd single to be taken from the new album. Love at first listen. And the 100th.

Album out on 17th June.

paisleypark
Grumpy Old Man

Post by paisleypark »

I am listening to Tom Odell and Lil Night Terrors.

One signed and the other looking for a deal.

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

The new Miles Kane album is very good. Some cracking tracks. The guy deserves some success. For those of you reared on Brit poppy stuff, the Beatles etc, then this should float your boat 8-)

Better than the Beady Eye one. The BE album contains some very good tracks but still isn't early Oasis standard. Still, it's better than the debut. Beaten to number one spot by Ozzy & Co. Whilst not my cuppa, pleased for them, especially Tony Iommi in his battle against cancer. I've heard the album is very good and it's pleasing to see a Brummie act at number 1.

BE were on The Voice last week. Hmmm, sounds a bit desperate to me. Liam would never have done that in Oasis's heyday. Expect an Oasis reunion around 2015.

Editors have a new album out. Last one was very synth heavy. Looking forward to this one, which I think is album number four.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Zimmerman wrote:
moonlightdribbler wrote: EDIT - I should add that they're about to undertake another run of gigs up and down the land: http://www.gigsandfestivals.co.uk/news/ ... s-in-sound" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gutted… didnt realise (or look tbh) that they were touring.

Can you make any of these? :D

They like to get out and about don't they!?

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

I've been looking forward to the release of Younghusband's debut album for yonks (not a word i use often). They've had a fair bit of airplay via Marc Riley's 6Music show (including a great live session a while back), but I've had to make do with the odd track/single via spotify for as long as I can remember. A couple of tracks I like (only the 1st is on the upcoming album):

The album 'Dromes is (finally) released on 16th September.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Cheers for the PSB dates.

Manchester or Liverpool our likely chiices. Not ideal on a week night but might just book tickets and worry about it nearer the time.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

moonlightdribbler wrote: They like to get out and about don't they!?
Not half. Next weekend (7th) they're playing two gigs!! Greedy barstewards.

Autumn tour don't appear to be on sale yet.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

What do we think of Theme Park, as in the band not outdoor attractions?

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

So, since Yuck's impressive 2011 debut album, they've been back in the recording studio WITHOUT their lead singer/guitarist, who has decided to concentrate on his solo stuff. New album now recorded, with guitarist Max Bloom taking over lead vocals, and here's a new track.

The track is a free download at http://www.yuckband.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

This has been around for a few weeks now but I've only just discovered it - also like the "Wigan Pier" style video 8-)

Really like this too, nice end of evening chill out song :-

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itt0rALeHE8

St.Vincent Annie Clark is cool

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Music”