To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

IAN BROWN “First world problems”

A forum for discussion on Music topics whatever your taste.
MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Anyone else heard it yet? Seems to have split opinion a bit; some say it’s very basic, not particularly original, too long at 6 mins, not as good as F.E.A.R, Stellify, Always remember me etc. Others love it🤗. A lot of understandable comparisons with loaded, sympathy for the devil, black grapes submarine etc but I love all 3 songs so I’m fine with it.

I personally think it’s a great tune; it’s a bit funky, it puts me in a good mood listening to it as it’s upbeat, I love the 6 minute version (there is a shorter radio version) as I’m loving the guitar riffs in final couple of minutes. Basically I’ve been playing it to death and it sounds better with every listen 😎

Would put a link for the YT video for the song but I don’t know how to🤷🏽‍♂️

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

It’s appalling but I didn’t expect anything else from a man/band that peaked thirty years ago. Image

Personally, I’m really looking forward to the new The Good, the Bad and the Queen album on 16th November.

The new single is superb.

https://youtu.be/6p1mq19htTc

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: IAN BROWN “First world problems”

Post by blahblah »

MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 11:47 Would put a link for the YT video for the song but I don’t know how to🤷🏽‍♂️

Mockney Damien was on Jools, so there are a few new songs on I-player.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Damon.

Essex boy, isn’t he?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

'N Colchester ain't nowhere near Lndn. :wink:

Rather strangely the home of John Cooper Clarke, though. But maybe not as strange as him and Nico and what they got upto.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

blahblah wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 12:11
MADCHESTER UTD wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 11:47 Would put a link for the YT video for the song but I don’t know how to🤷🏽‍♂️

Mockney Damien was on Jools, so there are a few new songs on I-player.
Cheers for putting link up👍🙂

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Awesome bike

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Maldini wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 12:02 It’s appalling but I didn’t expect anything else from a man/band that peaked thirty years ago. Image

Personally, I’m really looking forward to the new The Good, the Bad and the Queen album on 16th November.

The new single is superb.

https://youtu.be/6p1mq19htTc
Just played it. Not my cup of tea these kind of songs; reminds me of when Bowie did “blackstar” :? . Some love it saying it’s “genius” but I just find it pretentious drivel. But I do love the classic Bowie hits and Damon is a talented guy so not knocking them as artists.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

blahblah wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 12:18 'N Colchester ain't nowhere near Lndn. :wink:

Rather strangely the home of John Cooper Clarke, though. But maybe not as strange as him and Nico and what they got upto.
It'll all going on in Col.... (just for the record, I've never crossed paths with his daughter).

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I read yesterday that scottish hero Robert The Bruce was born in Essex, not a million miles from Damon, JCC and Co(l) (well, near Chelmsford, in Writtle but still miles form Scotland).

Anyways, not bothered with new Ian Brown music. If I want to hear from him I'll chuck on The Stone Roses CD. Would enjoy that for the 1000th time far more than any of his solo stuff, new or old.

Didn't realise tB+tB&tQ were around again til I noticed they were on Jools this week, didn't particularly like their earlier stuff but I'll watch them on Jools in due course just to see. Damon is at his best in (early) Gorillaz IMO.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Brown's single is OK, a bit of a grower, maybe, albeit lengthy.

Damon Albarn's voice just sounds so flat in that record and you could argue that his best stuff is way back in the past. I'd rather like to picture Paul Simonon about to smash his guitar to smithereens, than contribute to something like this.

Either way, both records of importance probably to people over 40.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Music”