To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DraftKings - Free £40,000 Fantasy EPL Contest

Daily Fantasy Sports from DraftKings UK.
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

DraftKings - Free £40,000 Fantasy EPL Contest

Post by admin »

DraftKings want to start the new (and their first) season with a bang.

All UK players that register a new account on DraftKings and opt in to receive emails will get FREE entry into their Premier League Kick Off Special contest. Players only need to register an account to claim – no deposit required.

To add value to this generous promotion, they have also created one of our biggest Premier League contests to date (to which the above free entry applies). UK football fans have the chance to win a share of a whopping £40,000 ($55,000).

More details: This season DraftKings, the official fantasy sports partner for Liverpool FC and Arsenal FC, are giving Premier League fans free entry+ into their opening weekend contest:

To claim, simply

1. Register a DraftKings account (opting in to receive email communications)
2. Open the email sent to the email address you registered with (this will be received within 24 hours)
3. Click the included link to receive FREE ENTRY into the £40,000 Premier League fantasy football contest.

Players can then enter the main Premier league contest for the weekend by picking their ultimate fantasy team, within the salary cap, from the available players in those fixtures. The first contest will be the EPL Kick-off Special offering a £40,000* prize pool; usually this would cost £3* to enter but DraftKings are offering free entry to this contest.

+Free registration given to UK players only.
*Values converted from $

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: DraftKings - Free £40,000 Fantasy EPL Contest

Post by Striker »

Is the £40,000 pool for a season long game, or is it just another of their 10 second games only involving the first set of fixtures and little strategy?

I've always played FF primarily for enjoyment of the game but given that there are (or at least we're) several alternatives, it always made sense to focus on a game that gave an opportunity to win a decent amount of cash. That's why I'm always baffled by those who focus on FPL with its "football shirt" type prizes.

But it seems to me that, as I understand it, Draft Kings have gone too far the other way. Daily prize games seem to offer little in the way of a challenge, just picking the best team of a single set of games where luck has no time to even out, so presumably the main attraction is the cash prizes. Doesn't seem any more interesting than straightforward betting on a weekend's games. I hope that someone is able to correct me and thereby interest me in visiting the Draft Kings site,

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

The free contest is just the first weekend of matches.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

First post states ( no deposit required )

When registered....as you can see it says ( as our newest customer WITH YOUR FIRST DEPOSIT you will recieve free entry ) :roll:
Screenshot_2016-08-05-12-42-32.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

I queried the above with DraftKings and the reply was:

'Users get free entry credited within 24 hours. They must opt in to emails to receive the bonus as it will be sent via email.

They also get a free entry with their first deposit.'

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

admin wrote:I queried the above with DraftKings and the reply was:

'Users get free entry credited within 24 hours. They must opt in to emails to receive the bonus as it will be sent via email.

I did opt in to e mails, I'll let you know if I receive anything via e mail . Have not as yet.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leethomas »

Received an e mail, no free entry or bet, just directs you to deposit!! Obviously definitely opted into e mails, as they've sent me one but still saying deposit before free entry/bet. If anyone gets the free entry can they let me know!!

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Edit
Last edited by CBN on 08 Aug 2016, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man

Post by leethomas »

Yep, it took two days but you do get one free entry into game. :D

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

An interesting article (from the states) on this topic;

http://nautil.us/issue/39/sport/are-fan ... pockethits

... and I think this is the most interesting paragraph;

"According to a study by poker strategist Ed Miller and Daniel Singer, leader in Media and Entertainment Practice with McKinsey & Company, most people who play on DraftKings and FanDuel are lambs being brought to slaughter. In a sample of contests from the first half of the 2015 Major League Baseball season, just 1.3 percent of daily fantasy players won 91 percent of the winnings."
'
As discussed elsewhere a year or two ago, draftkings and fanduel operate successfully in a market which doesn't have other legal betting opportunities. In the UK, we can bet on what we like already, I just can't see that there will be a huge demand for DFS. And certainly not from punters who are aware of the recent history of (the equivalent of) insider trading in the american DFS markets. No sir, I don't like it.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

I don't bother with this or mondogoal anymore you have a few people who enter hundreds and hundreds of teams it's almost impossible to compete

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Agree. Can see why this works in the States but don't know why anyone would play it here.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

I had a few good results in the early days with about ten teams but it's just depressing when you see the same names and they even enter 10 teams exactly the same. It's a total swerve for me unless they limit it to one team per game.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Worst thing is I have £24 in my account but you can only withdraw if you have £25 or more so that's pissed me off too

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

leethomas wrote:

Yep, it took two days but you do get one free entry into game. :D
It's naughty though isn't it. They are basically just praying on people depositing in that 48 hours. I'm steering clear.

Draftkings-Paul

Post by Draftkings-Paul »

I'm not going to be checking this forum frequently but i wanted to step in and provide some more insight into DraftKings and this campaign. We are not and have no intention to run any 'dodgy practices' but instead endeavor to offer a product that adds engagement to the sports you already enjoy and provide an opportunity to win cash and prizes in the process.

To take advantage of this offer first register for a DraftKings account and remember to OPT-IN to receive emails from DK. Open the email that is sent to the account you registered with - You will receive this within 24 hours of registering. In that email there will be a Free Entry into the £40,000 Kickoff Special Premier League fantasy football contest. You are still eligible for our deposit bonus (100% up to £400 and $3 free ticket to a paid contest) if you choose to deposit, but this is NOT a requirement to get your free entry in the contest this weekend.

The £40,000 Kickoff Special contest starts at 3pm on Saturday, 13 August and covers six fixtures:
Burnley v Swansea (3pm)
Crystal Palace v West Brom (3pm)
Everton v Tottenham (3pm)
Middlesbrough v Stoke (3pm)
Southampton v Watford (3pm)
Man City v Sunderland (5:30pm)

Pick an eight-man line-up from the player pool that is made up of one goalie, two defenders, two midfielders, two forwards and a utility player (another outfield player). Line-up must come in under $50,000 and you can change all eight players right up until a couple of minutes before 3pm. Any players in your line-up taking part in the late game will not be locked in and can be changed until just before the 5:30pm kick-off.

Players score points in a vast range of categories related to their performance on the pitch. Detailed scoring rules can be found here (https://www.draftkings.co.uk/help/fot).

There is plenty of strategy that goes into picking a winning line-up and DraftKingsFC.com is the home for this content. You will find everything from specific Strategy (link: https://draftkingsfc.com/strategy/) content to articles containing player picks for a certain slate of games.

We have contests that are for all skill levels - our beginner contests exclude users that have played many times before and so you can compete with users as new as you are. Another, and popular option, is to use DraftKings to set up private contests and challenge your peers in a smaller group.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Thanks Paul, will sign-up and see what's what.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Striker wrote:Is the £40,000 pool for a season long game, or is it just another of their 10 second games only involving the first set of fixtures and little strategy?

I've always played FF primarily for enjoyment of the game but given that there are (or at least we're) several alternatives, it always made sense to focus on a game that gave an opportunity to win a decent amount of cash. That's why I'm always baffled by those who focus on FPL with its "football shirt" type prizes.

But it seems to me that, as I understand it, Draft Kings have gone too far the other way. Daily prize games seem to offer little in the way of a challenge, just picking the best team of a single set of games where luck has no time to even out, so presumably the main attraction is the cash prizes. Doesn't seem any more interesting than straightforward betting on a weekend's games. I hope that someone is able to correct me and thereby interest me in visiting the Draft Kings site,
I just wanted to comment on the bolded. In any single gameweek, yes of course luck will have a huge say in whether you win or lose money. But if you were to play every week for a whole season, wouldn't you expect to make a net profit over the course of a full season if you were more skilled than the opposition (by a wide enough margin to overcome the fees charged by the site)? Whether or not that's enough for you to want to play I guess does depend on your motivation - if you play mostly for enjoyment as you say it probably isn't.

There is a skill, it's just a different skill. Games like FPL reward forward planning and discipline over the course of a season. Daily fantasy sites like DK reward those who are willing to put in the time researching the more obscure statistics which players score points for.

All of that said, I only play for small money now having initially taken it quite seriously when daily fantasy first launched. The standard of play is high, not helped by the fact that the best players can easily multi-enter a huge number of events (it takes no time for somebody playing the $1k games to enter all of the $1 games with the same team, for example). I would be surprised if there are any long term winners on DK who don't put hours into researching statistics and building projection models, which probably isn't what most FPL players and football fans want to do.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Draft-Kings Paul .. You would get a lot more players if you did what the Sun game are doing ..provide a season league in addition to the weeklies, into which your best weekly score is entered accumulatively. Unfortunately the Sun don't seem to be offering any prizes for it's season league .. the door is wide open for you there. UK players are used to playing a season competition. You may be surprised the difference this would make to your turnover.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Yes I agree with the above. This forum is full of mostly UK-based fantasy football enthusiasts, yet very few seem interested in the current daily fantasy offerings.

Even if season long games wouldn't generate much revenue for DK, it would be a good way to get UK players on board with their product, and they could start trying to convert players to their daily games at that point. At the moment the format just doesn't seem to be capturing the imagination of season long players, and I think it's something that needs to be addressed if daily fantasy is going to take off in the UK.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Another view, posted yesterday in totally gaming;

http://totallygaming.com/news/online/1o ... -detriment

payetme
FISOhead
FS Record: 4-1

Post by payetme »

CBN wrote:Thanks Paul, will sign-up and see what's what.
use my referral link when you sign up so you can receive a free $50 draftking dollars to play with

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

The £40,000 DraftKings Kickoff Special contest starts at 3pm today and covers six fixtures:

Burnley v Swansea (3pm)
Crystal Palace v West Brom (3pm)
Everton v Tottenham (3pm)
Middlesbrough v Stoke (3pm)
Southampton v Watford (3pm)
Man City v Sunderland (5:30pm)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “DraftKings UK”