To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

XP service pack 3

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

XP service pack 3

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

whilst looking at vista downloads I noticed that service pack 3 is out (or nearly out) I had a quick look at what it is and it seems to be all the small upadtes since sp2.. so does that mean if i have been updating the files regularly I wont need it? or is there other stuff that i havent noticed?

has anyone downloaded it?

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

That's an error on the Microsoft page; SP3 for XP has not been released yet. It will be released sometime before July according to this.

SP3 will contain a mixture of security updates (most of which you will already have) and functionality updates (some of which you will already have). It's always worth giving it a couple of weeks after a Service Pack is released to let everyone else find the problems with it and let MS fix them. Assuming no major problems still exist, you should definitely install it after that.

This link is useful if you want to know the latest on SP3 at any time.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

nash0819 wrote:That's an error on the Microsoft page; SP3 for XP has not been released yet. It will be released sometime before July according to this.

SP3 will contain a mixture of security updates (most of which you will already have) and functionality updates (some of which you will already have). It's always worth giving it a couple of weeks after a Service Pack is released to let everyone else find the problems with it and let MS fix them. Assuming no major problems still exist, you should definitely install it after that.

This link is useful if you want to know the latest on SP3 at any time.

cheers mate, ill keep my eyes out for it!

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

I have just got one of those yellow shields with the exclamation marks on it asking me to download service pack 3?

Is it out early then?

Not sure whether to download it or not?

Marquee_Mark
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - not in the top 10

Post by Marquee_Mark »

All of my updates are automatic - so I couldn't tell ya jeffers.

Go to the microsoft site & grab all available updates from there - if SP3 is one of em, your triangle should disappear shortly

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight
FS Record: 2008 AFL Dreamteam & Supercoach Double Winner..

Post by Wayward Lad »

jeffersdn wrote:I have just got one of those yellow shields with the exclamation marks on it asking me to download service pack 3?

Is it out early then?

Not sure whether to download it or not?
.Net Framework 3 is available for download but pretty sure SP3 isnt yet....

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

I will take a look at their website, but this is the one that keeps coming up:

Office XP Service Pack 3

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight

Post by Wayward Lad »

jeffersdn wrote:I will take a look at their website, but this is the one that keeps coming up:

Office XP Service Pack 3
Office not the OS...

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

ianovich wrote:
jeffersdn wrote:I will take a look at their website, but this is the one that keeps coming up:

Office XP Service Pack 3
Office not the OS...
I assume you mean operating system?

Thats all the download says, so I assume its something different then?

orochiheat
Treebeard

Post by orochiheat »

Yes. Office is Microsoft Office (Word etc.) and XP SP3 usually refers to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (i.e. the operating system).

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

orochiheat wrote:Yes. Office is Microsoft Office (Word etc.) and XP SP3 usually refers to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (i.e. the operating system).
Yes and 'XP' was also a release of Office (i.e. 'Office XP' like 'Office 2003' or 'Office 2007'
It looks like you have 'Office XP' installed, Microsoft update has detected this and is informing you of an available update for it (SP3), whether or not you should install the update really depends on how authentic your office insallation is :wink:

jeffersdn
Grumpy Old Pig

Post by jeffersdn »

sorbiegunner wrote:
orochiheat wrote:Yes. Office is Microsoft Office (Word etc.) and XP SP3 usually refers to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (i.e. the operating system).
Yes and 'XP' was also a release of Office (i.e. 'Office XP' like 'Office 2003' or 'Office 2007'
It looks like you have 'Office XP' installed, Microsoft update has detected this and is informing you of an available update for it (SP3), whether or not you should install the update really depends on how authentic your office insallation is :wink:
Oh my, perhaps I should leave this one then! :shock:

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight

Post by Wayward Lad »

jeffersdn wrote:
sorbiegunner wrote:
Oh my, perhaps I should leave this one then! :shock:
:lol: :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”