To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sites blocked at work

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Sites blocked at work

Post by morganb »

As you are aware, some companies put web site filters in place to stop their workers accessing certain sites from company machines. I noticed a post on SP4's game regarding this issue.

Recently FISO has been added to this blocked list in my office, as has TFF (but not FPL!) I used to be able to use a different browser to gain access but all routes are now stopped.

Are there any workarounds to allow you to get to blocked sites, other than accessing them via your mobile? Is it safe to put this information on this forum or will companies simply take away any loopholes?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Sites blocked at work

Post by Zimmerman »

There used to be some proxy websites that enabled you to access it... but I’ve not needed to use one for many years so not sure if such a thing still exists

Obviously your work has blocked it for a reason though, so bypassing it could mean a disciplinary?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

The same has happened with me, it’s seems to be due to FISO now being classified as a gambling website.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Is it not just a case of asking those in the know at your relevant work place to "allow" fiso an ok website.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Aye, if you’re going to get sacked take somebody down with you. :lol:

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

The blocking window does say I can request the site to be unblocked if I have a valid business reason. Perhaps someone on here can propose a convincing reason I can give to have a Fantasy Football Forum flagged as a business site?

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Depends on the nature of your company and how big it is - but there are several non-football related forums, and for example I recalled using the tech section for this, which have just resuscitated ..viewtopic.php?f=35&t=82634&start=30
First thoughts though would be chances of advertising for potential clients, if appropriate.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”