To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Accessing microsoft account

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
mephisto
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The end is where we start from

Accessing microsoft account

Post by mephisto »

Would be very grateful if any techies could provide any solutions...
When I bought a lumia (microsoft) phone 18 months ago I used an existing email account....fsmail.net from orange.
This went defunct a while ago. Now when I try to add an app to my phone for work purposes Im taken to the old email address and password on my phone
which I no longer can remember.
When contacting microsoft to try and change the email account and password, they keep saying I am not supplying enough security info.
When I try to reset to factory settings, the password is still needed.
Can anyone suggest how I can use my phone or bypass this sign in if I want to download an app?
any advice would help, many thaks Randal

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Re: Accessing microsoft account

Post by morganb »

Just had a quick Google and the following sounds similar to your issue :

http://visihow.com/I_forgot_my_password ... ok_account

I would imagine you can use your phone number (rather than the email address) to receive the security code then reset the password. Once in the account you might be able to update your email address.

mephisto
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mephisto »

the phone number with that original email address is also old. Basically they keep directing me via hotmail account and then give a security code. but this is for an existing email since it is impossible to access fsmail.net. So Im in some crazy loop. At account live reset password microsoft can only deal with an email address which I now use but that is not on my phone. The security code goes onto a series of questions that relates to info I could only access if I could get into the old email address. Confusing to say the least.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

If you have already reset microsoft password and can access your account on other devices then you can try to remove your old email address from your settings or remove the app from your old phone(or just clear data may work) and reinstall it.
You may even get the password if you have an old PC or laptop that you used your account on.
Microsoft still list an old email address that I don't have any more even though I have removed it and added the new one.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

mephisto
Grumpy Old Man

Post by mephisto »

thank you for your info
but I feel like an old miner trying to chip away at an exhausted seam with just enough candle power to catch a cave spider on the prowl. The canary at my side is dead.
Being so techie traumatized is just naff. Ive tried that link several times and they trundle back with the same forehand smash...not enough security info...game, set and matches

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”