To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Microsoft Access - Forms

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Microsoft Access - Forms

Post by Ralfbergs »

Even though I have hugely improved my knowledge about Microsoft Access, I am still confused when it comes to making new forms, that is why I decided to ask here, maybe my fellow FISOers can help out (the problem, I think, isn't that hard):

So the basic idea for what I want:

I have one table with 3 columns - PERIOD; CODE; PRICE.

What I want is to make a form where I could:
1) Select a period from a dropdown list based on what periods are in the table
2) After 1), select a code from a dropdown list based on what periods are in the table
3) Now that I have chosen both a period and code (lets say, 2016_01 and 01) it would show a price next to it in another textbox or whatever
4) Just like in 1-3 I would like another period and code underneath which would show value for what I chosen.
5) And the last and main thing - there should be another textbox or whatever, which would show price in second period that I have chosen divided by price in first period (or other way round).

I think it sounds easy, but I have no clue how to make it and it is hard to find it in google as many things I don't need show up.

So the basic idea would be to get an index, which would show how have prices changed in those two periods for particular code.

Of course, if it turns out that this is quite hard to do, then don't bother :)

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Re: Microsoft Access - Forms

Post by Ralfbergs »

Soo, nobody knows this then? :lol:

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Best to give it a few days. I think there is a small number of Access users here but depends when they visit.

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

I've been able to do similar in excel but not really used access that much.

Is the following helpful at all? http://www.blueclaw-db.com/comboboxlist ... n_list.htm

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Rob wrote:I've been able to do similar in excel but not really used access that much.

Is the following helpful at all? http://www.blueclaw-db.com/comboboxlist ... n_list.htm
I think this only helps for the dropdown list part but not the calculation part (and it isn't really exactly how I wanted it, at least in the example). Thanks anyway, I guess this is quite complicated, just wanted to make some of my regular work routines a bit more effective :lol:

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

Is it in access due to the amount of data or some other reason?

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Post by Ralfbergs »

Rob wrote:Is it in access due to the amount of data or some other reason?
Amount of data mainly I think and partly because it just is historically like that. It is planned that we won't use Access in the future, but as our IT department is quite slow with building our own, proper database, it looks like it won't be in near future.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”