To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Music apps for Win10

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Music apps for Win10

Post by Vid »

Looking for a decent (free) app that can help tidy up/ organise the music library on a PC. Currently I have 3 hard drives in the PC, each being the main drive at some point over the past however many years so at least one music folder on each along with music folders dragged off older hard drives previously.

Networked with MrsVid's PC so the library also picks up whatever it finds on hers. She does have this nasty habit though of not ripping a complete CD and even worse not making sure that whatever she rips is correctly titled, this has resulted in multiple gaps, album titles that are wrong and loads of tracks incorrectly titled on both machines, oh and rather than rip as mp3 there is a mix of at least 3 different formats, some albums/ tracks in multiple formats.

It's a complete mess!!!!

I don't fancy the idea of starting all over again trying to rerip hundreds of CDs done over the last 8 years or longer, some of which we may no longer have.

Any software out there that could help?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Music apps for Win10

Post by Zimmerman »

definitely recommend starting again. next time find one that respects her music and sorts it accordingly.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Zimmerman wrote:definitely recommend starting again. next time find one that respects her music and sorts it accordingly.
Any ideas for a phone thing to sort it out so it plays albums in the right order?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I just have two pc's. One is my main pc and one the other is ancient and a mess and full of music and has Nero Express, it's just used for ripping and burning cd's and compiling lists for mp3 players.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Have a look at MediaMonkey

AMc
Grumpy Old Iggy

Post by AMc »

Last edited by AMc on 04 Mar 2018, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

Vid wrote:
Any software out there that could help?
Have tried loads not found 1 that will do what I want ie put them in an order thats logical, only add those tracks I want added and not add multi versions, allow me to edit names etc. Have given up just to frustrating, now mostly play via spotify.
If a music player does come along that lets user decide not software would love to know about it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”