To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Powerline network adapters

A forum for discussion on Science and Information Technology matters and queries (including PCs, the Internet, TVs, Mobile Phones, Ipods and other gadgets).
First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Powerline network adapters

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Anyone clued up on these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product ... er_reviews

Having seriously bad wifi connection on PS4 lately and I've read these are a simple fix, basically to mimic a wired Ethernet connection?

By seriously bad I mean an unplayable 30kpbs download speed!

hornet
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Powerline network adapters

Post by hornet »

I bought some of these for my mums house in order to hardline internet connection from router to sky box located on the other side of the room.

Works fine.

Very simple; just plug one in near router and connect with Ethernet and plug the other one near to your PS4 and connect with another Ethernet.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

hornet wrote:I bought some of these for my mums house in order to hardline internet connection from router to sky box located on the other side of the room.

Works fine.

Very simple; just plug one in near router and connect with Ethernet and plug the other one near to your PS4 and connect with another Ethernet.
Thanks.

Noticeable improvement in connection I presume?

hornet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hornet »

The Toon Man wrote:
hornet wrote:I bought some of these for my mums house in order to hardline internet connection from router to sky box located on the other side of the room.

Works fine.

Thanks.

Noticeable improvement in connection I presume?
I wasn't done to improve a connection, more that the sky box is not wireless. Although I believe that any wired connection will improve over a wireless one.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

These have always worked well for me. They say how well it works, or if it works at all, will depend upon the wiring in your house. So you won't really know until you try.

Also, many of them state they can't be used with power strips / extension lead. But I have not found this to be the case. My BT ones worked fine in that set up, despite what the BT manual said.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man

eastcentral1 wrote:These have always worked well for me. They say how well it works, or if it works at all, will depend upon the wiring in your house. So you won't really know until you try.

Also, many of them state they can't be used with power strips / extension lead. But I have not found this to be the case. My BT ones worked fine in that set up, despite what the BT manual said.
Worked perfectly for me also. a 0.3MBps download speed boosted to 14MBps.

Would recommend for sure.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Science, Computers & Technology (e.g. PCs, Web, TVs, Mobiles, Ipods, Gadgets)”