To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 6 (Make or break for the Athletico, Juve and United blocks)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Re: Week 6 (Make or break for the Athletico, Juve and United blocks)

Post by RickyRosa »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
BLOCKHEAD wrote:
Backlash wrote:
BLOCKHEAD wrote:United got this comp sewn up now
Lyon going through makes that a lot harder.
Utd can't keep a clean one so I doubt their blocks will be top end.
Hopefully United draw Lyon so I can completely abandon their backline and go Celta - Ricky has finally won me over to his way of thinking :wink: :D
Wouldn't surprise me if there were goals in every Europa game left, clean sheets are with Juve/A Madrid most likely, think you've missed the boat this year bud :(

Good luck nevertheless.
Think i too may have missed the last boat.

Still have one trick up my sleeve though....

Long shot but hey, you know me....

Full of ____ hey Ex....

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Still have one trick up my sleeve though....

I would assume it's the same trick we're all looking at, with only 8 options and 5-6 already dominated in the leaderboard, it doesn't leave much to play with, I'd hazard a guess it's Ajax backline ( don't answer me I'm right :wink: )

Changing subject a little to just involve the FISO league, I've got 2-3 transfers in a few teams, I've dropped that far behind that there near enough irrelevant, all I can do is copy the above, even a change to Ajax/Monaco or Lyon with such few games left it won't be enough, especially with people above having transfers in there pocket too,

I could build a semi block and try and pick off the big hitters each game.....there still covered mainly,

The Juventus blocks smashed it absolutely smashed it, I wish whoever is involved in the main game the best of luck,Lee Ricky Blockhead etc, a life changing amount of money to me, roll on next year to the Ricky rosa's Europe game 2017/2018 :D :D :D

But for me.....on this occasion.....I'm OUT !!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I agree with your synopsis Ex, options really are limited with the majority of bases covered.

Though, I got a plan and contrary to your above theory it doesn't involve Ajax.

Though, it is a long shot admittedly.

Your of course all invited to the show next year but with that said though I'm still in it to win it and about to go all in.

Could be one hell of an encore.

There's a Tsunami coming, Juve and Man U blocks think they are safe on higher ground, truth is there really still on the beach cause this mothers not stopping!

Get off the beach!!!!
Last edited by RickyRosa on 01 May 2017, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

RickyRosa wrote:I agree with your synopsis Ex, options really are limited with the majority of bases covered.

Your of course all invited to the show next year but with that said though I'm still in it to win it and about to go all in.

There's a Tsunami coming, Juve and Man U blocks think they are safe on higher ground, truth is there really still on the beach cause this mothers not stopping!

Get off the beach!!!!

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

RickyRosa wrote:
RickyRosa wrote:I agree with your synopsis Ex, options really are limited with the majority of bases covered.

Can't see any United blocks doing anything, our defence is gone. Valencia has had a great season at right back. Carrick & Blind playing as central defenders. Darmian at left back. People mainly have Bailly, Rojo, Shaw, Smalling. Even if the reds manage to keep a clean sheet only three will score the five point bonus as others are classed as midfielders.
A United big defeat has been on the cards for months now, probably long overdue we have had some luck! The defence is now not fractured but a really bad break. I can see a 5 2 defeat to Celta and a 4 2 win at home going out 7 6 on aggregate. I believe with these injuries May will become a Bridge To Far!

Come on Manchester United-prove me wrong,

Get off the beach!!!!

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Get off the beach!!!!
I look forward to you dissecting your plan in the coming weeks, successful or not bud.

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

He transferred nearly all his players to Real Madrid players.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

MrTomRipley wrote:He transferred nearly all his players to Real Madrid players.
Think it was a good move ,Madrid didn't look that impressive against Leicester last round and looking poor this game plus were the least used team around the top(athletico look poor I should say)

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

MrTomRipley wrote:He transferred nearly all his players to Real Madrid players.
That team was full of R Madrid in phase 3, just a few alterations been made, I'm expecting him to turn a hanky into a dove :P

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Made an absolute fortune on Ronaldo tonight - see you all next season :D

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

I'm done. Went without Ronaldo in my Juve blocks to try and make ground on those above me where he is heavily owned.

This tactic did not go well.

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

Post by mesmerised »

did anyone do something stupid like put in a Monaco or Celta Vigo defence?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I have....

Gone for a Monaco semi-block in my Athletic Athletico team...

Pretty academic at this point as the other half of the block is Athletico Madrid.

The irony is I suspected that my Athletico side of the block would hold up and my Monaco side was the risk! Funny how things work out....

Even more ironic is that I was rooting for Athletico pre game as they were my top team, though my strategy was the one i utilised last year of the play off strat...

Predicted the semi finalist in phase 3 and decided to play my two top teams off....

Not sure if I am just two far behind but haven't seen to many teams with as many Real players above me...

Could all be academic if Juve keep the CS tomz, however, along with my very own athletico team the Athletico teams look dead and buried at the mo....

Just need Fat Cow and Co to turn up tomz.....

VIVA Le MONACO!!!!

Get off the beach!!!!!!!

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MrTomRipley »

Would you not prefer to keep transfers to use them to get an extra fixture from Europa finalists > CL finalists?

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

MrTomRipley wrote:Would you not prefer to keep transfers to use them to get an extra fixture from Europa finalists > CL finalists?
Why don't you just state the obvious :P :P :P :mrgreen:

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MrTomRipley »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
MrTomRipley wrote:Would you not prefer to keep transfers to use them to get an extra fixture from Europa finalists > CL finalists?
Yeah but if you slam the whole lot into Real then you can't...

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
Ultimately, that could be undoing as my team is predominately CL now....with just 2 EL players....

I do have transfers left but predict using one of them next week to sub the injured Carvahal.

Besides, I really, literally can't afford anymore CL players which does in one respect nullify that strat as whilst I could sub out my two EL players I can't afford to bring in another CL player!

So, leads me to my next serious question....

Do you think, if you were me, there is merit in this.....

I have Wass for Celta who is a holding midfielder at 2.5m, I have 1m spare and am thinking of subbing him for a more attacking player like one of the Ajax strikers (but which one?) or for rashford.

This obv uses a valuable transfer and potentially half a Mill, though, I feel that the strikers will score more points over the two legs, plus, again, I create potentially an internal play off between mallo and rashford, knowing that one will get through to the final and giving me a guaranteed 10 finalist....

Or should I just sit tight....with two underdog players and just sub them should they fail to go through....preserving the transfers

Feel rashford could score points over the next 3 games (should Utd go through) and that the Ajax boys will also score points....

Got me thinking now with my team how I could best exploit the EL to CL angle....

Also, anyone know how the top two teams are showing minus available budgets?

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

It shows a minus because they have made a transfer but u can't see it until they play

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

I think honestly Ricky your getting a little bit excited with your team scoring monster points against a lot of teams yet to play, with still a massive gap to catch up too, I hope I'm wrong and it plays out and you do have a serious chance....

Your plans are awesome though with none of them working and you catching lucky on a outsider 8-),

Lee has eliminated a few more rivals with him also having Ronaldo, perfectly placed even without a Juve clean sheet,

The tactic of using the Europa players to Champs league final I think will be too much of a gap for them still to make, I don't think there are any high enough placed, and even so need to use transfers to fix the Man U wreck block, with such fine lines in the remaining games could somebody potentially snatch this with a switch from a Juve block to a Madrid block in the final :?:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

If the winner doesn't come from a team in the top 20 now I will be surprised

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

ronny10 wrote:If the winner doesn't come from a team in the top 20 now I will be surprised
Without a doubt Ronny, thanks for your input :P

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
ronny10 wrote:If the winner doesn't come from a team in the top 20 now I will be surprised
Without a doubt Ronny, thanks for your input :P
No problem, I like to provide little snippets of my opinions now and again :D

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

@ronny. Thanks - your post provided me with a bit of "schoolboy" amusement by mentally changing "opinions" to a few alternatives. :wink:

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:I think honestly Ricky your getting a little bit excited with your team scoring monster points against a lot of teams yet to play, with still a massive gap to catch up too, I hope I'm wrong and it plays out and you do have a serious chance....

Your plans are awesome though with none of them working and you catching lucky on a outsider 8-),

Lee has eliminated a few more rivals with him also having Ronaldo, perfectly placed even without a Juve clean sheet,

The tactic of using the Europa players to Champs league final I think will be too much of a gap for them still to make, I don't think there are any high enough placed, and even so need to use transfers to fix the Man U wreck block, with such fine lines in the remaining games could somebody potentially snatch this with a switch from a Juve block to a Madrid block in the final :?:
Bailly,Jones,Smalling & Pogba all train ahead of Thurs game.

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

Am I the only twit that didn't realise Ajax played today instead of Thursday and even worse an early kick off. :oops:

Had Lacazette in my leading team and plenty of Ajax coverage in other teams including Traore in several teams. Would surely had switched Lacazette seeing the line ups and stuck in Traore or Younes. :evil:

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

Not that I'm a contender though.

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MrTomRipley »

The Don wrote:Am I the only twit that didn't realise Ajax played today instead of Thursday and even worse an early kick off. :oops:

Had Lacazette in my leading team and plenty of Ajax coverage in other teams including Traore in several teams. Would surely had switched Lacazette seeing the line ups and stuck in Traore or Younes. :evil:
Think it caught many out.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Striker wrote:@ronny. Thanks - your post provided me with a bit of "schoolboy" amusement by mentally changing "opinions" to a few alternatives. :wink:
I'm happy my post provided u with something to challenge the brain :wink: :D

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Lee's just cleaning his helmet :lol: :lol: :lol: .....go on mate keep going and good luck.

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MrTomRipley »

I hate this eff game.

Good luck Lee.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”