To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Man Utd Pre-Mortem

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Re: Man Utd Pre-Mortem

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

CBN wrote:
BLOCKHEAD wrote:United block rested for Thursday 8-)

Who was worried about rotation? :D
Bailly omission odd given he cannot play Thursday but yeah Blind and Smalling now nailed for Thursday.
Moureen was livid with Bailly when he was sent off in Europa, many think his frustration was aimed at the officials, it wasn't it was a reaction to Bailly's stupid challenge !

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

The Europa League will now be prioritized 8-)

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

ronny10 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
RickyRosa wrote:I'm firmly in position 2 and counting on a Man U exit.

As you point out the Man U based teams will inevitably have made subs to ensure 11 playing during both games and will be left with depleted teams in phase 3
Why would you want Man U to go out ??? When your joint best team has 8 Man U players.
Yeah I don't see your thinking here Ricky, you are saying the smart move is to go away from united but how exactly are you doing that....

you have from what I can see you have the following make up of your best teams

132pts 8 Roma 3 united
130pts 8 united
130pts 6 Lyon 4 united
122pts 7 united (kane still in team)
113pts 6 schalke 2 united

now you want united to lose so effectively your 2 united blocks would be dead in the water if that happens because firstly you would expect a poor return in points because of that and also you would need phase 2 transfers and some of phase 3 to replace the united players.

this would leave you with the other 3 of which 2 are playing each other and both have a healthy united contingent so that would be another dead team.

so going into phase 3 you would have either a roma or lyon block and possibly a schalke block if they go through out of your current 5 best teams and united lose like you hope.

obviously you are talking of moving away from united so may well change 1 of your united blocks to someone else this phase but surely you keep one of them!

transfers are going to be crucial in this competition and suspect to a large majority transfers will be like gold dust at some point and you are talking about using them on teams that you have heavy usage of united in to try and gain a potential edge if united fail to get through.

you have 24 united players across 5 teams!!! what about suspensions, injuries or rotation, or one of the others players you have scattered across your teams gets knocked out. I just don't see you justification or perhaps being a poker player it just a big fat bluff!!!
You misunderstand me.

I'm saying going united is the wrong way to go if your bringing in players.

As you won't be able to catch the teams above you that are united based and that you will be better off going shalke for example.

It's twice as likely united will not win the Europa league than they will win it at this stage, it's a mathematical fact and thus if your not one of the top,top teams then you should imop deviate.

My current teams do as you point out have a healthy united contingent, the teams are doing ok and this is largely down to the success united had in phase 1.

My point is now is the time to start to deviate because as you point out if they go out and your so heavily reliant on them you will have a dead team.

My point is also if they go through you will in effect have a dead team.

Thus the need to move away from them.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

RickyRosa wrote:
ronny10 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:

As you point out the Man U based teams will inevitably have made subs to ensure 11 playing during both games and will be left with depleted teams in phase 3
Why would you want Man U to go out ??? When your joint best team has 8 Man U players.
Yeah I don't see your thinking here Ricky, you are saying the smart move is to go away from united but how exactly are you doing that....

132pts 8 Roma 3 united
130pts 8 united
130pts 6 Lyon 4 united

now you want united to lose so effectively your 2 united blocks would be dead in the water if that happens because firstly you would expect a poor return in points because of that and also you would need phase 2 transfers and some of phase 3 to replace the united players.

this would leave you with the other 3 of which 2 are playing each other and both have a healthy united contingent so that would be another dead team.

so going into phase 3 you would have either a roma or lyon block and possibly a schalke block if they go through out of your current 5 best teams and united lose like you hope.

obviously you are talking of moving away from united so may well change 1 of your united blocks to someone else this phase but surely you keep one of them!

transfers are going to be crucial in this competition and suspect to a large majority transfers will be like gold dust at some point and you are talking about using them on teams that you have heavy usage of united in to try and gain a potential edge if united fail to get through.

you have 24 united players across 5 teams!!! what about suspensions, injuries or rotation, or one of the others players you have scattered across your teams gets knocked out. I just don't see you justification or perhaps being a poker player it just a big fat bluff!!!
You misunderstand me.

As you won't be able to catch the teams above you that are united based and that you will be better off going shalke for example.

It's twice as likely united will not win the Europa league than they will win it at this stage, it's a mathematical fact and thus if your not one of the top,top teams then you should imop deviate.

My current teams do as you point out have a healthy united contingent, the teams are doing ok and this is largely down to the success united had in phase 1.

My point is now is the time to start to deviate because as you point out if they go out and your so heavily reliant on them you will have a dead team.

When do you plan on moving away from them ? Surely the same theory applies to your Roma block too ? It seems you're dead all round, Ricky ??

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Ant1 wrote:
RickyRosa wrote:
ronny10 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:

132pts 8 Roma 3 united
130pts 8 united
130pts 6 Lyon 4 united

You misunderstand me.

So you are basically just stating the obvious. Why didn't you just say that in the first place

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

I am all ready deviating.

My Roma team for example gained Roma players through phase 1 as opposed to adding united players. ( which I guess blows some of the haters "poker bluff" theory's out of the water).

The theory doesn't apply to the Roma, Lyon, shalke based teams etc as most people have united?

Certainly not dead all round, on the contrary, if United were to exit I very much am alive and kicking and will potentially be in a position to push on and go for the win.

Of course my strategy is reliant on a united exit, hence the reason and to give feedback to Ronnys post above I'm firmly in the position 2 camp, I have been saying this all along, you have just not been listening, further lots of you guys have been arguing to the contrary.

though sounds as if your coming round to my way of thinking?

Whether you deviate or not is up to you, I have simply been discussing strategy in a strategy thread (I started) which is much more than most have done, most have not even shared their basic strategys, though, some have been quick to share their insults.

Like i said before in the other thread, some people are here to discuss strat, others for banter.

I'm cool with what ever..

Afterall, Tigers don't care......

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

Ricky you try turn really basic stuff into some kind of complex thinking. I'm starting to feel sorry for you as you believe there is more to the game than there actually is.

pulpfiction
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in phase dream team europe, 3rd november manager of the month

Post by pulpfiction »

I may not be a tiger, but I do know the difference between there and their.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

superiorpinkham wrote:Ricky you try turn really basic stuff into some kind of complex thinking. I'm starting to feel sorry for you as you believe there is more to the game than there actually is.
It's like he thinks he's stumbled on something that none of us have ever done before.

I am pretty sure most of us are deveating one way or another in every team in every competition we are in if we are chasing.
Surely it's been an obvious part of fantasy football since day 1.

Is Ricky the first one to mention it or did it just seem to obvious to be worth meantioning

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

English is my 2nd language Pulp, apologies.

Maybe I do turn basic stuff into complex thinking.

Maybe it's not basic stuff, afterall, we're playing to win 50k.

Everyone says it's basic but then why do so many disagree, creating a debate or discussion to then turn round and say it's standard, basic stuff, why didn't you lot just say that two days ago as opposed to arguing to the contrary.

don't think many of you have a plan B.

All I have ever said is my plan A isn't going united, just don't feel they will be the path to success, often I have found with FF the favourite doesn't win, I just wanted to share that with you guys and talk about your strat.

What happened with Barca and Bayern last year just happened with Haye v Be.lew, if united go out most of you are screwed.

Anyways, dont feel sorry for me pal, i still believe I can win it.

However, I'm done posting about it, have fun chaps and good luck.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

RickyRosa wrote:Maybe it's not basic stuff, afterall, we're playing to win 50k.
Using that logic, one needs to be a f*cking genius to play the National Lottery successfully. :wink:

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

RickyRosa wrote:English is my 2nd language Pulp, apologies.

Maybe I do turn basic stuff into complex thinking.

Maybe it's not basic stuff, afterall, we're playing to win 50k.

Everyone says it's basic but then why do so many disagree, creating a debate or discussion to then turn round and say it's standard, basic stuff, why didn't you lot just say that two days ago as opposed to arguing to the contrary.

don't think many of you have a plan B.

All I have ever said is my plan A isn't going united, just don't feel they will be the path to success, often I have found with FF the favourite doesn't win, I just wanted to share that with you guys and talk about your strat.

What happened with Barca and Bayern last year just happened with Haye v Be.lew, if united go out most of you are screwed.

Anyways, dont feel sorry for me pal, i still believe I can win it.

However, I'm done posting about it, have fun chaps and good luck.

Do you park your spaceship in the garden and have you ever found any money at the end of a Rainbow?

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

RickyRosa wrote: if united go out most of you are screwed.
...and you're not because you've got a plan B. :roll:

If your Roma block goes out against Lyon, you're also screwed.

It will be interesting to see what changes you make ? I'm not a betting man, but you're not going to change that Man U block, other than to change after team news & lets hope that it's team news that forces you (& others) to make transfers.

Then with a bit of luck Rostov can knock United out, then you'll be in more crap, not even plan C. D. & E. can turn that one round.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Getting a bit daft this is, your not even discussing strategies your just arguing at each other,

In poker terms I think Ricky is definitely receiving a "tell" from you Ant1 :wink:

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:Getting a bit daft this is, your not even discussing strategies your just arguing at each other,

In poker terms I think Ricky is definitely receiving a "tell" from you Ant1 :wink:
I only play SNAP, ex.

My only "strategy" at this moment in time is to put Messi into my teams and then i'll take it from there. :wink:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Ant1 wrote:
ex-pro-gaffer wrote:Getting a bit daft this is, your not even discussing strategies your just arguing at each other,

I only play SNAP, ex.

My only "strategy" at this moment in time is to put Messi into my teams and then i'll take it from there. :wink:
Like 8-)

pulpfiction
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in phase dream team europe, 3rd november manager of the month

Post by pulpfiction »

RickyRosa wrote: However, I'm done posting about it, have fun chaps and good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gcjb7iNddI

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Post by Walter Bishop »

pulpfiction wrote:
RickyRosa wrote: However, I'm done posting about it, have fun chaps and good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gcjb7iNddI
Not Happy :x about that Pulp. You just made me watch 0.989 Seconds of Eastenders. I am now washing my eyes out with a Bar of Pears. :cry:

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Post by Walter Bishop »

CBN wrote:Ricky talks a better game than Bellew. Same result. BOSH!
Well now.

Just like That fight though we will all be keeping an eye on Rickys Teams now, whatever result we want for them. I hope he does well again and doesn't fall flat on his face Like Haye. :)

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Maybe Ricky will blame his Achilles or big toe? :P

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”