To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 2 In Play (aka loading up on Sevilla players week)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Re: Week 2 In Play (aka loading up on Sevilla players week)

Post by jaycar25 »

oldbigead wrote:
jaycar25 wrote:And the Sun also clarified this to me. Has anyone else fallen in to this trap or have the Sun cocked up.
The Sun have cocked up big time.

Their rules are quite clear.

And like you they've clarified that to me twice yesterday in the clearest language possible. They can't just make something up on the spot now.

We'll have to get it sorted out in the morning.

Was looking forward to what the draw might throw up and the impact it would have.

I've still got 2-4 transfers left to use in my teams after deliberatly not using them so far. (which is why i clarified; twice).

The rules blatantly say the second phase starts Monday, and game weeks are Tues to Thurs. 5 trasfers now is giving us 10 FOR THIS PHASE. Loks like they can't determine the difference between gameweeks and phases, (I CLEARLY CAN). I originally thought that champ league players that hadn't played this week were the only ones that one could transfer, but then everyone on the forum was saying tues- thurs as the Gameweek and also the rules' /t and c's, which means it's should be a fresh game week , but now thinking if game weeks are tues to thurs, which days are fri to Sun? the rest of the phase, so if the game weeks are over I should be able to use my transfers. I'm beginning to think I've been hustled by that Ricky Rosa Neil Beer bloke , he was the one that was moning about it all. I'm thinking he knew something we didn't (Someone Mentioned he's a professional hustler or something). :evil:

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

CBN wrote:I'm not totally surprised as I think this is what happprned in previous years - i.e. you have never been able to use 'left overs' at the end of a phase.
Well you're lucky you worked it out, but to me the way they worded the rules doesn't make any sense to me or quite a few others by the sound of things. It's alright for people that used all their transfers BY ROTATING Man utd keepers and Adurit'z and Laportes, but I had a strategy, . It's still phase 1 and everyones got 10 transfers ,what can be more baffling than that. To be honest people that used their transfers had a purpose for using them, but as far as I am concerned the sun owe me the transfers that I LEFT in all my teams over 90 points 5/6 OF THEM. SIMPLE.

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

before 19:45 on Tuesday 14 February unlimited transfers
between 19:45 on Tuesday 14 February and 19:45 Sunday 26 February five transfers (5 TRANSFERS NOT 10)
between 00:00 on Monday 28th February and 19:45 Sunday 19 March five transfers SUNDAY 26TH 7.45- MONDAY 28th 00.00 ????
between 00:00 on Monday 20 March and 19.45 Sunday 23 April five transfers
between 00:00 on Monday 24 April and 19.45 Sunday 3 June five transfers

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Right it's now saying I've got 5 transfers in all my teams is that till Sunday or for phase 2 now???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

jaycar25 wrote:

The rules blatantly say the second phase starts Monday, and game weeks are Tues to Thurs. 5 trasfers now is giving us 10 FOR THIS PHASE. Loks like they can't determine the difference between gameweeks and phases, (I CLEARLY CAN). I originally thought that champ league players that hadn't played this week were the only ones that one could transfer, but then everyone on the forum was saying tues- thurs as the Gameweek and also the rules' /t and c's, which means it's should be a fresh game week , but now thinking if game weeks are tues to thurs, which days are fri to Sun? the rest of the phase, so if the game weeks are over I should be able to use my transfers. I'm beginning to think I've been hustled by that Ricky Rosa Neil Beer bloke , he was the one that was moning about it all. I'm thinking he knew something we didn't (Someone Mentioned he's a professional hustler or something). :evil:
Jude I can understand your frustration/annoyance however Ricky was the 1st to raise this question and wanted clarification on this matter too.
Subsequently everyone else on the forum agreed that the transfers should be able to be used until Sunday.

There will certainly be others in the same position as you so The Sun may be able to reverse this once they are aware of another balls up.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

S_sutton87 wrote:Right it's now saying I've got 5 transfers in all my teams is that till Sunday or for phase 2 now???

Lunchtime? :D

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Bleddy Norah calm down, for all that went on last week and it was rectified, just chill ya beans, people can't wait to have a moan :x

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

I have found the timing of the games and making transfers a real struggle this week. It's a single man's game.

The only reason I would have transfers left is because I didn't have the time to take players out that weren't playing.

Not convinced on Ricky Tosa's strategy stuff, it's not the complex game he thinks it is. It's more about having the free time to keep an eye on team news then taking a punt.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Re: RE: Re: Week 2 In Play (aka loading up on Sevilla players week)

Post by S_sutton87 »

Backlash wrote:
S_sutton87 wrote:Right it's now saying I've got 5 transfers in all my teams is that till Sunday or for phase 2 now???

Lunchtime? :D
Brunch?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

I mentioned it in an earlier post the problem i think is connected to the programming issue from last werk.

If they has just unlocked the players and not "ended" the week they would of ended up back with the same issue as last week.

So their solution is to effectively end phase 1 completely by unlocking and shutting the phase down at the same time.

If it was the seasonal game and they unlocked players on a thur night problems would occur, they have copied the seasonal game in principle but not reprogrammed properly for the needed timing differences.

Hooefully they will resolve today.

Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Post by Footy66 »

I could have done with that extra transfer. ruddy Sun.

Man Utd better not draw Roma, I currently have a mix of players from both teams. I could do without having to remove Roma players on top of Bailly, Kane, Alli,

If they do draw each other I will be jumping in front of a bus.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

My biggest annoyance isn't how many transfers i have, but my decision take out, Stndli, Christensen e.t.c. I never keep the faith & too easily influenced in the moment.

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

Post by mesmerised »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:Bleddy Norah calm down, for all that went on last week and it was rectified, just chill ya beans, people can't wait to have a moan :x

What reaction were you expecting? when people have been hard done after playing by the rules this is the normal reaction and human instinct that follows, to complain.

It is shameful, the rules were very clear, you can use transfers til Sunday, it's Friday and Phase 2 transfers have begun.

Why don't they just employ someone from this forum to work for them, the game would run smoothly then.

I think the best thing for people to do is to email them this issue, because if you don't push them, they wont do anything.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

This one may be more difficult for them to resolve because casuals would have already started using the phase 2 transfers.
They cant undo it without effecting those already used.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

mesmerised wrote:
ex-pro-gaffer wrote:Bleddy Norah calm down, for all that went on last week and it was rectified, just chill ya beans, people can't wait to have a moan :x

What reaction were you expecting? when people have been hard done after playing by the rules this is the normal reaction and human instinct that follows, to complain.

It is shameful, the rules were very clear, you can use transfers til Sunday, it's Friday and Phase 2 transfers have begun.

Why don't they just employ someone from this forum to work for them, the game would run smoothly then.

I think the best thing for people to do is to email them this issue, because if you don't push them, they wont do anything.
Apologies

Everything can't be working as normal as the points are all over the place again,with what happened last week I would think there is some manual adjusting to the system as they quite clearly failed last week, and now the computer boffins in my opinion are probably on it as we speak, people wouldn't be looking to do finalise there transfers till after the draws been made, posting on here at 2:30am after the fiasco of last week is a little premature, and of course I understand all the politics of "well it should run properly" and "it clearly states in the rules", there having problems and in my opinion it'll be fixed.

Edit-everything seems fine this end transfers available I had left and players unlocked, the teams with transfers used have none left, pretty simples...

On the I phone app this is

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Transfers now reading "correctly" - and differently from earlier when all my teams said have a new five transfers left - those teams where i've kept a couple back to use between now and sunday are showing as they should. Anyone else?

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

transfers have been reset so you can use any phase 1 transfers left

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

New problem though.

I made the five transfers last night in my worst team. I've now had those locked in for free. And will no doubt get another five to use.

mesmerised
FISOhead

Post by mesmerised »

Does anyone have Aspas ?

Match centre says he has 7 points, which he should have, but on team page it says 6 points ?

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

Used all my phase 1 transfers before Thursday matches. When do you get phase 2 transfers ? Mine still showing 0/5.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Unlucky Roma blocks :D

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Fodder has been drawn 8-)

Romero to continue in goal :D

mesmerised
FISOhead

Post by mesmerised »

mesmerised wrote:I hope Man United get Roma away first, or maybe a nice long, ardous trip to freezing cold Russia, Rostov or Zenit preferably :D

Those blocks need taking down a peg or two. 8-)

Rostov it is :D

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:Genk vs Gent in the next round I reckon.
Called it 8-)

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Very happy with that draw. Problematic ties for both Schalke and Roma.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Advantage united..... Roma v lyon toughy to call

mesmerised
FISOhead

Post by mesmerised »

Schalke play Monchengladbach in the league away from home on the 4th March, then play them 5 days later at home in the Europa.

They'll both probably rest players in the league match so we wont learn anything there :lol:

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:
BLOCKHEAD wrote:Genk vs Gent in the next round I reckon.
Called it 8-)
120 to 1. Nice one. The next step was to call the bookies pre draw.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

With that draw and last nights results there wont be many europa players left in the game come last 8 so how long before they add some more players?

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

CBN wrote:New problem though.

I made the five transfers last night in my worst team. I've now had those locked in for free. And will no doubt get another five to use.
I wonder if any of the top few hundred got lucky too?

The gift that keeps giving this game.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”