To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Week 2 In Play (aka loading up on Sevilla players week)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Re: Week 2 In Play (aka loading up on Sevilla players week)

Post by mad dog »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:I'm hoping United get to the final and lose :P

On pens after a 0-0 draw?

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:Just seen Rostov beat Bayern 3-2 at home :shock:

Not as happy as I was earlier, but still expect United to get through the tie and then it's a relatively easy path to the final (if they don't draw the winner of Roma vs Lyon).
Plus they have the Chelsea FA cup game around then too which Jose will be keen to win and he's already moaning that it's been moved.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

So apparently anyone who's used 5 transfers yesterday morning as well as already using their 5 transfers for phase one will have the five used yesterday deducted from their total and have no more to use until phase three.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

mad dog wrote:So apparently anyone who's used 5 transfers yesterday morning as well as already using their 5 transfers for phase one will have the five used yesterday deducted from their total and have no more to use until phase three.
I presume those people could reverse those transfers or are they stuck with them.

I didn't make any so has no affect but although those people had a potential advantage, through no fault of there own, they could now be at a disadvantage not being able to reverse them on team news if players don't play.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

ronny10 wrote:
mad dog wrote:So apparently anyone who's used 5 transfers yesterday morning as well as already using their 5 transfers for phase one will have the five used yesterday deducted from their total and have no more to use until phase three.
I presume those people could reverse those transfers or are they stuck with them.

I didn't make any so has no affect but although those people had a potential advantage, through no fault of there own, they could now be at a disadvantage not being able to reverse them on team news if players don't play.

I presume stuck with them so potentially at a disadvantage if they thought they were gonna get another 5 for phase two.

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Didn't do it myself either, so will have to wait till Tuesday and someone that's done it to say if they are on 0/5 for phase two

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

They can't just change the rules willy nilly, I know we just comment on the next bit of information we receive but seriously what fck is going on, take a step back and actually think about it, it's unbelievable ! :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

mesmerised wrote:Ricky 'The Closet' Rosa

:lol: f.f.s

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

mad dog wrote:
BLOCKHEAD wrote:I'm hoping United get to the final and lose :P

On pens after a 0-0 draw?
That would be ideal :)

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Although it is a tough first leg for utd, When rostov beat bayern, it was minus 4 it was a completely changed bayern defence and boateng apparantly had a nightmare. Bayern also had 77% possession, 21 shots that game and also beat them 5-0 at home so im taking it as a good draw for united.

mediterranean
Red & Blue Braces

Post by mediterranean »

It's an excellent draw.

Anothe 2 clean sheets 8-)

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:They can't just change the rules willy nilly, I know we just comment on the next bit of information we receive but seriously what fck is going on, take a step back and actually think about it, it's unbelievable ! :shock: :shock: :shock:
The changes this year and the website on the whole have been a vast improvement but the lack of clarity on the rules and the programming errors are letting the game down, hopefully next year they will not try and change so much and spend there energy on getting what they have right.

Regarding the 5 transfers there probably isn't any other option than what maddog has said they are doing.
The other options are some teams get 25 transfers or they undo every change made tbur night/fri am and e mail everyone to tell them they effed up and neither of those are going to happen!!

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Post by Walter Bishop »

I nailed my defence going with a Man U Block plus Sanchez of Ajax in my Two Teams. Got Two clean Sheets which I jammed Last Year too with Liverpool Block + Hummels. Ibrahimovic in both was a Positive but my Transfers have let me down especially tossing up between Alli and Eriksen and going with the former :( And not sticking Aguero in the other night and waiting on Kane :( Could have been flying with a right decision there but many of us could say that. Am going to need a miracle and plenty of Luck to creep up the Leaderboard, but remember Last Year being in 4th then plummeting after going Barca and Dortmund mainly. Just got to reverse this and latch on to the right Teams from now on. No real strategy from me( Sorry Ricky) as I think there is so much Luck involved in getting through the Draws and the Players you pick scoring well. But there is a Long way to go yet and wouldn't be too bothered about the Teams at the Top just now, as they can easily go the wrong way and drop like a Stone.

mediterranean
Red & Blue Braces

Post by mediterranean »

How many points has people's best teams got ?

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Top team on 132 points.

I think the players who used their transfers early have very little to argue about.

After all, if your trying to take advantage of a loop hole you have to expect to take the rough with the smooth.

That's why I liked CBNs strat of doing it with his worst team

Just like players who left blank teams or people who saved transfers, there's a chance that things go wrong.

Personally, I do hope teams at the top have been effected by this.

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

RickyRosa wrote:
jaycar25 wrote:
oldbigead wrote:
jaycar25 wrote:And the Sun also clarified this to me. Has anyone else fallen in to this trap or have the Sun cocked up.
The Sun have cocked up big time.

Their rules are quite clear.

And like you they've clarified that to me twice yesterday in the clearest language possible. They can't just make something up on the spot now.

We'll have to get it sorted out in the morning.

Was looking forward to what the draw might throw up and the impact it would have.

I've still got 2-4 transfers left to use in my teams after deliberatly not using them so far. (which is why i clarified; twice).

The rules blatantly say the second phase starts Monday, and game weeks are Tues to Thurs. 5 trasfers now is giving us 10 FOR THIS PHASE. Loks like they can't determine the difference between gameweeks and phases, (I CLEARLY CAN). I originally thought that champ league players that hadn't played this week were the only ones that one could transfer, but then everyone on the forum was saying tues- thurs as the Gameweek and also the rules' /t and c's, which means it's should be a fresh game week , but now thinking if game weeks are tues to thurs, which days are fri to Sun? the rest of the phase, so if the game weeks are over I should be able to use my transfers. I'm beginning to think I've been hustled by that Ricky Rosa Neil Beer bloke , he was the one that was moning about it all. I'm thinking he knew something we didn't (Someone Mentioned he's a professional hustler or something). :evil:
Dude, whilst I find the comparison to myself as a professional hustler flattering may I just point out that I haven't moaned about the above at all, contrary to yourself I may add and contrary to the fact that I simply asked if it was possible so every one was able to discuss.

Not keeping it secret squirrel like some people do.

I find your above post quite insulting and flattering at the same time and feel that the analogy of a pro hustler is more probably because I won the FISO league last year and did very well in both the Euro comps and have been lucky enough to have a good start in this years league putting me in a strong position to defend my belt.

Please don't do not allude or directly challenge my integrity again without having irrefutable evidence.

Which believe me you will never find.

Kinda Regards

Ricky 'The Closer' Rosa

Sorry no offence meant, just my sense of humour.

Although I did feel like the victim of Jedi mind tricks especially when those transfers disappeared, but not by you personally.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Strong in the force am i

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Best on 159. Going to be sticking with the United block :wink:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Forcing me to do something different.

Luckily I have a plan, weather it works is another story, however, a plan it is.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

My plan is to convince myself I've no chance of winning this. So far so good.

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

One of the teams i fancied to do ok in Europe has not many players listed. :?:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

'Ten transfer' issue fixed.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

CBN wrote:'Ten transfer' issue fixed.
Sorry for not reading back over this thread, but when exactly do we have to use all our first five transfers by? Mind you to be on the safe side I used my few remaining ones yesterday. :D

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Striker wrote:
CBN wrote:'Ten transfer' issue fixed.
Sorry for not reading back over this thread, but when exactly do we have to use all our first five transfers by? Mind you to be on the safe side I used my few remaining ones yesterday. :D
I think it was yesterday so you are ok

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

I've just used up what i think are 5 phase 2 transfers. I then decided to undo them & now it will only let me make 1 transfer. What the hell is going on ??? Are phase 2 transfers now available to use, or is it still phase 1 transfers left over period ??

EDIT : Just re-tried, seems correct now. Panic over.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

ronny10 wrote:I think it was yesterday so you are ok
Thanks.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

CBN wrote:What would you have done then? Left the Benfica block to collect a minus ten points next week?
Off and running...

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

My mistake, call it minus fifteen.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

CBN wrote:My mistake, call it minus fifteen.
And some.

Didn't see them coming back tbh.
The "extra" time certainly had a factor.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”