To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfer fubar?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Transfer fubar?

Post by CBN »

I'm stuck with Hummels if this doesn't get fixed :evil:

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

CBN wrote:I'm stuck with Hummels if this doesn't get fixed :evil:
Do you have Gameiro as well?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

CBN wrote:I'm stuck with Hummels if this doesn't get fixed :evil:
You're not stuck with him. Think of it more as having a transfer stolen from you by the Dream Team shower. Often the loss of that fifth transfer may not cost, depends on how things work out. I transferred in Gameiro (luckily just one) who'll be having a transfer wasted on him assuming he doesn't recover.

The upside of this Sun cock up is that if you already had players who won't make it such as Pepe, Varane etc, you feel lucky that you didn't waste a transfer to bring them in. :wink:

At least the Sun are aware that the Borussia game is being played today. I'd half expected to find their players locked.

Incidentally anyone who hasn't been paying much attention be warned, Borussia kick off at 5.45 pm

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

varane, pepe, hummels, gamiero, possibly levandowski all out and can't be reversed.....the worst debacle yet

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I'll be submitting a refund request in the morning.

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

CBN wrote:I'll be submitting a refund request in the morning.
Sincerely, that's a massive bummer and so disappointing for you. You put in all that work and they balls it up on the basics.

Sorry man.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Whilst I to have been caught with my pants down, balls deep with pre arranged transfers I do think that a lot of people will be in the same boat.

It just made sense to make your transfers early and do last minute tinkers because of the time between the two phases, though, I think most people will be in the same boat.

Fear not CBN, all is not lost.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

But I've been robbed. I could have had Griezmann rather than Lewandowski in my best team in with a shot in my mini-leagues :evil:

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Yeah the Sun have definitely made another mistake here. Very annoying and time consuming for people.

But shouldn't be too much of a problem as im sure those who had teams with transfers that needed reversing emailed the hepdesk with the transfres they wanted to do before kick off. Im sure if they did then the Sun would have a time stamp on the query and would update the teams and scores.

Those who are just complaining now after the players (they might genuinely have wanted to put in) have scored points, obviously dont have a leg to stand on.

Im sure if those that did play had scored big points then they wouldn't say anything. Obviously the game providers cant have transfers done after the fact. The problem was known (and even though it wasnt your fault) if you didnt contact the sun before the kick off time then your ship has sailed.

Stuff like this has happened in the past and usually the games providers are reasonable as long as you've made it clear what changes you wanted before the kick off.

Hopefully the vast majority of people on here did this and they're not disadvantaged.

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

Just seen these comments. I've the same problem. I put Lewandowski in all my teams the week b4 this week. Then found out he had the shoulder injury. Then Tues morning read reports he had taken part in training, so kept him in.

Later on that evening missed the reports that he had only played 20 mins, so was stuck with him after Tues kick offs.

The teams I put Lewandowski in were not letting me reverse him on the Wednesday, making me believe that this was because I put him in teams the week B4 this week, or because the game week had started; I am still confused.

I subsequently took Lewa out of only one team where I had put him in at the end of phase 2 which had 5 transfers for muller, therefore; in theory meaning that I had not wasted a transfer in my other teams.

The Sun have led me to believe that I couldn't reverse Lewa because I put him in last week, but then made me think it was because the game week had kicked off

I am still confused as I am thinking I am missing something in the rules or is this definitely another sun cock up?

If it is I'll be asking for a refund also, when the comp has finished.

This could still be a blessing in disguise, in my other teams as I have kept him, and would have swapped him for muller in all my other teams, therefore having to take muller out for someone else next week .

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

CBN wrote:I'll be submitting a refund request in the morning.
More chance of seeing pigs fly...

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Is it me or did the leaderboard get changed quite a lot since last week? A lot of people a lot seemed to move up closer to the leaders.

Guess the Sun did allow people to add those players after the fact?

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

oldbigead wrote:Is it me or did the leaderboard get changed quite a lot since last week? A lot of people a lot seemed to move up closer to the leaders.

Elaborate a little mate please.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
oldbigead wrote:Is it me or did the leaderboard get changed quite a lot since last week? A lot of people a lot seemed to move up closer to the leaders.

Think its as utd conceded and juve and athletico didnt ?? Nothings changed since games finished last thursday??

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

leethomas wrote:
ex-pro-gaffer wrote:

Think its as utd conceded and juve and athletico didnt ?? Nothings changed since games finished last thursday??
Looks fine to me also, not sure whether I'd missed sommat. :oops:

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Are players supposed to be unlocked :oops:

Tears tears more tears !!! :cry:

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:Are players supposed to be unlocked :oops:

Yep. Any spare transfers can be used up to sunday

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

ronny10 wrote:

At least there consistent........ :?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
ronny10 wrote:

At least there consistent........ :?
Its been like that since day 1

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Sorry Ronny maybe we're getting our wires crossed, I am aware there normally available up until Sunday, however, when trying they weren't at 8:30 this morning, it's no bother it's fine now :D

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:Sorry Ronny maybe we're getting our wires crossed, I am aware there normally available up until Sunday, however, when trying they weren't at 8:30 this morning, it's no bother it's fine now :D
ah right, Im with you now :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”