To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfer fubar?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Re: Transfer fubar?

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

I was a "silly bigger" as Striker called me, here's a quick recap of the goings on of my teams

1. I cancelled all transfers when it became apparent last thurs/Friday there may be a glitch (I didn't want to get left behind)

2. My teams were put back to how they were when I started the game, however, my transfers were still showing in the transfers page, I didn't and haven't touched any of them it's all been done by dreamteam manually

3. My teams are now all back to normal with no problems and no points gained or lost (these had never changed in the team hub screen, always stayed the same) if I was on 174pts I am still on 174 regardless of any issues

Although we're getting some stick for so called "cheating", nothing has changed, I have not gained and all my teams are running as they should, now it seems it's the Sun dream team screens not reading correctly

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

The Don wrote:Seems to me most teams in the top 100 are bent as ARSEHOLES. You only have to look at their phase 2 points totals to see. There is no way some of these teams could possibly have scored a gazillion points with their present line-ups in this phase, unless they had used more transfers than permitted.

If you look at the app it shows you the points before tonight's two games for phase 2 then you just add the Juventus pts on ( not many have Leicester players ). It is amazing to see the amount of teams that now possess a Juv block with Dybala.

Even more amazing are the teams holding several eliminated players who have also scored heavily in this phase. That's only possibly by cheating by taking advantage of the reversal transfer glitch.
Your wrong Don sorry, not sure you've read the thread earlier on, with what your saying, 95% of teams in the FISO league are cheats, as there all carrying eliminated players.....it's a sun glitch !!
Last edited by Ex-Pro-Gaffer on 14 Mar 2017, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:12345678 has just phoned me to ask me my team line up. When I look at my own team it is showing correctly and my score seems to be correct. But the team that he saw on his computer was my team before I made four transfers last week. So this would seem to suggest that people's scores are correct and that managers (at least those who haven't been playing silly b*ggers) are seeing their own teams correctly. But they are showing incorrectly to other people. Although a mess the main thing is that scores seem to be correct.

Does anyone see their own score as wrong?
Exactly. People getting their knickers in a twist when there's no need to. Changes won't show (to other entrants) until that player has played. So all this "All these teams showing Kane. There must be something untoward, wrong", is just melodramatic. :roll:
Agree with your melodramatic sentiment. But teams are still shown incorrectly to other people EVEN after a player has played. It seems to be that last week's transfers are not included in teams when seen by other people.
Appreciate that Striker, but what someone can, or can't see, shouldn't be too much of a concern, at this point.

All that fuss for the first week & what happened ? Everything was rectified, no one gained or lost transfers, or gained or lost points. Basically the same thing is happening this week. Do we expect any different ? It will be rectified though. No doubt then we'll have a "I can't make any unused transfers" debate. :roll:
Last edited by Ant1 on 14 Mar 2017, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:12345678 has just phoned me to ask me my team line up. When I look at my own team it is showing correctly and my score seems to be correct. But the team that he saw on his computer was my team before I made four transfers last week. So this would seem to suggest that people's scores are correct and that managers (at least those who haven't been playing silly b*ggers) are seeing their own teams correctly. But they are showing incorrectly to other people. Although a mess the main thing is that scores seem to be correct.

Exactly. People getting their knickers in a twist when there's no need to. Changes won't show (to other entrants) until that player has played. So all this "All these teams showing Kane. There must be something untoward, wrong", is just melodramatic. :roll:
Agree with your melodramatic sentiment. But teams are still shown incorrectly to other people EVEN after a player has played. It seems to be that last week's transfers are not included in teams when seen by other people.
Appreciate that Striker, but what someone can, or can't see, shouldn't be too much of a concern, at this point.
I agree, except that it clearly confuses and upsets a few of our slower brethren such as The Don. :wink: :lol: :wink:

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:

I agree, except that it clearly confuses and upsets a few of our slower brethren such as The Don. :wink: :lol: :wink:
It's the manic wild accusations, that have no foundation or reasoning, that concern me, for the briefest of seconds. :roll: :oops:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

What concerns me is that it does seem evident that you can't see some of the actual players in some teams but that you can see all of the actual players in other teams.

So if you reversed transfers whilst you may see the correct players in your team on your device, others see your old team.

Camouflaging your actual team which in itself is a distinct advantage over someone who has not reversed transfers like myself where you can clearly see my team and ultimately strategy should you wish, however, I am unable to see the team of the reversers'.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

RickyRosa wrote:What concerns me is that it does seem evident that you can't see some of the actual players in some teams but that you can see all of the actual players in other teams.

So if you reversed transfers whilst you may see the correct players in your team on your device, others see your old team.

Camouflaging your actual team which in itself is a distinct advantage over someone who has not reversed transfers like myself where you can clearly see my team and ultimately strategy should you wish, however, I am unable to see the team of the reversers'.
Are you serious, Neil ? Correct me if i'm wrong, but are you saying that someone can see your teams, exactly as they are, because you haven't done the reversal thing, which is ultimately giving away your strategy, & you feel that this is unfair because you can't see the changes that others have made, the one's that have reversed ?

Talk about, drama queens on here. :roll: I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, but there's something really sad when people look through teams thinking, "I can't see their changes, have they gained points, have they gained transfers, but it's unfair & a disadvantage, because they can see mine correctly, which is ultimately giving away my strategy". :roll: :roll: :cry:

No one is gaining an advantage. I think people should concentrate on their own teams, rather than what they can or can't see in someone elses. For those that are complaining about the reversal thing, did you not have clear warning from the first phase ? No doubt all these non-sensical advantage claims will persist going into the 3rd phase. :roll: :oops: till the end of the comp.

If you could see the team of the reversers, what are you going to do ? Are you then going to say i'm satisfied ? No one's gained an advantage. (That is only in your head, along with anyone else that's thinking the same thing) How many have potentially done that ? Hundreds, thousands ?? What are you going to do, plough through them all, thinking they've gained an advantage ?

I'm going to have a look at your strategy now, Ricky. Not that that will influence the changes i've already made, it's purely for amusement purposes.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

RickyRosa wrote:What concerns me is that it does seem evident that you can't see some of the actual players in some teams but that you can see all of the actual players in other teams.

If you haven't made any transfers in this phase then people will see your team as it is. I presume, going by my own teams in which I have made transfers this phase but no reversals, that when you do make a transfer then people won't see that transfer but only your previous line up.

That's my understanding anyhow

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Ricky trust me we cannot clearly see your teams, this was changed to a Dortmund block right ??....this is how i see it currently, so from me viewing this my natural reaction is to think you have reversed, this is one of the reasons I reversed last week as as you can imagine I clicked on yours CBNs, Ronny's to name a few, and this came up, what would your first thought be seeing an opponents teams like this ???....of course you'd think they'd reversed transfers, now it's become clear you guys haven't :?

I hope that makes sense !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:

Ricky trust me we cannot clearly see your teams, this was changed to a Dortmund block right ??....this is how i see it currently, so from me viewing this my natural reaction is to think you have reversed, this is one of the reasons I reversed last week as as you can imagine I clicked on yours CBNs, Ronny's to name a few, and this came up, what would your first thought be seeing an opponents teams like this ???....of course you'd think they'd reversed transfers, now it's become clear you guys haven't :?

so in summary Ricky is cheating :roll:

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

ronny10 wrote:
ex-pro-gaffer wrote:

so in summary Ricky is cheating :roll:
No because so are you then Ronny :lol:

This is how I see your team :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

It's not my point picking out the cheaters, I'm trying to make it as simple as possible that whether you reversed or not the teams are not as they should be !

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:It's not my point picking out the cheaters, I'm trying to make it as simple as possible that whether you reversed or not the teams are not as they should be !
Unless i'm missing something no one has cheated ? There's silly unfounded accusations flying around that there's wrong doing, when the only wrong doing is that dreamteam can't run a website & people's imaginations are running wild :!: :roll:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I was joking!!!

as Ricky pointed out an advantage gained by others seeing his team as it should be, but its not the case

blah blah blah.

anyway, lets just leave all this until Friday when someone again does a transfer then reverses it and complains they've lost points, transfers etc etc and we go through this all over again!!!!!!!

pulpfiction
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in phase dream team europe, 3rd november manager of the month

Post by pulpfiction »

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

ronny10 wrote:I was joking!!!

as Ricky pointed out an advantage gained by others seeing his team as it should be, but its not the case

blah blah blah.

anyway, lets just leave all this until Friday when someone again does a transfer then reverses it and complains they've lost points, transfers etc etc and we go through this all over again!!!!!!!
Sounds like a plan 8-)

1/3 - Backlash
Evens - Ex Pro Gaffer

:P

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

ronny10 wrote:I was joking!!!

blah blah blah.

I know you were ronny. I agree with you. Hopefully, we can all get back to the actual football & discuss Aguero's brace tonight. :wink: and Ibra's brace tomoorow.... 8-)

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Normal order is resumed Ronny, everything looks ok Ronny, I can see all teams Ronny....

:mrgreen:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

You're propagating another fallacy - that you can see other people's teams correctly if they haven't reversed any transfers. That's bollox as I've never reversed a transfer and other people can only see seven correct players in my team. As others have said it's completely due to a Sun glitch not related to whether or not you have reversed transfers.

Also the idea that seeing other peoples' teams is an advantage at this point in time is also bollox IMO. It's only an advantage near the end of the comp if you're only seriously competing against a very limited number of teams.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

But we are merely fish, David. Know your plaice :wink:

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

CBN wrote:But we are merely fish, David. Know your plaice :wink:
Very good Simon, I stand applauding..... 8-)

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

Striker wrote:

You're propagating another fallacy - that you can see other people's teams correctly if they haven't reversed any transfers. That's bollox as I've never reversed a transfer and other people can only see seven correct players in my team. As others have said it's completely due to a Sun glitch not related to whether or not you have reversed transfers.

Also the idea that seeing other peoples' teams is an advantage at this point in time is also bollox IMO. It's only an advantage near the end of the comp if you're only seriously competing against a very limited number of teams.
+1

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

Has anyone haddocked into the website ??

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Ant1 wrote:
Night !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Night !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:
I cod have hacked it but I skated around the idea.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:

It's the manic wild accusations, that have no foundation or reasoning, that concern me, for the briefest of seconds. :roll: :oops:
a final point on this. ant, some who have played sdt for some time will remember some crazy goings on in sdt. those from the sdt 'in crowd' at the time made a number of revelations of alleged historical 'fixing'. on one occasions the syndicate with the largest financial entry ever into the comp were found cheating, the t&c were changed twice to accommodate them (they continued to break t&c) and a number of fiso members took sdt to court over it.

there is previous in this game.

one of the things that disappointed me with fiso historically was a cosying up with those running sdt, there is no doubt that if you understood how the season game worked this year (rules including revaluations were not made clear) it would have been a huge advantage and those running the comp had a launch party with many of their longstanding 'mates' that play the game including past winners. in my view what should have happened was a concerted effort to get them to adhere to t&c that were broken, when i tried to do something about the fiasco that led to financial loss for those that took sdt to court i received little support until those losing out financially became clear!

i was once told by a fiso member who was extremely computer literate that most of the games were now very poorly run and not secure. i haven't named him nor will i ever if he is reading this. i've known 'striker' since before the days of ff and i haven't even told him. this person asked me if i would be interested in taking advantage of some of the glitches with him, i declined.

interestingly the only comp that i am aware of that he ever won was one that looked awful from a security point of view. coincidence yes possible of course, leicester won the league last year so why not.

i believe some admitted to reversing transfers to gain points unless i am mistaken. the problems that sdt have rectified have been put right so they claim but were brought to their attention by players looking at teams that had taken advantage of a glitch. we are now faced with a position where we only have the word of sdt that this is right. personally i think all prizewinners should be independently manually checked.

it's disappointing that fiso when founded by chris king was set up as he said to me partly to monitor the games providers and keep them in check. now it seems to be accepted that it is a place where a few members can try to find glitches to gain advantage from. if they go undetected all well and good. if any attempts are found out then nothing really seems to be lost.

the bottom line is we know attempts to take advantage of programming errors have been made, we have been told that those detected have been put right. we have no proof of this nor do we know if any undetected glitches are still in place. considering the number of foul ups a manual independent audit of prizewinners seems reasonable. GFM run the comps and have pretty much killed off their genuine competitors such as clever.tv and ofl having lost the sdt contract are no longer players on the same level. there is therefore no competition in running comps to encourage them to keep standards up. if nothing is done about this and sdt and GFM are allowed to sweep it under the carpet i don't think you can be that confident of the integrity of any game as i am sure previous metro/mail players will be aware. what tends to happen with badly run and badly thought out games is that they go west as sdt monthly has. not sure any major game has ever gone then come back at a later date, although i stand to be corrected.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

12345678 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:

a final point on this. ant, some who have played sdt for some time will remember some crazy goings on in sdt. those from the sdt 'in crowd' at the time made a number of revelations of alleged historical 'fixing'. on one occasions the syndicate with the largest financial entry ever into the comp were found cheating, the t&c were changed twice to accommodate them (they continued to break t&c) and a number of fiso members took sdt to court over it.

one of the things that disappointed me with fiso historically was a cosying up with those running sdt, there is no doubt that if you understood how the season game worked this year (rules including revaluations were not made clear) it would have been a huge advantage and those running the comp had a launch party with many of their longstanding 'mates' that play the game including past winners. in my view what should have happened was a concerted effort to get them to adhere to t&c that were broken, when i tried to do something about the fiasco that led to financial loss for those that took sdt to court i received little support until those losing out financially became clear!

i was once told by a fiso member who was extremely computer literate that most of the games were now very poorly run and not secure. i haven't named him nor will i ever if he is reading this. i've known 'striker' since before the days of ff and i haven't even told him. this person asked me if i would be interested in taking advantage of some of the glitches with him, i declined.

interestingly the only comp that i am aware of that he ever won was one that looked awful from a security point of view. coincidence yes possible of course, leicester won the league last year so why not.

i believe some admitted to reversing transfers to gain points unless i am mistaken. the problems that sdt have rectified have been put right so they claim but were brought to their attention by players looking at teams that had taken advantage of a glitch. we are now faced with a position where we only have the word of sdt that this is right. personally i think all prizewinners should be independently manually checked.

it's disappointing that fiso when founded by chris king was set up as he said to me partly to monitor the games providers and keep them in check. now it seems to be accepted that it is a place where a few members can try to find glitches to gain advantage from. if they go undetected all well and good. if any attempts are found out then nothing really seems to be lost.

the bottom line is we know attempts to take advantage of programming errors have been made, we have been told that those detected have been put right. we have no proof of this nor do we know if any undetected glitches are still in place. considering the number of foul ups a manual independent audit of prizewinners seems reasonable. GFM run the comps and have pretty much killed off their genuine competitors such as clever.tv and ofl having lost the sdt contract are no longer players on the same level. there is therefore no competition in running comps to encourage them to keep standards up. if nothing is done about this and sdt and GFM are allowed to sweep it under the carpet i don't think you can be that confident of the integrity of any game as i am sure previous metro/mail players will be aware. what tends to happen with badly run and badly thought out games is that they go west as sdt monthly has. not sure any major game has ever gone then come back at a later date, although i stand to be corrected.
Forgive me, 12345678910111213...i haven't read your post fully, i didn't get to the end. I find it quite boring, with respect. I know all about syndicates, the way people past & present bend the rules. It's old news. My post was aimed at one individual & his absurd accusations & unfounded conclusions, specifically to the Euro game.

The word "manic" was a big clue, as to whom the individual is :!: This clue would very likely go over his head, because his 3 splinters short of a plank :!:

I have now read your post & i'm in agreement with what you say, unfortunately if there is any wrong doing in this situation, it has got to be blatantly obvious for all to see, unless this is the case, then no one will ever know. The only people that are really interested in a situation like this, are those that will be in a position of a prize win.

Dreamteam monthly got the chop, because there weren't enough entrants. Big mistake they made this year was getting "too greedy" charging for everything. I suspect their profits will be down, compared to other years ?
Last edited by Ant1 on 16 Mar 2017, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Ant1 wrote:
12345678 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:

Forgive me, 12345678910111213...i haven't read your post fully, i didn't get to the end. I find it quite boring, with respect. I know all about syndicates, the way people past & present bend the rules. It's old news. My post was aimed at one individual & his absurd accusations & unfounded conclusions, specifically to the Euro game.

The word "manic" was a big clue, as to whom the individual is :!: This clue would very likely go over his head, because his 3 splinters short of a plank :!:
i would suggest that saying what someone has written is 'boring' then saying 'with respect' doesn't really add up. if you can't be bothered to read a fairly short post then to judge it suggests it is probably unlikely that you will be among those financially involved. 'i know all about' doesn't sit that comfortably with not reading posts but suggests you have preconceived ideas that you are sticking to.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

12345678 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
12345678 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:

i would suggest that saying what someone has written is 'boring' then saying 'with respect' doesn't really add up. if you can't be bothered to read a fairly short post then to judge it suggests it is probably unlikely that you will be among those financially involved. 'i know all about' doesn't sit that comfortably with not reading posts but suggests you have preconceived ideas that you are sticking to.
I have now read your post & added to my post. It's something that i have to do, when i'm ready to do so.

From what you say, my guess is that you're only addressing this because you're "financially involved" i.e. doing well & having a chance of a prize win ? That's a bit fickle :!: :wink:

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Ant1 wrote:
12345678 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
12345678 wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:
Striker wrote:
Ant1 wrote:

I have now read your post & added to my post. It's something that i have to do, when i'm ready to do so.

From what you say, my guess is that you're only addressing this because you're "financially involved" i.e. doing well & having a chance of a prize win ? That's a bit fickle :!: :wink:
not the case that i am financially involved this year, was last year, probably end up top 100 and not bother the top 10 this time. i would just like the comp to be 'straight'. you are correct though that is when people tend to be interested and as those who took legal action against sdt after belatedly showing an interest it can be a case of 'too late'

i can't agree with the reasons for the failure of sdt monthly though. you may be right that they were getting 'too greedy' but i don't think that is the main reason for the dramatic fall in entries, although those responsible for the design of the monthly game will no doubt be happy to tell their bosses that or maybe go further and say it is due to falling interest.

personally i believe it is using revaluations in a game where they shouldn't have applied. if you looking at the leading teams in sdt they are worth considerably more than the original budget and therefore still full of top players. if you try to pick a side based on original budget it becomes extremely difficult and i think that is what put some players off. additionally some smart @rses had foreseen this and put in hundreds of unpaid entries to gain revaluations that would later be tidied up as monthly entries. truth is that it may have been due to lack of interest, it may have been due to sdt greed but i know these other issues played a huge factor in its demise.

poorly designed games frequently lead to games disappearing sadly.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”