To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Joke Sun adding Europa players after the start

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Joke Sun adding Europa players after the start

Post by The Don »

Fairly sure the Sun have added Europa league players after the start of the Comp on Tuesday and before the Europa leagues kick into action.

this in my opinion is bang eff out of order!

it should be done after a round of games and not mid game. :evil:

I completed my teams on Tuesday evening and they have certainly added players after the event.

I started to go through the games tonight to see which teams with just the odd player will for sure get MOTM because he/ they are the only ones listed ( so far ) in their game.

Ferenbache had 3 players now 4. Lyon had 10 now 12. Shaktar had 3 now 4 and more importantly the player added was a player I wanted to use Taison :x

this is a eff joke I ain't got as far as seeing who else they have added so far. :x :x :evil:

Even added 4 more Spurs players bringing their total up to 19 ffs!

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

Re: Joke Sun adding Europa players after the start

Post by mesmerised »

Looks like you're wrong on all fronts

on the 13th of February before a game had been played....

Fenerbache had 4 players to begin with
Lyon had 10 players to begin with
Shaktar had 4 players including taison
Tottenham always had 19 players.

Source: Robots Spreadsheet that he posted at 15:37 on the 13th of February on the Europe Strategy thread

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

mesmerised wrote:Looks like you're wrong on all fronts

on the 13th of February before a game had been played....

Fenerbache had 4 players to begin with
Lyon had 10 players to begin with
Shaktar had 4 players including taison
Tottenham always had 19 players.

Source: Robots Spreadsheet that he posted at 15:37 on the 13th of February on the Europe Strategy thread
They certainly were not listed if you went to respective team(stats) to show their players. possibly on what your saying they popped up on the drop down as you created a team

100 pct they were not listed as I particularly looked at certain teams including Shaktar, Zenit and Schalke all of who have new players.

if you go to stats now they pop up alright.

if Taison was listed from the start I can guarantee you he would have more than 0.4% in teams and that's a fact!!

so many people were hoodwinked like myself. I even recall somebody moaning about Tripper not being in the lists- well he is now!

I might add I only entered my teams 30 mins before kick off on Tuesday and nonone of the additional players were coming up under stats- where one would expect to find the full listings- not eff hidden away on drop downs

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

I've got taison, and set my teams up over a week ago.

I think there might be a difference between lists viewable on desktop and on mobile app (not using the app I can't tell for sure, but there has been mention elsewhere of differences in functionality).

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I have a macro which scrapes the players off the site. No new players have been added for about six days. You're rarely wrong Dot, but you are this time.

Players like Trippier and Kolasinac were added towards the end of last week IIRC.
Last edited by CBN on 16 Feb 2017, 17:31, edited 2 times in total.

mesmerised
FISOhead

Post by mesmerised »

I have taison as well.

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

quizking wrote:I've got taison, and set my teams up over a week ago.

I think there might be a difference between lists viewable on desktop and on mobile app (not using the app I can't tell for sure, but there has been mention elsewhere of differences in functionality).
I'm using desktop and it definitely didn't show on stats page then (on mine) but it certainly shows now. Most annoyed.

I Would always rather use desktop than my mobile to enter teams. Harsh lesson learnt. Regardless I'm sure many others got hoodwinked in the same way because Taison would most definitely be in more teams if people were aware.

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

mesmerised wrote:I have taison as well.
Bully for you. Give me you address and i'll send you a Blue Peter Badge and a Crackajack pencil.

You can send me a Dunce hat in return.

PM for dets

mesmerised
FISOhead

Post by mesmerised »

Stop throwing your toys out of the pram you whinging tart and get on with it :lol:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Not sure Taison is worth getting emotional over for the away leg? Probably eat my words now :D

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

I got the info for the players i posted on the other thread from stats on a desktop, ticked all the europa teams them copied/pasted.
Im not clever enough for scraping!

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

CBN wrote:I have a macro which scrapes the players off the site. No new players have been added for about six days. You're rarely wrong Dot, but you are this time.

Players like Trippier and Kolasinac were added towards the end of last week IIRC.
Kolasinac was showing on desktop because I've used him a few times. Trippier would never be on my radar, I just recalled someone moaning he wasn't listed recently.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

CBN wrote:Not sure Taison is worth getting emotional over for the away leg? Probably eat my words now :D
To be fair you can't change him for the home game once they have played. (unless I have not fully understood the game weeks - wouldn't be the first time)

The thing is though with 5 transfers which can only be used before teams have played there was plenty of opportunity to bring him in anyway. As I did, removing Trippier from one of my teams just before KO. So he was definitely available before first ko as all of mine were in then.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Players should be unlocked tonight-and definitely by Tuesday if I have read the rules right :?

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Rick wrote:
CBN wrote:Not sure Taison is worth getting emotional over for the away leg? Probably eat my words now :D
To be fair you can't change him for the home game once they have played. (unless I have not fully understood the game weeks - wouldn't be the first time)

The thing is though with 5 transfers which can only be used before teams have played there was plenty of opportunity to bring him in anyway. As I did, removing Trippier from one of my teams just before KO. So he was definitely available before first ko as all of mine were in then.
Yeah, you've not understood the rules. I'll bring a few Taison's in next week.

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Not surprised, every time I tried to read the rules it seemed to be talking about the normal weekly game.

Hope your right In that case that will be quite handy, I've not really used many transfers at all.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”