To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Europe 2017 Strategy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Europe 2017 Strategy

Post by CBN »

"The Ripper" has stuck :D

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

Did anyone else notice Mad Dog start yet another post with "when I finished 3rd a few years ago" :?

Been spending too much time with Terry Gridley :D

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

He finished 3rd?

Shit well done Dan. :)

MrTomRipley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: "Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm"

Post by MrTomRipley »

CBN wrote:"The Ripper" has stuck :D
I like it.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Striker and mesmerised make a lot of sense imop.

I think there is obviously a massive element of luck involved in winning, however, the skill comes in putting yourself in a position where short term variance becomes a factor.

Just like in a poker tournament.

There is massive variance involved, any one can win or lose, however, over the long run, the skilful players puts themselves in a position where variance isn't so much of a factor.

Whilst striker thinks that I over estimate the luck factor I think that he underestimates how skilful he is.

Ant you say I contradict myself because I'm reasoning that you don't go for a Man U based team unless your right up there.

Because I say I'm suggesting how not to lose not how to win, this isn't the case, one can discuss how not to lose without suggesting how to win and without stating the winning strategy. As the fact is there are many winning strategys at this stage of the game, however, imop, a Man U based team isn't one of them.

The reverse implied odds of choosing a Man based team which are 2/1 to win are irrefutable and are a mathematical fact.

My argument is simply you would be better choosing for example a shalke based team at 16/1.

whilst shalke and your shalke based team will only go on to win 1 out of 16 times you play the game, the short term variance involved in the shorter games actually works in your favour and you will at least have a realistic if not small chance of going on and actually winning something.

Though, however small your chance of winning with the shalke team is, it is still a lot higher than persisting or going united if your are say 50-60 points of the teams in front of you who are also united based.

I only point out that the people who still persist with Man U based strategy which was I understand probably was the best starting strategy (I too have Man U based teams of my own) are imop wrong to do so.

I think the deluded people are the people who think that research, hard work, lateral thinking and taking risks etc does not yield results.

People build opinions of one another and mock yet post on a FF forum, this I don't understand, as let's be honest, we all spend our spare time playing FF hence the reason we post on here.

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

You're a fish in dragon's clothing

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

superiorpinkham wrote:You're a fish in dragon's clothing
No you're wrong it's a fish in tiger skin.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Ibra has just guaranteed himself two starts against Rostov! :lol:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

With so many transfers on offer - the winning strategy will involve catching the CL strikers at the right time when they score big.

Like Aubameyang tonight 8-)

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:With so many transfers on offer - the winning strategy will involve catching the CL strikers at the right time when they score big.

Can you give us the 2015 Grand National winner too?

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

BLOCKHEAD wrote:With so many transfers on offer - the winning strategy will involve catching the CL strikers at the right time when they score big.

Don't tell Ricky that. :lol:

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Roma heading out?

United must be about threes on to win this two bob cup.

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

CBN wrote:Roma heading out?

United must be about threes on to win this two bob cup.
Roma, Lyon on another planet and every other team would be a danger to United.

pulpfiction
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in phase dream team europe, 3rd november manager of the month

Post by pulpfiction »

CBN wrote:

Can you give us the 2015 Grand National winner too?
I recently joined a time travel club.

Seemingly I have won a prize in their latest raffle.

It's two tickets to the world cup final.

In 1966. :lol: :lol:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Mega points tonight for anyone who backed the Leicester block with cleansheet, Schmeichel penalty save and Morgan goal :!:

Could prove to be a great differential :wink: :lol:

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

A bit like those all conquering Benfica blocks?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

CBN wrote:A bit like those all conquering Benfica blocks?
One of ahmeds 20 (23rd) looks like it went benfica :arrow: juve the best he could manage.

Looks like the correct strategy as it stands if utd concede could off been juve block and rotate the strikers.
An obvious choice in hindsight but not many went this route put of by playing the 2nd week!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Monaco through - the edge strategy could end up paying big time with Barca, Leicester and now Monaco all sealing unlikely progression.

Did Ricky follow through with his words?

superiorpinkham
Grumpy Old Man

Post by superiorpinkham »

I don't think The Closet will be happy if Dzeko scores a couple

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

These wxxnkers take fxxing liberties, giving Oblak Starman. THE SUN GIVING HIM THE POINTS and then taking them away to a player that's not even in the game. He was clearly man of the match puting in a WORLD CLASS PERFORMANCE. When are these fxing wxxnkers going to stop fxxing around..Who scored, the Sun I don't even care, they're both linked in making decisions anyway. RSOLES.. :evil:

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

Post by mesmerised »

Oblak was top drawer, made 6 saves and kept a clean sheet, deserves it.

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

mesmerised wrote:Oblak was top drawer, made 6 saves and kept a clean sheet, deserves it.
Think Jaycar is saying Oblak deserved starman,but it was awarded to Partey.

Ant1
Treebeard

Post by Ant1 »

Roll on Wimbledon...

Already got 4, 5 & 6 players elimninated. Potentially 2 or 3 more tonight if Roma get knocked out.

If only i'd had a clear defined strategy like, Ricky. :lol:

Yes, i am a big fat fish. :cry:

Iksh
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th- SUN Europe 2016-17
2nd-Sun world cup dreamteam 2014
Winner John Morrison Champions League 2015-16

Post by Iksh »

How will all the top teams respond if ManU gets knocked out tonight?

0-0 draw with UTD knocked out on penalties is the best outcome if they get knocked out.

It will be worse if you have used most of your transfers and UTD bows out.

Best outcome- Clean sheet with goals for Ibra and Mkky.

UTD blocks dodged a multiple bullets last week with roma,lyon, Monchengladback, Schalke all conceeding more goals and some more than 1. Will united blocks be in the same comfort zone at end of tonights games?

What about teams who swapped their blocks to Juve this week. Will it play out to their advantage?

What about the strikers? - Except for Lacazette , no one else made a big mark last week. Will we rue using the transfers for Higuian and Griezmann and not trusting Stindt, Dzeko, Guidetti, Aspas or Dolberg to do their job.

Lots of talking points for this evening and to plan the next 72 hours - after the draw and before close of transfer window for phase 2.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

Iksh wrote:How will all the top teams respond if ManU gets knocked out tonight?

0-0 draw with UTD knocked out on penalties is the best outcome if they get knocked out.

UTD blocks dodged a multiple bullets last week with roma,lyon, Monchengladback, Schalke all conceeding more goals and some more than 1. Will united blocks be in the same comfort zone at end of tonights games?

What about teams who swapped their blocks to Juve this week. Will it play out to their advantage?

What about the strikers? - Except for Lacazette , no one else made a big mark last week. Will we rue using the transfers for Higuian and Griezmann and not trusting Stindt, Dzeko, Guidetti, Aspas or Dolberg to do their job.

Lots of talking points for this evening and to plan the next 72 hours - after the draw and before close of transfer window for phase 2.
0-0 draw Utd go through on away goals ,game won't be going to pens sry

Iksh
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th- SUN Europe 2016-17
2nd-Sun world cup dreamteam 2014
Winner John Morrison Champions League 2015-16

Post by Iksh »

Nightowl wrote:

Yes , of course . You are right .
I overlooked the away goal .

plevna1963
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: John Morrison Elite League 14/15 22nd 15/16 8th Europa League 15/16 8th Sundreamteam 2015/16 Weekly Winner Top 100 / Fiso Euro 2016 (Fra) 2nd. Xmas League (2) 2016/2017
John Morrison Elite League March Monthly Winner 2016/17

Post by plevna1963 »

Iksh wrote:
Nightowl wrote:

When do phase 2 transfers have to be used for ? is it this Sunday like we had in phase 1 ?

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

plevna1963 wrote:
Iksh wrote:
Nightowl wrote:

When do phase 2 transfers have to be used for ? is it this Sunday like we had in phase 1 ?
Almost certain it is

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I like to call it "The United Block Strategy" 8-)

mesmerised
FISOhead
FS Record: I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 10k a day

Post by mesmerised »

Who was it that insisted moving away from the United blocks was the way forward and the best stratergy :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”