To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Europe Dream Team 2017

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Re: Europe Dream Team 2017

Post by jaycar25 »

The phases breakdown as follows:

Phase 1: 14th – 26th Feb: Champions League Round of 16 first leg, Europa League Round of 32 first & second legs.
Phase 2: 27th Feb – 19th March: CL Round of 16 second leg, EL round of 16 first & second legs.
Phase 3: 20th March – 23rd April: CL quarter-final first & second legs, EL quarter-final first & second legs.
Phase 4: 24th Apr – 3rd June: CL semi-final first & second legs, EL semi-final first & second legs, CL and EL finals.

Unlike this season’s Dream Team Season games, there will be no variable player pricing or player lockout.

Like what you see? ????????? :? :? :?

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Where is Ahmet Live?
Surely he'll know :D

I suspect you've been told that info incorrectly too jay, they pretty much say anything to get you off the line.

Edit: The correspondence you posted there jay didn't say you could transfer a Champions league player to a europa league player.
It was just confirmation that you could change a player before kickoff if he wasn't playing -something which was obvious.

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

How do you interpret the rules?. It seems almost nonsensical to give 5 transfers that you can only use the week after, (following week - Tues to thurs 5 transfers) , It doesn't seem as though they've printed any rules... anywhere. So they've opened a GAME with as of yet.. no rules. JOKE...

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Having the 5 transfers gives you the ability to swap say 2/3 C/L players in week 1 to another 2/3 in week 2.

The 5 transfers will be very handy indeed to get the lottery of picking your other 8/9 Europa league players right.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Having read them again, the rules are as clear as they ever get with the Sun imho.

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 5k weekly winner 2017
BIG BALLS WINNER PROBABLY

Post by Blademan »

website states player lockout

app states NO player lockout

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Misinfomation imop.

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

Hello, you're chatting with Shaun D . I'm here to help you with any questions you may have about The Sun.
3:39:32 PM
Me
REGARDING THE EURO DT GAME. i WASN'T QUITE SURE OF THE LOCKOUT RULE.
3:40:11 PM
Someone from live chat the other day said I can change a champions league player to a europa player in the same week. I s this true??. Not quite sure as the site is saying no lockouts what so ever. The advisor today was then saying players are locked until midnight thurs.
3:42:43 PM
Shaun D
Hi, Jude. Sorry for the delay there my computer went down temporarily. My apologies.
3:44:26 PM
I can certainly assist you with this today.
3:44:39 PM
So you are able to Jude, but only if that player hasn't played in that game week. Basically the same rules as in our Classic Game.
3:45:12 PM
So if the player hasn't played in that game week, you'll have no issues making that transfer.
3:45:35 PM
Does that make sense?
3:45:38 PM
Me
so messi playing on a tues cant be swapped for Ibrahimovic playing on the thurs in europa the same week, like the colleague 2 days ago told me. why is the site saying no lockouts then?
3:48:14 PM
Shaun D
As I say, if it is before the game has kicked off and it's only Tuesday morning that's fine, however, if it's Tuesday night and the game with 'Messi' in for example has already kicked off, you will not be able to.
3:48:43 PM
Also, if you go here https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/rules/ it says that there is transfer lock-out, so I don't know where you have seen that, Jude.
3:49:49 PM
Me
Is it possible to send me the transcript from the other day as I didn't save it?
3:50:15 PM
Shaun D
If you want the transcript, then I will send it over to you, yes. In order to do that for you today I just need to ask a few security questions. Please can you confirm your name, email address, post code and date of birth? Please can you also confirm the best contact telephone number for you?
3:51:10 PM
Me
3:52:20 PM
Shaun D
Thanks, please allow me 3 minutes.
3:52:33 PM
Would you want me to send it through this chat, or via email?
3:53:23 PM
Me
through this chat's fine
3:53:51 PM
Shaun D
4s ) Shaun D: Welcome to the Sun Live Chat service. Please note that all Live Chats are recorded for training purposes. Please wait and an Online Advisor will be with you soon.
( 15s ) Shaun D: Hello, you're chatting with Shaun D . I'm here to help you with any questions you may have about The Sun.
( 44s ) JUDE: Hi do you have the sun Dt euro rules?
( 1m 18s ) Shaun D: Hi, Jude. I can certainly inform you on what you need to know today regarding Sun Savers.
( 1m 23s ) Shaun D: What is it you'd like to know?
( 2m 1s ) JUDE: how many teams? how many transfers
( 2m 26s ) JUDE: any new rules. Is the game identical to last years?
( 3m 4s ) Shaun D: It's the same in regards to how many teams you can enter in to leagues.
( 3m 12s ) Shaun D: With each phase, you get five transfers to make to each team. These transfers do not carry over to the next phase – if you don’t use them before the next phase starts, you lose them.

Player lockout will exist within transfers, but players will only be locked from Tuesday-Thursday. This means that all players will be unlocked from Friday-Tuesday, before the first kick-off.
We will be taking player requests, but if a new player is announced in a line-up on a Wednesday, we won’t be adding them until the following week in order to ensure fair play.
( 5m 22s ) JUDE: so one can change a champions league player to a europa player in the same week? say Aguero tues/wed to ibrahimovic thurs
( 5m 53s ) Shaun D: That would be correct, Jude.
( 6m 40s ) JUDE: how many teams? is it a max of 10 to ensure a level playing field.
( 6m 50s ) Shaun D: That's correct, just as it is in the main game. We didn't tamper with that too much if at all.
( 7m 14s ) JUDE: cool. thnks and good day.
3:53:54 PM
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
3:53:59 PM
Me
as you can see that's not true.
3:54:47 PM
Shaun D
What do you mean, Jude? I just told you about the Transfer Lockout.
3:55:22 PM
Me
I mean the other days chat.
3:56:29 PM
Shaun D
Jude, I put in the other chat, and I quote ''Player lockout will exist within transfers, but players will only be locked from Tuesday-Thursday.''
3:56:58 PM
Me
5m 22s ) JUDE: so one can change a champions league player to a europa player in the same week? say Aguero tues/wed to ibrahimovic thurs
( 5m 53s ) Shaun D: That would be correct, Jude.
3:57:38 PM
Shaun D
I didn't see you put 'Wed' so basically, I still don't understand what you mean. You ARE able to make a transfer on a Tuesday as long as it's before the first kick off.
3:58:46 PM
I have told you the rules now, June, and did make a minor mistake but have amended it in our chat today. So is there anything else I can help you with today?
3:59:22 PM
Me
Aguero tues/wed to ibrahimovic thurs
3:59:46 PM
Shaun D
I have told you the rules now, Jude, and did make a minor mistake but have amended it in our chat today. So is there anything else I can help you with today?
3:59:56 PM
Me
ok.
4:00:08 PM
Shaun D

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blademan »

one of these will be right
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Blademan wrote:one of these will be right
What do you want Chris? clarity?

:lol:

jaycar25
FISOhead

Post by jaycar25 »

Backlash wrote:Having the 5 transfers gives you the ability to swap say 2/3 C/L players in week 1 to another 2/3 in week 2.

The 5 transfers will be very handy indeed to get the lottery of picking your other 8/9 Europa league players right.
Righto. It makes the game more of a challenge and potentially more a game of skill, compared to previous euro comps.

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blademan »

Backlash wrote:
What do you want Chris? clarity?

:lol:
it would be nice, but the last thing i'd expect

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

It shows how much fantasy football has gone downhill that people are saying there's no benefit to having transfers if there's a player lockout. What about the whole thing about scouting if a player is improving and transferring him in for a player who's not playing so well? In other words, being a fantasy football manager!

Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Post by Footy66 »

Where is the 2nd half of that attachment from?

The website is different:

TRANSFERS

Each team entered for the DTE Game will be allocated a total of 20 transfers to be used across the course of the Europe competition apart from the time of pre-scoring before 19:45 on Tuesday 14 February when there is unlimited transfer functionality.

This sentence alone sounds like we can use transfers 'across the course of the competition' - you would think that means you can use them anytime.

For each of the four phases of the Competition there will be permitted five transfers for each team. Each team will be credited with five transfers at the start of each phase. Any unused transfers upon completion of the phase will not be carried over to the next. So:

before 19:45 on Tuesday 14 February unlimited transfers
between 19:45 on Tuesday 14 February and 19:45 Sunday 26 February five transfers
between 00:00 on Monday 28th February and 19:45 Sunday 19 March five transfers
between 00:00 on Monday 20 March and 19.45 Sunday 23 April five transfers
between 00:00 on Monday 24 April and 19.45 Sunday 3 June five transfers

Also these transfer phases above go on until Sunday, but all the teams would have played by end of play on a Thursday so if there was a lockout then nobody would be able to make transfers as all players would be locked at kick off on a Thursday night. If they are mentioning you can do transfers up to Sunday are they saying transfers are not on a lockout?

Game weeks will run within a Europe phase & match the current classic game format. If games stick to the current schedule, Game weeks will start on a Tuesday, with the commencement of the first match & end after the last Europa league fixture on the Thursday of that week.

But then here they state that this Europe game will match the classic game in format, does that mean that transfers are locked?

It really would be nice if they had some common sense and actually had a sentence about player lockouts. You would have to assume not, as there is NO sentence anywhere stating lockouts as a rule. The closest they get to possibly saying there are lockouts is where they say that the format will match the classic game, but that doesn't make it clear whatsoever.

I came on FISO tonight to ask you guys about this, and here you are chatting about it, so we are all on the same page that Dream Team are again not clear on their own rules whatsoever.

It's so frustrating because I could be putting several teams together right now instead of trying to understand the ruddy rules, as I don't know what the actual rules are I have just entered 1 Free team.

Knowing if there is a lockout or not is pretty darn crucial.
Last edited by Footy66 on 02 Feb 2017, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Had a good look at the games and potential of teams, decided Athletic Bilbao was worth a few blocks.

Then went to the player list :(

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

They've removed player lockout from their Terms and Conditions!

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

grizzler wrote:They've removed player lockout from their Terms and Conditions!
Nice

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

Guess that clarifies everything. There will be no player lockout!

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

grizzler wrote:Guess that clarifies everything. There will be no player lockout!
Game weeks will run within a Europe phase & match the current classic game format. If games stick to the current schedule, Game weeks will start on a Tuesday, with the commencement of the first match & end after the last Europa league fixture on the Thursday of that week.

Managers will be able to reverse any transfer made up until the point any one of the two players involved in the transfer plays in an Eligible Match. At this point the transfer is locked and unable to be reversed. Managers will be able to remove more than one player at once.

are you sure :!:

Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Post by Footy66 »

grizzler wrote:Guess that clarifies everything. There will be no player lockout!
You would hope.

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

for clarity here are the rules for the classic game that will be matched in the euro game....

If you wish to make a transfer of a player out of your team and either that player’s Club, or the Club of the player you’re trying to transfer in, have not played an Eligible Match in that Game Week, then you may do so.

If any player’s Club have played an Eligible Match in that Game Week then they are ‘locked’ and cannot be moved in or out until the final match of the Game Week has ended.

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

Blademan wrote:website states player lockout

I think your avatar Blade sums up DT incompetence. I think the phrase rhymns with "clucking bell". "my old mans a mushroom" etc. shocking really how the biggest paying FF game in Britain, has clear as mud rules, no matter what the comp is :roll: Still love it though! :)

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Haven't lo Led at the rules yet, but is there a limit on the number of teams one can enter? Not that I will enter more than probably three.

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blademan »

Ashers wrote:Haven't lo Led at the rules yet, but is there a limit on the number of teams one can enter? Not that I will enter more than probably three.

it's 10 ashers

Blademan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blademan »

MADCHESTER UTD wrote:
Blademan wrote:website states player lockout

I think your avatar Blade sums up DT incompetence. I think the phrase rhymns with "clucking bell". "my old mans a mushroom" etc. shocking really how the biggest paying FF game in Britain, has clear as mud rules, no matter what the comp is :roll: Still love it though! :)
my only surprise is that anybody is surprised they've contradicted themselves

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

Reading this thread I've never been more confused.

In black and white terms if a team plays in the Champions league then is any player representing that club 'Locked' until the following game week?

Yes or No will suffice?

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Yes.

grizzler
FISOhead

Post by grizzler »

Just spoke to Debbie on Live Chat. There is a player lockout and apparently the app stating there's no player lockout is a mistake.

Just in case you weren't confused enough :mrgreen:

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Do we still pick 11 players?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Sorry but dont understand the confusion :shock:
Yes, they contradict in adverts and promotions and whatnot!! But they always do !! If you just go by the rules, game guidelines it seems pretty straight forward to me. Just like this years game, in a gameweek players will be locked when they start playing. Gameweeks tuesday to thursday.
Think its a much better format this year ( not as straight forward as last year..... Ronaldo to messi to lewandowski to a europa player with 2 games with euro blocks etc !! This year adds much more different ways of what could be the best way to plan your team, when to use transfers, if to use them on champ league players . Best to use on strikers/ defenders/ mids etc. Not saying i know best way at all but definitely much more food for thought than last year.... Have to say, im a bit gutted with no phase prizes this year though :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”