To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Europe Dream Team 2017

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
grizzler
FISOhead

Re: Europe Dream Team 2017

Post by grizzler »

I prefer the player lockout myself. I rather that transfers were used the old fashioned way, scouting and snaring the right players, rather than about trying to get 14 players a week.

Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Post by Footy66 »

Emailed them:

Got this reply:

-------------

If you check the rules for Dream Team Europe (click here), you will find the following paragraph:

Managers will be able to reverse any transfer made up until the point any one of the two players involved in the transfer plays in an Eligible Match. At this point the transfer is locked and unable to be reversed.

As such, transfers will be locked in once one of the players in question has participated in a football match, and unlocked again at the start of the following Game Week.

--------------

So he tells me that there is a player lockout like it seems now has been confirmed by others on here.....

But that quote he has referred to from the terms and conditions is not clear whatsoever. It says transfers are locked when a player plays in an eligible match, but it doesn't say when until. It doesn't say if it is just during that match, or if it's for the game week, or if it's for the whole tournament.

It would be better if the terms and conditions actually stated what he stated in the email which was:

"Transfers will be locked in once one of the players in question has participated in a football match, and unlocked again at the start of the following Game Week."

How hard would it be to write that into the terms and conditions?

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Footy66 wrote:Emailed them:

Got this reply:

-------------

If you check the rules for Dream Team Europe (click here), you will find the following paragraph:

Managers will be able to reverse any transfer made up until the point any one of the two players involved in the transfer plays in an Eligible Match. At this point the transfer is locked and unable to be reversed.

As such, transfers will be locked in once one of the players in question has participated in a football match, and unlocked again at the start of the following Game Week.

--------------

So he tells me that there is a player lockout like it seems now has been confirmed by others on here.....

But that quote he has referred to from the terms and conditions is not clear whatsoever. It says transfers are locked when a player plays in an eligible match, but it doesn't say when until. It doesn't say if it is just during that match, or if it's for the game week, or if it's for the whole tournament.

It would be better if the terms and conditions actually stated what he stated in the email which was:

"Transfers will be locked in once one of the players in question has participated in a football match, and unlocked again at the start of the following Game Week."

It says they are locked till the following game week in the red bit you highlighted :shock:

The Don
Red & Blue Braces

Post by The Don »

ronny10 wrote:

Got this reply:

-------------

--------------

It says they are locked till the following game week in the red bit you highlighted :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Got to be a contender for post of the year even at this early stage :D

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Not sure there is any coming back from this Footy :lol:

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

I'm really still not sure on this.

The T&C's have now changed on the main site (ATM) and the paragraph that footy shared (if it was only the one in italic) really doesn't say there is a lock out.
It only says if you make a transfer you're unable to reverse it if a player has played in that game week.(obviously)

If the following sentence was written by the advisor with his interpretation of the rules then that post is still inconclusive.

I think there will be a lockout but still not 100%

redmen82
FISOhead
FS Record: always last

Post by redmen82 »

Would this be good

Cl back 5 and el front 6. After first lock out swap back 5 to el. Phase 1 will contain 10 defenders games and 12 front six (front six have 2 games each) total of 22 games minus the odd player missing games due to the el lottery. In phase 2 start to bring cl players in

I never seem to get my tactics right in these games

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

I'd rather have more C/L midfielders and strikers then convert to Europa players.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

Backlash wrote:I'm really still not sure on this.

The T&C's have now changed on the main site (ATM) and the paragraph that footy shared (if it was only the one in italic) really doesn't say there is a lock out.
It only says if you make a transfer you're unable to reverse it if a player has played in that game week.(obviously)

If the following sentence was written by the advisor with his interpretation of the rules then that post is still inconclusive.

I think there will be a lockout but still not 100%
Your right dan it has changed, think this is because people didnt understand when it said player lockout runs from tuesday to thursday and they where getting bombarded with questions.
The first line of the new 'rules' says it though.....

Gameweeks will run within a europe phase and MATCH THE CURRENT CLASSIC GAME FORMAT. Which is wrong as theres no price fluctuation but presuming transfers work the same way!! Agree mate it could have been made more clear but obviously player lockout runs from tuesday to thursday wasnt clear enough. So theyve now made it crystal clear :P
Last edited by leethomas on 04 Feb 2017, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

The Don wrote:
ronny10 wrote:

Got this reply:

-------------

--------------

I understood you footy, it said the bottom bit in the e mail to you but they havnt put it in the rules :roll:

It does state now though as ive just replied to backlash, the gameweek will run within a europe phase and match the current classic game format. Which is wrong as theres no price fluctuation but presuming they mean transfer lockout as the same.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Yeah crystal clear Lee :)

They've probably left it like that as they will wait to see how the software ends up working.

Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Post by Footy66 »

leethomas wrote:
The Don wrote:
ronny10 wrote:

Got this reply:

-------------

--------------

I understood you footy, it said the bottom bit in the e mail to you but they havnt put it in the rules :roll:

It does state now though as ive just replied to backlash, the gameweek will run within a europe phase and match the current classic game format. Which is wrong as theres no price fluctuation but presuming they mean transfer lockout as the same.

:lol:

At least someone understands.

The bit in italic is quoted from the terms and conditions, the bit below it is written by the person who sent the email. I'm surprised the people who mis-read my post didn't realise that - as surely they have read the T&C's themselves.

They could do with putting the line from the email in the T&C's.

jaycar25
FISOhead
FS Record: Could be better!

Post by jaycar25 »

Can one make transfers at the end of the europa league second legs?, b4 the next phase.
Not quite sure why the phase ends on the 26th feb, starts on the 27th feb if the europa legs finish on the 23rd feb.
Just thought this might be a point worth noting, and if anyone knows the answer? :?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

jaycar25 wrote:Can one make transfers at the end of the europa league second legs?, b4 the next phase.
Not quite sure why the phase ends on the 26th feb, starts on the 27th feb if the europa legs finish on the 23rd feb.
Just thought this might be a point worth noting, and if anyone knows the answer? :?
In theory I suppose

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”