To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Europe Dream Team 2016

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Re: Europe Dream Team 2016

Post by bloggie »

Cool. Nice going getting second there. Europa is on the 18th and Champions League on the 28th.

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Post by Walter Bishop »

RickyRosa wrote:7th overall
27th for Phase 3
1st FISO paid league
Nice going Ricky, I have been keeping an eye on your Team this week and thinking things couldn't have gone much better for you :) Listened to The Real Madrid game and thought Modric might have got Star Man which would have been a bonus. Probably can't get the win as that Team at the top is looking strong but Second is looking very possible now. You must be living life with an Uncontrollable Smile on your face at the moment :D There's a nice break now until the Finals to give you time to savour the Moment. Enjoy Mate :)

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

bloggie wrote:Cool. Nice going getting second there. Europa is on the 18th and Champions League on the 28th.
Thanks. Very impressive phase 2 and 3 scores by yourself. Big gap between EL final and CL final :!:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I've just been doing some early prep for Euro 2016 this morning and it looks like Gameiro won't even make the France squad :!: :!: :!:

Whilst the likes of Giroud will :shock: :shock: :shock:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

Walter Bishop wrote:
27th for Phase 3
1st FISO paid league
Nice going Ricky, I have been keeping an eye on your Team this week and thinking things couldn't have gone much better for you :) Listened to The Real Madrid game and thought Modric might have got Star Man which would have been a bonus. Probably can't get the win as that Team at the top is looking strong but Second is looking very possible now. You must be living life with an Uncontrollable Smile on your face at the moment :D There's a nice break now until the Finals to give you time to savour the Moment. Enjoy Mate :)
You know something Walt, I'd just like to say thank you for all your support.

I have a bitch of a job which is really stressful and competitve and to be frank just not very nice (but it pays the bills) and is often the first and last thing I think about in the day but DT serves as a welcome distraction, your post made me think you know what Walt is right I should be buzzing! And made the conscious decision to lighten up a bit and be a bit more cheerful, thank you mate.

Slightly concerned with the Pool blocks being able to catch me and intend on checking every team in top 100 to see if it's possible to lose my top ten position (a brief analysis would suggest I have too many points for this to be possible even if they keep a clean sheet V Sevilla and Real don't).

However, am pretty excited that I do have the potential to climb the league even further, whilst I think top 3 may be a bridge to far I certingly think top 5 is a distinct possibility...

Though, need everything to go my way (which to be fair it has up to now, even the Villa Real exit was a blessing in disguise(surprising the amount of teams with Bakambu).

Need everyone to start (including Klodz the Sevilla defender, anyone know why he wasn't even in the squad)? And for Benzema to stay injured....

One thing for sure is the finals are going to be exciting!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote:
Walter Bishop wrote:
27th for Phase 3
1st FISO paid league

I have a bitch of a job which is really stressful and competitve and to be frank just not very nice (but it pays the bills) and is often the first and last thing I think about in the day but DT serves as a welcome distraction, your post made me think you know what Walt is right I should be buzzing! And made the conscious decision to lighten up a bit and be a bit more cheerful, thank you mate.

Slightly concerned with the Pool blocks being able to catch me and intend on checking every team in top 100 to see if it's possible to lose my top ten position (a brief analysis would suggest I have too many points for this to be possible even if they keep a clean sheet V Sevilla and Real don't).

However, am pretty excited that I do have the potential to climb the league even further, whilst I think top 3 may be a bridge to far I certingly think top 5 is a distinct possibility...

Though, need everything to go my way (which to be fair it has up to now, even the Villa Real exit was a blessing in disguise(surprising the amount of teams with Bakambu).

Need everyone to start (including Klodz the Sevilla defender, anyone know why he wasn't even in the squad)? And for Benzema to stay injured....

One thing for sure is the finals are going to be exciting!
I still think you can overtake me - kroos starman, modric and kolo ratings gives 14 extra points I can't get. That's without taking into account a Seville cleansheet or Modric/Kroos goal. A red card for Ramos in the final also isn't completely out of the question given his awful disciplinary record and the fact it's a Madrid derby in a CL final (sure to be heated!)

Best of luck mate! I certainly think you will overtake the 2 teams directly above you because they're carrying lot of dead players so top 5 is on :)

dingram041
Dumbledore
FS Record: I've won a lot but proud to have been 7 balled my friend Milan Gajic. RIP xx

Post by dingram041 »

Only found out I had a free team a few mins before Liverpools first game.....slammed that team together and now find myself in 95th....not bad for an after afterthought :D. I'm chilled, anywhere from 99th upwards will be happily accepted. Good luck to you lot for the real big money :mrgreen:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

[/quote]

I still think you can overtake me - kroos starman, modric and kolo ratings gives 14 extra points I can't get. That's without taking into account a Seville cleansheet or Modric/Kroos goal. A red card for Ramos in the final also isn't completely out of the question given his awful disciplinary record and the fact it's a Madrid derby in a CL final (sure to be heated!)

Best of luck mate! I certainly think you will overtake the 2 teams directly above you because they're carrying lot of dead players so top 5 is on :)[/quote]

What makes it sweeter is that one of the teams above me is managed by Sandor!

I think I can and will catch them, I think also the third place team will drop down the table, however, I am very vulnerable to the 8th place team who has a few differentials such as Benzema.

It's all going to depend upon a few key players as you point out, however, whilst Ramos could be a liability, he also scored goals, you just never know, you could argue that Pepe also could get sent off.

Not sure whether Kroos will get star man again either!!! Though, as you say Block, if either Kroos or Moderic get a goal anything can happen.

I personally think your top 3 spot is locked in, your looking strong and whilst it's possible for you to be caught you have the points on the board.

Bloggies got me worried, a little, just in case some Liverpool block comes from now where with a sturridge hatrick or something, though, Super Kev ain't let us down yet...

I'm not sure if it's worth me doing the analysis I mention above because at this point is academic, I can't do anything to effect or change things now, though, bs interesting to see if all the teams above me have Super Kev, I know it won't be popular amongst Pool fans but I can see Sevilla doing it for the third time!

If this happens, maybe even first place is a possibility for you!????

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote:

Best of luck mate! I certainly think you will overtake the 2 teams directly above you because they're carrying lot of dead players so top 5 is on :)
What makes it sweeter is that one of the teams above me is managed by Sandor!

I think I can and will catch them, I think also the third place team will drop down the table, however, I am very vulnerable to the 8th place team who has a few differentials such as Benzema.

It's all going to depend upon a few key players as you point out, however, whilst Ramos could be a liability, he also scored goals, you just never know, you could argue that Pepe also could get sent off.

Not sure whether Kroos will get star man again either!!! Though, as you say Block, if either Kroos or Moderic get a goal anything can happen.

I personally think your top 3 spot is locked in, your looking strong and whilst it's possible for you to be caught you have the points on the board.

Bloggies got me worried, a little, just in case some Liverpool block comes from now where with a sturridge hatrick or something, though, Super Kev ain't let us down yet...

I'm not sure if it's worth me doing the analysis I mention above because at this point is academic, I can't do anything to effect or change things now, though, bs interesting to see if all the teams above me have Super Kev, I know it won't be popular amongst Pool fans but I can see Sevilla doing it for the third time!

If this happens, maybe even first place is a possibility for you!????
First place almost has me completely covered + extras so seems out of reach. Really needed Bale to have kept the goal the other day to have had even the slightest chance.

These full Real Madrid blocks are making me very nervous indeed - if Gameiro/Bale both blank and Real get the cleansheet then I could drop a few places so don't think top 3 is locked in. A Banega goal would also cause chaos :!:

Someone mentioned earlier that it isn't worth having a 3/5 block - I would now suggest the same for a 4/5 block even if the last defender is a cheap enabler. Learnt a lot of valuable lessons for the Euro 2016 game :)

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

As I said there's only 3 Liv blocks in top 100. Dazza getting 95th even without Ronaldo. Sevilla's Mr Klod must be due a return and star performance.
Just to add some atmosphere here's a clip and Steve can be Clint and Sandor and Neil the other two.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

bloggie wrote:As I said there's only 3 Liv blocks in top 100. Dazza getting 95th even without Ronaldo. Sevilla's Mr Klod must be due a return and star performance.
Just to add some atmosphere here's a clip and Steve can be Clint and Sandor and Neil the other two.
Haha love it :D

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Me too!'

Bags I being the "bad" one, after all, nice guys come last....(also to pretty to be the Ugly which means Sandor takes that dubious honour),

In other news both Bale and Navas are injured for tomorrow's game! Bad beat, still time for them to recover though...

Hope they do...

The Real blocks are only a risk if Resl keep s clean sheet Block, personally think you will be ok (assuming Bake is back from injury!)

Walter Bishop
FISOhead
FS Record: 4th Phase 1 European DT 2016(Don't ask me how) :)Won Knockout Cup 15/16. 1st Fiso Mini League. 46th Euros 2016. 83rd Overall 2016/17 Sun DT.

Post by Walter Bishop »

RickyRosa wrote:
Walter Bishop wrote:
27th for Phase 3
1st FISO paid league

Need everyone to start (including Klodz the Sevilla defender, anyone know why he wasn't even in the squad)!
Defender Timothee Kolodziejczak is a doubt after suffering a blow to the head in the Espanyol match. That was for the Shakhtar game but looks like he is back in for todays game.

Your welcome mate. I feel the same way about Dt being a nice distraction from my job( especially when I'm flying high in one of the games :D )

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Do you really think I can get as far as second Walt?

Think it's a tall order personally with Benzema being back and Gareth injured, Carvajal and Moderic didn't even make the squad today...

Though, I suppose with a tail wind, Super Kev getting a goal against the pool, Klodz being back in the team and if Mr Bale does recover in time (who wants to miss the CL final)! anything is possible....

Just wondering if you really do think I have a realistic chance? Every time I analyse it I end up confused! Think I'm very biased but also think I'm suffering from Raneri Syndrome and whilst I don't want to get ahead of myself and feel deflated after the Final if say I get 7th or 8th as that's still quite some achievement but a bit like Leicester eventually had to start believing it's possible I just wonder if I'm being to cautious and if a top 5 finish (would ideally love top 4 as that's where the big money's at) is possible?

Walter Bishop
FISOhead

Post by Walter Bishop »

RickyRosa wrote:Do you really think I can get as far as second Walt?

Think it's a tall order personally with Benzema being back and Gareth injured, Carvajal and Moderic didn't even make the squad today...

Though, I suppose with a tail wind, Super Kev getting a goal against the pool, Klodz being back in the team and if Mr Bale does recover in time (who wants to miss the CL final)! anything is possible....

Just wondering if you really do think I have a realistic chance? Every time I analyse it I end up confused! Think I'm very biased but also think I'm suffering from Raneri Syndrome and whilst I don't want to get ahead of myself and feel deflated after the Final if say I get 7th or 8th as that's still quite some achievement but a bit like Leicester eventually had to start believing it's possible I just wonder if I'm being to cautious and if a top 5 finish (would ideally love top 4 as that's where the big money's at) is possible?
I do Ricky but obviously things are going to have to go your way, but you are now only competing with a handful of players compared to the Thousands of players from earlier in the game.
Looking at the Teams around you Ramos, Banega and Benzema seem to be your threats but you have Modric ( who was training today along with Carvajal (Bale training alone) http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2016/ ... -the-group) Kroos and Kolo, so you have enough differentials to gain the points needed. I can see you overtaking the two teams above you as they have quite a few players already eliminated ( but have to hope they have used their ETs :?: same with the Chaps above you ) This will leave you four others to compete with. This then leaves it down to the results of both finals. I'm thinking You need Real to win but also for them to concede, cancelling out the Ramos C/S and then potentially giving you good ratings for both Kroos and Modric and Sevilla to Win to nil with Gameiro scoring and so you gain the extra 5 points for Kolos C/S. There must also be plenty of other outcomes which could benefit you too, like no Kolo C/S but he scores.
Like you say it is a bit confusing but that's down to us not knowing the results and who scores, assists, who gains good ratings , bookings, sending offs, Clean Sheets , Star Men and who even plays. But potentially you have enough different players to gain the ground needed which has to be a good thing. We could write for hours on the possible outcomes and who scores/loses how many points but you definitely have the Players needed to climb higher. And like you say with a Tail Wind even up to Second :D

Good Luck Mate :)

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

To late to type a huge reply, suffice to say I got man love for Walt!!!

The above is exactly how I analysed it! Especially Real conceding! Nullifying the complete block advantage, unlikely I know as playing Athletico but a 3 2 win would be nice so with a Ramos booking!!!

Moderic and Kroos with the assists of course...,

Super Kev going to do it next Wednesday, I'm sure of that!

To be honest just want to get the Europa final done and can't wait got the champions league final, going to be an amazing night!

Thank you Walt for your time and analysis, genuinely appreciated!

Starting to believe it's possible now, you know what they say if you think you can....

Positive mental attitude for the win!!!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

DT Europe definitely on my mind too much at the moment - last night I dreamt there was a 3rd place playoff between Villareall and Shakhtar :shock: :D

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I know it sounds stupid now but I assumed at the end of phase 2 that 3rd place play off was the norm!

Bit like the World Cup

It was only when I couldn't find the fixtures that I realised it wasn't the case.

I try not to think of it to much, the 28th of May feels like ages away.

Really do hope Klodz plays on Wednesday and Seville keep a CS

Edit...

Just saw he started the last game but they lost 4 1

Yikes!

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote:I know it sounds stupid now but I assumed at the end of phase 2 that 3rd place play off was the norm!

Bit like the World Cup

It was only when I couldn't find the fixtures that I realised it wasn't the case.

I try not to think of it to much, the 28th of May feels like ages away.

Really do hope Klodz plays on Wednesday and Seville keep a CS

Edit...

Just saw he started the last game but they lost 4 1

Yikes!
Kolo and Coke both sent off today :!:

I have no idea if this will put them in the managers' bad books for the final on Wednesday with today being an end of season dead rubber.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Double yikes!!!!

Could it get any worse???

Lost their last 3 La Liga games now...

Will they Kolo and Coke both be banned anyway now?

Not sure how it works?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

It's different competition so no ban.

Not surprised with their la liga form - they're also in the Spanish Cup final so Gamiero has been rested for the other competitions.

Banega also rested today so he will be fresh for Wednesday :(

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

im not to worried about Benega, I'm not quite sure why as I appreciate the damage he could inflict on our sides, though, have a good feeling....

Maybe it's just my positive attitude (think that is important now that we both think positive) think Super Kev will get one in a low scoring final, am hoping Klod makes team and keeps that all important clean sheet....

One thing for sure Block is that it will be a edge of the seat night with us both willing Benega to blank and Seville to win!

Can't wait for the CL final!!! Ronnie came iff half time but even if he is injured it will effect everyone equally...just want to consolidate my position in league after EL final and then wait for my differentials to make a difference in CL final

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Anyone know the rules reguarding CS and extra time?

I.E if there is a nil nil after 90 minutes but a team concede in extra time do they forfeit the CS bonus?

leethomas
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: mini cup winner, joint top overall Euro phase winner 15/16, runner up fiso weekly league 15/16 16/17 weekly winner 16/17 2k head to head winner 16/17 fiso iso league winner 16/17 lwdt hardly mr average winner 16/17

Post by leethomas »

RickyRosa wrote:Anyone know the rules reguarding CS and extra time?

I.E if there is a nil nil after 90 minutes but a team concede in extra time do they forfeit the CS bonus?
Yeah mate, extra time counts towards clean sheet, so if concede 3 goals in ex time it's extra minus 2, pens don't count.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Thank you Lee.

Just makes Klodz job of getting a CS even harder!!

Fingers crossed for Sevilla 1 Nil, Klodz to start and Super Kev to get the goal.

They are all Liverpool fans in work, it's all they keep going on about...I came out today as a Sevilla fan!!! In one of the guys words "why an earth are you supporting a Spanish team".

I mention my DT and he responded "your not going to win anything are you".....

I just smirked and bit my tongue!!!

Walter Bishop
FISOhead

Post by Walter Bishop »

Good Luck Ricky.

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

Walter Bishop wrote:Good Luck Ricky.

Brilliant !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...good luck !

Ex-Pro-Gaffer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 17th Overall SDT 19/20
Winner King Of The Weekender Fiso League 16/17 + 18/19 + 19/20
Winner Xmas Fiso League 16/17
Winner Budget Up 16/17
2nd Fiso Euro Comp 16/17

Post by Ex-Pro-Gaffer »

ex-pro-gaffer wrote:
Walter Bishop wrote:Good Luck Ricky.

Brilliant !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...good luck !
probs a good job kolo not playing, im going liverpool 3-0

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Sevilla 33/1 to miss a pen :!:

There's your insurance bet Ricky 8-)

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

FML!!!

Time for Super Kev to step up....

(Loving the pic Walt!)

Liverpool are all over them! Just had a goal disallowed for Pool as well!

C'mon Super Kev

One Time!!!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”