To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Europe Dream Team - Strategy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
grizzler
FISOhead

Re: Europe Dream Team - Strategy

Post by grizzler »

Damn I don't have a Chelsea block so I need PSG to score, preferrably not Ibrahimovic as so many people have him.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Ashers wrote:
Maldini wrote:Observant as ever Dot.

He's got Sturridge...who won't play if Rogers has any sense.

I've not bothered entering any. If they can't be arsed to publish a decent player list then I can't be arsed to give them my money.

Entry was free if you are a Sun Plus member.
I've been bombarded with emails for Sun+ membership with 6 teams included for £9.99. Got another email today with the added bonus of a £20 Amazon voucher so decided to enter some teams. Logged on. Saw the player lists. Didn't bother.

Last years CL finalists have two defenders listed. :lol:

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I've been burnt time and time again with Europa League teams not taking it seriously. Have avoided falling into that trap in some of my teams.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Backlash wrote:
Ashers wrote:
grizzler wrote:
Backlash wrote:2 Champions league games and 4 Europa games in the first phase, surely having 8/9 Europa players was the way to go?
Or have I read the rules wrong :oops:
I'm surprised more people didn't realise this. In phase 1 and 2, theres more games in the Europa League, I have 6 different full blocks and this as my front 6:

Shaqiri
Sterling
De Bruyne
Lukaku
Gervinho
Higuain

I was hoping everyone would get caught up in the Ronadlo Messi Neymar glamour of the Champions League, and going by the selection rate, most people have.
That's only the case if your Europa teams qualify.
The Champion League teams also need to qualify Ashers...
If your Champions league team win or lose you have 2 games in the first two phases.
If your Europa team loses their Ist game they only have 2 games in the same period.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

grizzler wrote:Damn I don't have a Chelsea block so I need PSG to score, preferrably not Ibrahimovic as so many people have him.

Who would pick Ibrahimovic if you fancy Chelsea?

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Blanc's half-Time team talk.

BREAK HAZARDS LEG.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

sleuth wrote:
Backlash wrote:
Ashers wrote:
grizzler wrote:
Backlash wrote:2 Champions league games and 4 Europa games in the first phase, surely having 8/9 Europa players was the way to go?
I'm surprised more people didn't realise this. In phase 1 and 2, theres more games in the Europa League, I have 6 different full blocks and this as my front 6:

Shaqiri
Sterling
De Bruyne
Lukaku
Gervinho
Higuain

I was hoping everyone would get caught up in the Ronadlo Messi Neymar glamour of the Champions League, and going by the selection rate, most people have.
That's only the case if your Europa teams qualify.
If your Champions league team win or lose you have 2 games in the first two phases.
If your Europa team loses their Ist game they only have 2 games in the same period.
And if any players from Roma, Everton, Napoli, Liverpool.... I could go on! qualify they will get 4 games.

Thats why with 6 teams you can allow for 1 or 2 being knocked out

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Maldini wrote:
Ashers wrote:
Maldini wrote:Observant as ever Dot.

He's got Sturridge...who won't play if Rogers has any sense.

I've not bothered entering any. If they can't be arsed to publish a decent player list then I can't be arsed to give them my money.

Entry was free if you are a Sun Plus member.
I've been bombarded with emails for Sun+ membership with 6 teams included for £9.99. Got another email today with the added bonus of a £20 Amazon voucher so decided to enter some teams. Logged on. Saw the player lists. Didn't bother.

Last years CL finalists have two defenders listed. :lol:

Observant as ever. Player lists were accessible without your purchase.

Well done your a hero. You have made 100 pct profit then paying a tenner and getting a score in return, but to spend with Amazon.

Z ZZ ZZZ ZZZZ

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

grizzler wrote:

Shaqiri
Sterling
De Bruyne
Lukaku
Gervinho
Higuain

Truly awful strategy when you have 8 transfers to burn.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

CBN wrote:
grizzler wrote:

Shaqiri
Sterling
De Bruyne
Lukaku
Gervinho
Higuain

8 is not enough, you will see the cold light of day in phase 2 :wink:

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

My team for what its worth.....just took 10 mins of tinkering

Howard 3
Baines 3.5
Stones 2
Ivanovic 3.5
Terry 4
Hazard 6.5
Sterling 4.5
Griezmann 3.5
Messi 7.5
Ronaldo 7.5
Higuain 4.5

& just as i'm postin this tonto has destroyed my chelsea cs :lol: :lol:
Last edited by lfc71 on 17 Feb 2015, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Backlash wrote:
CBN wrote:
grizzler wrote:

Shaqiri
Sterling
De Bruyne
Lukaku
Gervinho
Higuain

8 is not enough, you will see the cold light of day in phase 2 :wink:

Whether 8 is enough or not, that strategy is abject. For example, he could have Ronaldo and Messi for two games each rather than Gervinho for four games, using just 3 transfers. Mind blowing.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Backlash wrote:
You missed the point, Europa Cup teams only have four games if they qualify in this phase.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Red card for Alonso.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

99.9% Will have Messi and Ronaldo regardless, look at the 1st phase where there is 1 champions league game and 2 Europa, as you said 8 transfers is plenty so if you picked wisely any of your Europa teams that do not qualify you will be able to transfer them out to other Europa players (guaranteed another 2 games)

Maybe I have thought a little too much about this! Good luck in this regardless!

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Ashers wrote:
Backlash wrote:
You missed the point, Europa Cup teams only have four games if they qualify in this phase.
And the Champions league have 2?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Backlash wrote:
Ashers wrote:
Backlash wrote:

Yes, so a Champions League team keeping two clean sheets could be worth more than say a Spurs block going out or conceding in all three of the four games. You Know the starting lineup and have an advantage.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Anyway, come on the Robben winner!

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Ashers wrote:
Backlash wrote:
Ashers wrote:
Backlash wrote:

Yes, so a Champions League team keeping two clean sheets could be worth more than say a Spurs block going out or conceding in all three of the four games. You Know the starting lineup and have an advantage.
And conversely Roma, Liverpool, Everton may also keep a clean sheet? After all they may have 4 chances.
How's the Chelsea 1 going?
Time will tell, I did 1 team loaded with Champions league players too, just incase....

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

CBN wrote:Anyway, come on the Robben winner!
Sweet

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

I forgot just how poor the standard of refereeing is in Europe.

How the eff Markovic can be given a red and a 3 game ban for tickling someone's face who feigns injury, compared to what he has let go in this game at PSG tonight.

Verratti should of had several reds so far, and eventually gets a yellow for a studs up ankle breaker lunge.

Hazard will be blacker than Ramirez in bruises the time this games ends.

Refs are frightened to brandish cards it would seem PSG have got away with murder cards-wise.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Ashers wrote:
Backlash wrote:
Ashers wrote:You Know the starting lineup and have an advantage.
Transfers as I understood it were applicable before kick off on every match day, the only prob will be if there are early Euopa games ie Russia :evil:

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Then I think you've misunderstood how transfers work chief. The XI you have is locked in for this week.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Backlash wrote:
Ashers wrote:
Backlash wrote:
Ashers wrote:You Know the starting lineup and have an advantage.
Transfers as I understood it were applicable before kick off on every match day, the only prob will be if there are early Euopa games ie Russia :evil:
Not the way I read it, transfers are locked in for the week now.

However, new teams can be entered still.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

CBN wrote:Then I think you've misunderstood how transfers work chief. The XI you have is locked in for this week.
Are you sure?

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Backlash wrote:99.9% Will have Messi and Ronaldo regardless, look at the 1st phase where there is 1 champions league game and 2 Europa, as you said 8 transfers is plenty so if you picked wisely any of your Europa teams that do not qualify you will be able to transfer them out to other Europa players (guaranteed another 2 games)

Maybe I have thought a little too much about this! Good luck in this regardless!
I'm with you on this. I'm very surprised you're in the minority. Especially on this forum.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Stoneybatter wrote:
Backlash wrote:99.9% Will have Messi and Ronaldo regardless, look at the 1st phase where there is 1 champions league game and 2 Europa, as you said 8 transfers is plenty so if you picked wisely any of your Europa teams that do not qualify you will be able to transfer them out to other Europa players (guaranteed another 2 games)

I'm with you on this. I'm very surprised you're in the minority. Especially on this forum.
I'm going to bed it's me vs 100 tonight :?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Bayern Munich blocks take the advantage, now will be interesting to see what these blocks do next.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Ashers wrote:Bayern Munich blocks take the advantage, now will be interesting to see what these blocks do next.
Well, yes and no. Are there going to be many out there without Bayern players in the front six too?

the doc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2012 Champion John Morrison Elite FA Cup

Post by the doc »

I might be missing something as well but i'm with backlash on this....gone with 7 europa players and 4 champions league players.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”