To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Europe Dream Team - Strategy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on European fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.
CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Re: Europe Dream Team - Strategy

Post by CBN »

DREAM TEAM
JUVENTUS: Buffon 7, Lichtsteiner 6, Barzagli 7, Bonucci 7, Evra 6 (Coman 4), Vidal 7 (Pereya 5), Pirlo 6, Pogba 7, Marchisio 6, Tevez 6, Morata 7 (Llorente 4).
BARCELONA: Ter Stegen 6, Alves 8, Pique 7, Mascherano 7, Alba 7, Rakitic 7 (Mathieu 4), Busquets 7, STAR MAN INIESTA 8 (Xavi 5), Messi 8, Suarez 8 (Pedro 4), Neymar 7.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Dot would have won the phase with almost any other star man:(

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Mini Leagues also ran :(

Post by Edmondson »

1 Mark Adcock The Equalizers 4 155
2 Mark Lawlor DOT 1 149

Very unlucky once again Dot. Always next season :wink:

Footy66
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2x Weekly Mini League Winner 2010-2011, 1 x WDT top 100 2011-2012.

Post by Footy66 »

Unlucky Dot - Suarez deserved star man - you should complain. :D

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Footy66 wrote:Unlucky Dot - should have entered your Dad.
I don't like my dad so not a chance of that. Also I don't cheat at the game, unlike urself :wink:

Dodgy MOM robbed me of £2 grand, especially when the Sun marked 3 other players with same Mark which would of won it for me. Yet I didn't expect to win once Barca conceded so never really got excited. I had to laugh when Iniesta got MOM Sod's law.

It's not all doom and gloom though.
Suzykins gave me a 9/1 tip at Newcastle tonight that won, I had two winners today at 25/1 & 20/1 ridden by Dobbs and last but not least I backed the Barca front 3 in 3/1 score casts to be either ist or last goalscorer, so got 70/1 on Neymars tap in, so I've made my own runner up consolation prize.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Footy66 wrote:Unlucky Dot - Suarez deserved star man - you should complain. :D

You know what Footy, maybe that ain't such a bad idea seeing as what I'm reading in the Sun now.

HEADLINES

KING LUIS III Luis fires Barca to Treble dreamland

LUIS SUAREZ got his teeth into Juventus — to fire Barcelona to Champions League glory.

The ex-Liverpool ace, banned three times for biting, struck as the Spaniards secured their fifth European crown.

He said: “This is a dream. When you come to a club like Barca, you know you are here to win.

“And to score a goal was unforgettable.”

He started the season as a football pariah following his total ban from football for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.

But he is now the toast of Europe after his Berlin heroics.

He added: “To win these trophies you have to suffer.

LUIS SUAREZ inspired Barcelona to victory in the Champions League final in Berlin to complete the treble.seems to me SUAREZ is STARMAN from this headline and clearly states and prints as much below and this is the updated report on the game

And here is how the other Barca players rated as they lifted the biggest trophy in European football for the fifth time.

M.A. TER STEGEN

Only plays in cup games and failed to hold Tevez’s shot to leave Morata with an easy finish. Looked overawed at times. 6

DANI ALVES

Neat nutmeg on Vidal showed just how much the Brazilian full-back was bossing things on the right early on. 8

GERARD PIQUE

Rarely troubled before the break but suddenly under pressure in the second half before his team-mates resumed normal service. 7

JAVIER MASCHERANO

Jaw-droppingly sloppy start by the Argie but recovered quickly and he hardly put a foot wrong for Barca after that. 7

JORDI ALBA

Juve’s inability to keep the ball enabled the left-back to get down the flank and attack the Italians time and time again. 7

IVAN RAKITIC

Cesc who? Cool finish to a sensational move for the opener by Croatian, who won Europa League with Sevilla a year ago. 7

SERGIO BUSQUETS

Nothing sensational but kept the ball moving in his usual effortless style, the conductor making sure the orchestra is playing. 7

ANDREA INIESTA

First player to provide assists in three Champions League finals. Boy are Barca going to miss him once he has to go. 8

LIONEL MESSI

For once he did not destroy the opposition with his runs but still had a major influence with a hand in everything. 8

LUIS SUAREZ

STAR MAN. :shock: :shock: Never gave up and was rewarded with the goal that justified the £75m Liverpool received for him last summer. Booked. 8

NEYMAR

Harshly penalised for a goal that he headed off his own arm. But had a smile on his face as he stroked in Barca’s third. 7

SUBSTITUTES

XAVI (Iniesta 78): Exits Barca on a high. 5

MATHIEU (Rakatic 90): Wasted time. 4

PEDRO (Suarez 90) Time killer. 4

REFEREE: Cuneyt Cakir. Did well enough

JUVENTUS gave it their all but in the end were no match for Barcelona.

But here is how the Old Lady’s players rated in Berlin.

GIANLUIGI BUFFON

Great save to deny Alves in the first half and Suarez shortly after the break but could do nothing for the goals. 7

STEPHAN LICHTSTEINER

Very fortunate not to give away a penalty at 1-0 down when the ball clearly hit his outstretched arm. Played well enough otherwise. 6

ANDREA BARZAGLI

Being Giorgio Chiellini’s replacement was always a tough call but he did well when Barca suddenly broke through in numbers. 7

LEONARDO BONUCCI

Caught out for the early goal but used experience to keep Barca at bay for a while, even when Messi was coming at him at speed. 7

MORE FROM BERLIN

SUAREZ: I HAD TO SUFFER FOR THIS

POGBA PAIN AT REF ‘MISTAKES’

STEVEN HOWARD’S MATCH REPORT

BARCELONA: HOW THEY RATED

PATRICE EVRA

The Frenchman’s fifth Champions League final started unconvincingly but improved steadily, as his team did overall. 6

ARTURO VIDAL

Looked on a mission to get sent off early on but the Pitbull recovered to play the game he was supposed to deliver. Booked. 7

ANDREA PIRLO

Juve’s hopes depended so much on the coolest man in football pulling the strings from deep — but it did not happen. 6

PAUL POGBA

The much-hyped ex-Man Utd man had one bad foul on Messi but looked more like the part when striding forward. Booked. 7

CLAUDIO MARCHISIO

Close with a long-ranger and on target with another. Great back-heel to put Barca on the back foot for the equaliser. 6

CARLOS TEVEZ

Very quiet start from the Argentinian but was finally able to unleash a shot that the keeper could not hold on to for the leveller. 6

ALVARO MORATA

Was always Juve’s most likely scorer and kept his cool to slot home the goal that rocked Barca early in the second half. 7

SUBSTITUTES

PEREYRA (Vidal 79): On to make sure Vidal did not get sent off after all. 5

LLORENTE (Morata 85): No impact. 4

COMAN (Evra 89): No real time to get involved in game. 4
Last edited by sleuth on 07 Jun 2015, 15:04, edited 8 times in total.

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

You couldn't make this up. Sun website report, loads of headlines on Suarez, so they give him starman. Someone somewhere saw fit to give it to Iniesta. Isn't it paper or website match report that usually wins?

So you've won the £2k Dot....??

Points were updated so need fixing. Ouchy for the original named winner of Phase 4. A prize hasn't been whipped away that fast from someone since Footy snr :P

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Wait till they send an email to dot saying they never retrospectively amend the points ;)

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

I went down early to buy today's Sun (£1 extortionate)

Back page headline.

"KING LUIS"
Barca biter's champion league win.

Inside back page is a double page spread by Steven Howard (chief sports writer for the Sun)

His headline-HUNGER STRIKE, Chewy Luis tastes glory.

Double page match report.

On the left hand page from top to bottom of the page in big summary are the Juventus ratings. Identical to the ones with identical comments as earlier in this thread.

On the right hand page from top to bottom of the page big summary of the Barcelona ratings. Identical to the ones with identical comments as earlier in this thread.

The STARMAN CLEARLY IS SUAREZ , as it is on their webpage.

Will I be complaining? You bet.

I've lost count of the times their Twitter MOTM has changed this season later not to mention the 17 ratings changes they gave in 2 Champions leGue matches a few months back as well as Benteke being changed to Starman from Grealish the following day.

And I did complain to David Watkins on these changes without reply.

The difference this time is for me that clearly their MOTM in their paper is SUAREZ alongside their headlines being all about SUAREZ and on their webpage it is Suarez.

Someone hastily stuck up onTwitter iniesta MOTM and even had the temerity to put agree?
Like he wasn't even sure himself.

9h
Dream Team ✔ @dreamteamfc
#UCLfinal STAR MAN is Andres Iniesta.

Agree?
ExpandReplyRetweetFavorite

Then updated the tables and went home.

I think I have a good case here.

Fwiw Mirrors MOTM was a joint highest Mark to Messi & Suarez and the mails was Busquets.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

As an aside;

Chewy Luis is quality. I bet they've been hanging on to that hoping one day he'll sign for Chelsea or Everton.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Zimmerman wrote:Wait till they send an email to dot saying they never retrospectively amend the points ;)
The difference in this case is their headlines are all about Suarez. Their Starman clearly in their paper that has gone out to millions today is Suarez, likewise their Starman on the web clearly is Suarez
The ratings are identical to the ones updated on their table difference being Iniesta gets the Starman.

If I had to take that to the gambling commission I think it gets changed immediately. Its a no brainer to complain.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Only pulling your leg Dorothy ;)

Edmondson
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Edmondson »

Dot - i think you will be fine now, with Suarez in the paper. However to clarify a couple of bits:

1. The tweet was referring to the stadium announced man of the match which was indeed Iniesta and asking if followers agreed, in a kind of mischievous, draw out the suspense kind of way.

2. They do have a webpage with the ratings which gives Iniesta starman, but there is also the webpage you copied showing Suarez. So I'd say 50/50 on webpages.

But if Twitter is the scissors, then webpage is the stone, and then following on from that comes your £1 paper which always triumphs over stone.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Edmondson wrote:Dot - i think you will be fine now, with Suarez in the paper. However to clarify a couple of bits:

1. The tweet was referring to the stadium announced man of the match which was indeed Iniesta and asking if followers agreed, in a kind of mischievous, draw out the suspense kind of way.

2. They do have a webpage with the ratings which gives Iniesta starman, but there is also the webpage you copied showing Suarez. So I'd say 50/50 on webpages.

But if Twitter is the scissors, then webpage is the stone, and then following on from that comes your £1 paper which always triumphs over stone.
annoying it's a Sunday as helpdesk not there but I will be phoning the Sun anyway after 9 to start the ball rolling.

Tempted to call Watkins mobile but I wont, but I guess he can pick up his emails on his mobile so am about to fire off an email to him.

Off the back of my head something in my tiny tells me if they don't change within 24 hours it wont change so I need to do something today and if that means calling Watkins mobile I will.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Put on the pressure Sleuth I will win my mini league if they change their decision to Suarez.

They may bung you a few quid though just to keep quite :D

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Quite what?

You'll be fine Dot. If I were them, I'd be tempted to stick with Iniesta as retribution for all the bloody emails you send them. :lol:

lfc71
Grumpy Old Man
Location: Usually top of my works/pub lges(50/60 entries)most seasons.
FS Record: Winner of my works & pub leagues (50/60 entries) most seasons (since 1993) - 13th place overall in SDT World cup 2014...10th place overall in SDT seasonal 20/21...1st place in SDT liverpool fan lge 20/21 season (over 80,000 entrants)

Post by lfc71 »

Maldini wrote:Quite what?

You'll be fine Dot. If I were them, I'd be tempted to stick with Iniesta as retribution for all the bloody emails you send them. :lol:
I was just thinkin that.......in the suns eyes,karma?? :?

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Well surprisingly someone was there today at the Helpdesk and after a 10 minute chat and going away to apparently speak to a manager he eventually came back and said he can confirm the Starman is SUAREZ!

I asked when will the table change and reflect that he said he didn't know but probably tomorrow.

4 or 5 times he confirmed its definitely Suarez, I hope so, we shall see. I can't see how it cannot be when as I said it's clearly Suarez in todays Sun and it's clearly Suarez on what looks their official ratings online.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Congrats Sleuth, but you have to feel sorry for the guy currently on first who thinks he has won £2k and has no idea he will lose it.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Well congrats you definitely deserved something from them this season.

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Ashers wrote:Congrats Sleuth, but you have to feel sorry for the guy currently on first who thinks he has won £2k and has no idea he will lose it.
He won phase 3 so I guess it aint that bad

anyway i'll only believe they will change it when I get it confirmed as the guy at the end of the line didn't seem to even follow football or even knew about last nights result. :shock:
Last edited by sleuth on 07 Jun 2015, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Ashers wrote:Congrats Sleuth, but you have to feel sorry for the guy currently on first who thinks he has won £2k and has no idea he will lose it.
The poor sod may go and buy beers all round at the pub later!

I'd love to listen in on his phone call when/if the table changes.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

Congratulations, Dot. The helpline have confirmed the table will be amended.

Not good for me - that decision has cost me £1000. Dropping from 4th to 5th.

The website last night clearly had Iniesta stated as starman and the newspaper have changed it. The chap on the help desk said the reporter does not have final say on the ratings - it's the newspaper.

I'll be contacting the Gambling Commission to complain. This is not the first time this has happened and the integrity of the game stinks.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

bennyc wrote: The chap on the help desk said the reporter does not have final say on the ratings - it's the newspaper.
Then they should hold off the updates to DT until the paper have confirmed it. I'd be gutted if I looked at that table last night to see I'd won the overall only to then be told I hadn't. Its a nonsense.

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Congrats Dot. I imagine getting screwed again after the weekly hazard fiasco would have sent you ballistic :D I do feel sorry for the poor sod who thinks he's won phase 4 and the people who will lose out when the overall players are amended. I really don't understand how they can make a cock up of these proportions. How hard is it to note who the Sun reporter gives starman to and update it on the system? :roll:

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

bennyc wrote:Congratulations, Dot. The helpline have confirmed the table will be amended.

Not good for me - that decision has cost me £1000. Dropping from 4th to 5th.

The website last night clearly had Iniesta stated as starman and the newspaper have changed it. The chap on the help desk said the reporter does not have final say on the ratings - it's the newspaper.

I'll be contacting the Gambling Commission to complain. This is not the first time this has happened and the integrity of the game stinks.

Alright Benny, sorry to hear if it is changed that my gain is your loss. I' m sure you can see my grounds for complaining though and I think on the basis explained I'm more right than wrong in believing that Suarez appears,according the Sun, to be their MOTM.

Felt I was totally wronged on the Hazard situation and didn't want to let this one go when for all intents and purposes I'm more in the right than wrong.

If anything they should do a Maddog on this and perhaps pay out both, but to be honest they have altered enough ratings the last few months with no justification or explanation , hence the 17 changes in April in three consecutive games, two of which were CL games.
But on this occasion Starman is clearly stated on the net as SUAREZ and clearly shows the same in the paper today.

Either way I expect the gambling commission to be receiving a call.

Benny also please don't think I'm being pedantic but the table as it stands shows you are joint 4th so that would of meant 4th prize of £2,000 and 5th prize was £1,000 so if that were to remain the same you would of shared £3,000. £1,500 quid each.

If the table is altered to Suarez being STARMAN as the help desk confirmed then you would end up outright 5th which is £1,000 so the drop was £500 only.

My scenario is £2,000 or diddly squatt.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

have they promised in game points next season :D

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Nabby wrote:
bennyc wrote: The chap on the help desk said the reporter does not have final say on the ratings - it's the newspaper.
Then they should hold off the updates to DT until the paper have confirmed it. I'd be gutted if I looked at that table last night to see I'd won the overall only to then be told I hadn't. Its a nonsense.
Totally agree.

This season more than any I can remember there have been STARMAN amendments on several occasions from their Twitter to actualality later. To add the 17 amendments in 3 games from 23rd April which went without explanation.

Stoneybatter
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd & 4th YTM (05/06), 6th YTM (07/08) Won Feb monthly YTM (08/09) Won Dreamteam Grand Finale (2011) 12th Dreamteam Euros (2012) 20th Dreamteam (12/13) Won Dreamteam Nov monthly (13/14) Won Dreamteam Weekly (14/15)

Post by Stoneybatter »

Makes their promise of 'live scoring' next season a bit of a joke. Will that be 'live scoring, except if we decide to change it later' ?

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

Dot,

I don't begrudge you but I have a slightly different take on what has gone on here.

The reporter - Steven Howard - has obviously filed copy and submitted ratings shortly after the final whistle. He picked Iniesta as star man and that was posted on Twitter and Facebook DT accounts around 2245 last night. The sun report of the final STILL has Iniesta as SM so not sure how you can say the website clearly states Suarez.

Clearly the newspaper guys concoct the King Luis headline and alter SM to Suarez. It is a complete joke.

I believe I finish 6th now hence the grand figure I quote.

Again- I respect your view and if you get the 2k then fair play to you but I'll be fighting hard for what I should be getting.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “European Dream Team”