To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Passing the time during the summer

Mondogoal - daily fantasy football
robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Passing the time during the summer

Post by robot »

Anyone up for entering some of these daily games to relieve the boredom of a year ending in an odd number :!:
This weekend Womens world cup/ champions league final or even games combining the players £2 or £5 entries with small prizes, FREE entry for first Womens game with a £25 potential prize.

https://secure.mondogoal.com/contests

Info from admin post
They are the official Fantasy Football partners of Manchester City, Liverpool, AS Roma & West Ham United.

Here are some special offers they have right now:
- Free entry into a league with a £100 pot for all new sign ups - no deposit required
- 200% bonus on your first deposit, released as 4% cash back on every game you play
- Money-Back Guarantee - like it after your first cash game or your money back

About Mondogoal:
With Mondogoal, fans around the world compete in daily or matchweek fantasy football for free or for real cash prizes.
Daily fantasy is a condensed version of the well-known season-long model. The “Daily” format allows players to compete over a shorter timeframe, with a lower commitment and steady interest from the first week of a season to the last.
Build a full 11 man team using a budget. Play for cash either head to head or in tournaments.
Daily fantasy football structured by league, across leagues or by various pool and pot sizes.
Players score points for certain statistics (e.g. Goals, Assists, Passes, Shots, Tackles, etc…)
The contest team with the highest total points wins. The top 10-50% of entrants will also win prizes.
Mondogoal is open for cash play in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Ireland, and Brazil with expansion to additional countries coming in early 2015.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Re: Passing the time during the summer

Post by robot »

Bump
No interest then :wink: Have entered the £2 champions league/women's coed game maximum 10 entrants money back at least for top 3 finish,might provide a bit of extra interest when watching the dutch women at 2am tonight :!:
Anyone to join me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

What time do these need to be entered by?

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Ashers wrote:What time do these need to be entered by?
Up to kick off of the first game involved I think, you can enter now then change the team last minute,to be in the same league as me need to do it before it fills to Max ten.
Edit know the times here they lock the game 5 minutes before kick off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

Ashers wrote:What time do these need to be entered by?
Didn't give it a go then (couldn't see your name).

I picked a dutch non starter and came 1 place out of the money :evil:
only other fiso name I recognized is foxinthebox in 55th anyone for tonight free game no prizes or £2 ten entrants £10 first prize.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

robot/Ashers & anyone else - any thoughts/ideas on how Mondogoal can help encourage more from fiso to register with them? Only a dozen have registered so far from the approx 2,000 click throughs from fiso.

I think there should be larger prizes next season and a mobile app in due course which should help but any ideas to help now would be appreciated whilst Copa America, Womens World Cup, MLS and Brasileirao leagues are in play.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Didn't give it a go in the end as I am enjoying the break from football. Will have a think about how we can get others to take part.

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

You may get a better response from those that read this thread but didn't enter as to what put them off, I only noticed foxinthebox as a fisoer which did enter.
I put a tenner in before the womens world cup started and entered 4 different £2 slots plus a few free ones losing every time!
Other players knew what they were doing and difficult to beat.
Enjoyed playing, website good and well thought and I think fisoers would enjoy if they played, the negatives are it doesn take many £2 losses to start adding up so a smaller option may help.
The biggest thing against for me was games with only 2 games to choose from and being restricted to 4 per team forcing you to pick from all 4 teams or a 3-4-4 combo.
So including more games would be an improvement perhaps a whole phase?
May work better for a whole round of premier fixtures?
The other issue is the randomness of who you are up against from a fiso perspective being able to create a slot which only other fisoers could join perhaps with the winnings changing dependent on numbers rather than set max entrants and set prizes.

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

I gave this a go over the weekend and made a little cash (not much) but I think it could be a lot better. I cant seem to find a way of making a league with friends. Why cant i make a season long league with friends?

Also i went to do next weeks "£10,000 Premier League Shootout" but theres only 8 fixture the Man u and saints games are missing which seems odd? Why only 8 and not the full 10 fixtures.

Its a good idea but I feel it could be 10x better

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Rich2086 wrote:I gave this a go over the weekend and made a little cash (not much) but I think it could be a lot better. I cant seem to find a way of making a league with friends. Why cant i make a season long league with friends?

Also i went to do next weeks "£10,000 Premier League Shootout" but theres only 8 fixture the Man u and saints games are missing which seems odd? Why only 8 and not the full 10 fixtures.

I think there are a couple of reasons for them skipping the first two games:

- a Friday evening deadline is a disaster for them in terms of attracting entrants. Starting it on the Saturday afternoon probably gets more entrants so they don't have to pay out as much overlay (I'd be surprised if they got to 5k entries).
- by skipping the Saturday lunchtime game and making the deadline 14:55, they allow participants to make changes to their teams once they know the starting line-ups of 5 of the weekend's fixtures, rather than just one.

I played Mondogoal for the first time this past weekend, and I think that it has a ton of potential, but I agree with you that there's still a lot of room for improvement.

As for your point about leagues with friends, I don't really think that's the point of Mondogoal. I see it as a form of gambling (which I have nothing against whatsoever - I love gambling). I don't see it as so much of a fun/social game to get involved in with friends (unlike season long fantasy games).

Rich2086
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 09/10--2235--49,014

Post by Rich2086 »

thesilkworm wrote:
Rich2086 wrote:I gave this a go over the weekend and made a little cash (not much) but I think it could be a lot better. I cant seem to find a way of making a league with friends. Why cant i make a season long league with friends?

- a Friday evening deadline is a disaster for them in terms of attracting entrants. Starting it on the Saturday afternoon probably gets more entrants so they don't have to pay out as much overlay (I'd be surprised if they got to 5k entries).
- by skipping the Saturday lunchtime game and making the deadline 14:55, they allow participants to make changes to their teams once they know the starting line-ups of 5 of the weekend's fixtures, rather than just one.

I played Mondogoal for the first time this past weekend, and I think that it has a ton of potential, but I agree with you that there's still a lot of room for improvement.

As for your point about leagues with friends, I don't really think that's the point of Mondogoal. I see it as a form of gambling (which I have nothing against whatsoever - I love gambling). I don't see it as so much of a fun/social game to get involved in with friends (unlike season long fantasy games).

Your probably right. Im going to give Fantasybet a go this weekend it looks similar but takes the basis of the game from the fpl site

cleggy148
Kevin and Perry

Post by cleggy148 »

Just signed up for Mondogoal - looks a cool format, Daily Fantasy Sports has got huge in the US over the last few years and it's surely going to take off in the EU especially the UK with our love of football and gambling!

The site needs a lot of work to be as easy to navigate as TFF/FPL etc but I'm sure itll get better the more people join - they say on their site they are the official fantasy partners of Chelsea/Barcelona etc so surely will get huge!

The best game to play at the moment seems to be the £2 £10k guaranteed - seems to get less then 5,000 runners so even if you pick an average team you should make money over time!

Anyone interested in joining they have a Sign Up Bonus (doubles your deposit if you play a few games)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

+1 to all of the post above. I've played on mondogoal the last two weeks and am already hooked, despite its current flaws.

Also, this could be huge news for the daily fantasy industry in the UK:

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releas ... 22131.html

DraftKings are very big in the US, so can't wait to give it a try once the get started over here.

cleggy148
Kevin and Perry

Post by cleggy148 »

thesilkworm wrote:+1 to all of the post above. I've played on mondogoal the last two weeks and am already hooked, despite its current flaws.

DraftKings are very big in the US, so can't wait to give it a try once the get started over here.
Thanks for the +1!

Got so hooked me and a friend of mine made a Daily Fantasy site http://www.gingerfootball.com on how to play etc, tried to provide info to help people transitioning over from standard fantasy football games!

Let me know what you think, pumped that DraftKings are coming to the UK :D

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

cleggy148 wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:+1 to all of the post above. I've played on mondogoal the last two weeks and am already hooked, despite its current flaws.

Thanks for the +1!

Got so hooked me and a friend of mine made a Daily Fantasy site http://www.gingerfootball.com on how to play etc, tried to provide info to help people transitioning over from standard fantasy football games!

Nice site, wish I'd come across it when first trying to learn to what DFS was all about. I see from the 'About' section that you're poker players. Do you post on 2p2? There's a daily fantasy 'soccer' thread over there which generates a fair amount of discussion - some of it relates to American sites, but there are plenty of UK players there too and it's been useful posting there while we're all learning.

I've been surprised at the lack of interest so far on FISO. Seems it appeals more to poker players than experienced fantasy football players, which I guess makes sense because of the gambling aspect. As somebody who has gambled for years (mostly poker), I have no problem throwing £200 a week at the Mondogoal £10k for as long as they have overlay because I know that such +EV opportunities will rarely present themselves, but I think a lot of fantasy football players would baulk at the idea of doing so.

Big_George
Kevin and Perry

Post by Big_George »

There's currently only a shade over 1700 signed up for the Mondogoal £10k contest...might be worth checking if it is fully subscribed by kick-off. The contest has been getting some previews here http://www.fantasyfootballportal.com/#! ... d3276a5850

It will be interesting to see if Draftkings revamp their soccer product before they enter the UK market since I'm not sure that their current 8 a-side format would appeal to guys on FISO.

Would love to hear what FISO regulars think of that format?

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Big_George wrote:The contest has been getting some previews here fantasyfootballportal.com
Is this your website then?

Big_George
Kevin and Perry

Post by Big_George »

I have no problem throwing £200 a week at the Mondogoal £10k for as long as they have overlay because I know that such +EV opportunities will rarely present themselves, but I think a lot of fantasy football players would baulk at the idea of doing so.
Do you think there will be overlay today?

Big_George
Kevin and Perry

Post by Big_George »

admin wrote:
Big_George wrote:The contest has been getting some previews here fantasyfootballportal.com
Is this your website then?
I know the guy who runs the site.

cleggy148
Kevin and Perry

Post by cleggy148 »

thesilkworm wrote:
cleggy148 wrote:

Thanks for the +1!

Nice site, wish I'd come across it when first trying to learn to what DFS was all about. I see from the 'About' section that you're poker players. Do you post on 2p2? There's a daily fantasy 'soccer' thread over there which generates a fair amount of discussion - some of it relates to American sites, but there are plenty of UK players there too and it's been useful posting there while we're all learning.

I've been surprised at the lack of interest so far on FISO. Seems it appeals more to poker players than experienced fantasy football players, which I guess makes sense because of the gambling aspect. As somebody who has gambled for years (mostly poker), I have no problem throwing £200 a week at the Mondogoal £10k for as long as they have overlay because I know that such +EV opportunities will rarely present themselves, but I think a lot of fantasy football players would baulk at the idea of doing so.
Thanks, Yea I post on 2+2 sometimes, name there is Cleggy if you ever see me post, haven't looked at the DFS thread there yet as I thought it'd be mostly US chat, but will be sure to check it out!

Totally agree about the overlay, such a great time to play with added value every week, it wont be long and the sites will be raking us rather than stumping up money for us to play, can't believe more people haven't tried it, especially when there are so many fans of fantasy football about! The overlay looks like it was pretty similar this week too, so I think we will see many more weeks where if you have half a clue you should enter as many teams as you can afford!

ironcub14
Wideboy
FS Record: 2015/16 FPL: shite, UEL: good, UCL: excellent

Post by ironcub14 »

thesilkworm wrote:

I just got into DraftKings for the first time this week, and you make some really good points up there. Great point about the Saturday lunchtime game, and agree with you that daily/weekly games definitely lack the social aspect of the yearly games such as FPL.

And good points about the comparison to poker, I was looking at the DraftKings online lobby and the feel of everything reminded me of PokerStars from about a decade ago.

I'm going to wait for the MondoGoal app, they told me on twitter than an iOS/Android app should be coming out in the next few months? And I asked FanDuel if they have any plans to bring out footy. Which would be apt considering they got their start in Edinburgh, I believe.

I knew about DraftKings and MondoGoal for awhile, but I only acted on it this week due to the loss of the Yahoo Fantasy Football game, which was popular over here in Canada and the main choice amongst my buddies and was far more interactive than FPL. And I saw that Ultimate FPL was unavailable in Canada, which was such a shame haha.

ironcub14
Wideboy
FS Record: 2015/16 FPL: shite, UEL: good, UCL: excellent

Post by ironcub14 »

I do hope that Yahoo picks up on footy again while they build up their own daily fantasy sports platform. Their yearly footy game, with the 5 major European leagues and MLS, was easily the most interactive and one of the most polished games out there, despite a couple flaws they had.

And I hope that one of the major fantasy players does consider a draft format in the future, only because it is pretty fun to be the only person among your friends to own Mahrez, for example. I know that UEFA's official UCL game had a draft game last season, but they regrettably discontinued it for this season. Mainly because they couldn't even get their shit together for their main UCL game.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Mondogoal”