To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Transfers

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Transfers

Post by brencarr »

How is everyone getting on with the new set of transfers? My squad was in need of some repair by the time the new year came along so I've used by 3 per week up to this point. 3 final ones coming next week which I will use to tinker a bit and/or replace any injuries from this weekend if there are any.

I'm thinking the problem here though is that we're all going to end up with pretty similar looking squads and it will be difficult now to make any ground up on the leaders e.g. if you were fortunate enough to have Mahrez, Alderweireld, Vardy, Lukaku and Smalling from the start you probably had a good first half of the season - now everyone can jump on the 'top' players and we'll all score similarly. I know there's still chance of things changing and there's always the choice of which captain etc. but I think it will be tough to move up now.

skip
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Re: Transfers

Post by skip »

Great points, and yes we saw this last year with everyone's squad's looking very similar after January and as a result far less movement up or down the leaderboard. The person in 1st place at the start of Jan went on to win by a considerable margin. The trick is going to be spotting the players that are due a 'correction' and won't score as well, and the differentials who people are selling/avoiding but may have a storming 2nd half. Chelsea players may be primed for this, as may some others, but this is the tough part to predict.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

I've got six left to use & know for the most part who I'm getting rid of. On the subject of the above, the highest value player I'll be shipping is Pedro. The obvious replacement for him would be Ozil or Coutinho/Firmino. However I'm quite tempted to take a punt on someone like Fabregas. The other option I'd consider would be to upgrade Deeney to Teixiera (if he signs and is ~8.5-9m) & downgrade Pedro to a 5.5-6.5m mid as I have a lot of spend in midfield already.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I've used 4 so far, and am taking the view that my team for this week is basically fine so there's not much point tinkering when I'd rather user my final 8 all at once next week to see what the best overall moves I can make for my squad are.

I think there's a chance Teixiera could be classified as a midfielder? He plays behind the main striker at Shakhtar, so he's one of those that could go either way. I remember Mondogoal had him as a midfielder for Champions Leagues games earlier in the season at least.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I have used 2 so far and will be using the rest to make sure I am as prepared as possible for short and double gameweeks, MD2 and 3 fixtures.
We now know the MD2/3 fixtures up to GW32, we'll have a better idea of who is playing/missing from GW30, we should have a good idea if there is a DGW25 and who is missing from GW27 which gives a late transferer a big advantage IMO.

Pedro, Wilson, Gomez, Anya, Sinclair are certainties to go.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

KDBs selected stat has risen from 1.3k to 3.3k since the transfer window opened. Imagine most of those who got him in will now have to burn another on getting him out.

I got him in during the last transfer window & have six transfers left. Obviously I wasn't planning on using one on KDB. But if he's out for six weeks he'll miss 6 of their remaining 15 games so I think he has to be a sell.

Not sure that I'll do a straight swap with Silva. I was trying to free up funds to do Deeney to Austin so a downgrade to KDB or any of the other pool of 8.5 mids (I don't have Ozil yet) is something I'll look at in more detail once the cup games are over.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”