To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Ultimate FPL - 2015-16

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
Geoffv
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 301st overall FPL 2013-14

FISO Ultimate FPL - 2015-16

Post by Geoffv »

I couldn't see that UFPL Teams are entered automatically as our teams are in the FPL game so hope nobody minds that I have set up the Ultimate FPL League up for this new season.

From what I see no real change to the format particularly on transfers but there is now a 4 players maximum per team come in and if you are so inclined you can enter more than one team so long as it is from a different email address.

Code to join this league: 3529-686
FISO Ultimate FPL

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO Ultimate FPL - 2015-16

Post by thesilkworm »

4 players per team is same as last season. Only changes I can see are:

- August transfer window is 4x4 transfers; last season I think it was 3x5. Probably because the season starts a bit earlier.
- Loans are now a bit cheaper, making them more attractive.

Hoping for a bit more UFPL discussion here this season, as this forum really died last season.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

I am in - thanks for putting up. Team The Gauntlet ( I was watching the Clint Eastwood ITV4 Series this week).

I like this game and hopefully we can get more banter going

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Geoffv wrote:if you are so inclined you can enter more than one team so long as it is from a different email address.
I assume that's a technical limitation of the platform, I.e. one account = one unique email address. If you have a gmail account you can actually generate lots of different email addresses from your one account...

So if your email is

Fiso@gmail.com

Then you can also use

Fiso+1@gmail.com, Fiso+2@gmail.com, etc and all the emails will be delivered to your single gmail account. Might work with other providers (I don't know which ones) but thought it is a nice tip to save you registering loads of new email accounts if you want a few ufpl teams.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Out of curiosity, how many people are considering multiple entries?

I came around 200th last year with a fairly safe/boring/balanced team, so considering multiple entries this year with a few more 'punty' teams in the hope that one of them pays off to maybe give myself a chance of the huge payday.

Will only enter my 'main' team in mini-leagues.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

"I'm in"

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

Donegal Blues is in. First time playing the ultimate FPL.

Subsonic
FISOhead

Post by Subsonic »

Leavemy Arcelona in.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

Go on then I will give it a go. Just entered a team and added it to league cheers. Any tips would be appreciated as not played this before.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

I haven't played it before now either. So I'm the last person to give tips. But let's hope we get a bit of that beginners luck.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

I'm in!! :D Have not got a clue what I'm doing though!! :lol: :lol:

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

I'm in! 1st time and not a clue at the minute what I'm doing... :D :D

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Mintman wrote:I'm in!! :D Have not got a clue what I'm doing though!! :lol: :lol:
I expect you'll be playing in the hole. :roll:

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

Corroded Soul wrote:I haven't played it before now either. So I'm the last person to give tips. But let's hope we get a bit of that beginners luck.
Luck and me don't go but first time for everything. :-) I quite like the look of this fantasy.

Mintman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: I've won stuff...

Post by Mintman »

Corroded Soul wrote:
Mintman wrote:I'm in!! :D Have not got a clue what I'm doing though!! :lol: :lol:

That's not a bad idea!! I'll have a word with the wife!! :lol: :lol:

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

Mintman wrote:
Corroded Soul wrote:

That's not a bad idea!! I'll have a word with the wife!! :lol: :lol:
Could turn out that things were mint to be. :D

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Just added Relegated Laughing to the league.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Balanced Squad pending.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

thesilkworm wrote:Out of curiosity, how many people are considering multiple entries?

I came around 200th last year with a fairly safe/boring/balanced team, so considering multiple entries this year with a few more 'punty' teams in the hope that one of them pays off to maybe give myself a chance of the huge payday.

I thought you were only allowed to put 1 team in?

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

I'm in. Great game this.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

gooberman wrote:
thesilkworm wrote:Out of curiosity, how many people are considering multiple entries?

I thought you were only allowed to put 1 team in?
"Only one entry to the game is allowed per email address. Nothing shall prevent a player submitting more than one entry by using different unique registered user accounts."

I only entered one in the end though as spend enough time on fantasy as it is. One thing I might try is entering a new team each month, targeted at only that month's fixtures - could be a good strategy for winning a monthly prize.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

I'm 21 points short already because I forgot about the substitutions from Sat to Sun and by the time I realised the doors were closed! This game needs a lot more attention and I don't need to be making that mistake again. :oops:

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

It'll be really difficult for anyone to go a full season without forgetting once. I take fantasy more seriously than most and still forgot a handful of times last season.

I wish there was an app like in regular FPL that sends you notifications 2 hours before each deadline.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

thesilkworm wrote:It'll be really difficult for anyone to go a full season without forgetting once. I take fantasy more seriously than most and still forgot a handful of times last season.

I wish there was an app like in regular FPL that sends you notifications 2 hours before each deadline.
Good call. :lol:

It would be easier for those like me with a goldfish memory to program the smartphone to remind me!

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Joined, team name Earth People.

Look forward to this season.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

thesilkworm wrote:It'll be really difficult for anyone to go a full season without forgetting once. I take fantasy more seriously than most and still forgot a handful of times last season.

Yeah, you really need to be on the ball with this game, particularly as you have the opportunity to see the line ups before the deadline for changes on MD''s 2 and 3.

I find that it pays to wait to see the line ups before putting your players in otherwise you risk unnecessarily losing points. I learnt this lesson last season. On the Saturday night I swapped out a player from the Saturday games who got 3 points for a Sunday player only for that Sunday player to unexpectedly not play. Had I waited until the Sunday line ups which were available before the deadline for changes, I would have seen that the player wasn't playing so could have just left the Saturday player in and kept the 3pts instead of getting 0.

Even if it is likely that the Sunday player will play, it is always better to wait for the line ups before making the change if you have the opportunity to.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

gooberman wrote:

Yeah, you really need to be on the ball with this game, particularly as you have the opportunity to see the line ups before the deadline for changes on MD''s 2 and 3.

I find that it pays to wait to see the line ups before putting your players in otherwise you risk unnecessarily losing points. I learnt this lesson last season. On the Saturday night I swapped out a player from the Saturday games who got 3 points for a Sunday player only for that Sunday player to unexpectedly not play. Had I waited until the Sunday line ups which were available before the deadline for changes, I would have seen that the player wasn't playing so could have just left the Saturday player in and kept the 3pts instead of getting 0.

Even if it is likely that the Sunday player will play, it is always better to wait for the line ups before making the change if you have the opportunity to.
Yes very good point - made that mistake last season too of bringing in a player too early.

I've decided to take no chances, and have imported all deadlines into my phone so that it gives me reminders (up to GW14 only as TV fixtures not decided past that). I did this by creating an Excel sheet which I imported into my work Outlook calendar, which syncs with my phone. I think something similar should be possible with Google Calendar. If anyone wants the spreadsheet feel free to PM me your email address and will send.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

I'm used to being online minutes before the deadline before making selections, even transfers sometimes. So as I get used to this UFPL and having more time to see the teamsheets, this is going to help a lot, providing I am actually awake.

Corroded Soul
Treebeard

Post by Corroded Soul »

In UFPL I forfeited my huge 4 points total from yesterday and so start fresh today with Hazard and Sterling coming in even though they don't play until tomorrow.

Playing today for RV are Adrian, Chadli, Tadic, Payet, Kane and Rodriguez. The defenders are having a day off and have been allowed to meet up with Darren Bent and go shopping.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”