Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: UFPL beta winner 2014, OFL ISO winner 2013

Transfers

Post by skip »

Let's start this off: week 1 transfers

Bony > Kane
Mirallas > Sanchez
Lovren > Trippier

Really want Alexis for the Sunday captaincy so need the Kane switch to free up funds. Trippier is a possible differential, and I need to freshen up a stale/injured defence.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Re: Transfers

Post by bspittles »

I need to gamble and hope to pick up some good differential players. I haven't looked properly, but I think WBA and Everton will be high on my list.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Went for Sanchez too

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

Held mine over. Aiming to have 10-12 to do together on deadline day.

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Bony :arrow: Kane
Adebayor :arrow: Austin
Jedinak :arrow: Sanchez

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

KevIRL wrote:Held mine over. Aiming to have 10-12 to do together on deadline day.
Big fail on this tactic so far. Dropped 42 places to 52nd overall. Would have gotten in Kane and Sanchez this week but for my insistance on rolling over the transfers

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Bad decision Kev, but a few of the top ranks were lucky in being forced to captain Sanchez with Hazard not scoring much on Saturday, which didn't help

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

I had a terrible Saturday but the Sanchez transfer and (c) saved my game week.

This week I'll bring in Downing given that West Ham have a Sunday game, but not sure if I'll use the other 2 or hold off. Debuchy getting injured has forced a rethink of my defence as he'll need to go now freeing up a mid priced slot. Koscielny looks tempting.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

I'm also trying to delay transfers as long as possible so they can accumulate although I brought in Kane and Sanchez this week. It's a bit annoying that the site let's you do only the allotted transfers and not hypothetical ones if that makes sense even though I don't want to actually confirm them. I just would like to be able to do all the hypothetical transfers I want to do so I can see how it will all fit with the budget and how many of the players I want I can have.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

gooberman wrote:I'm also trying to delay transfers as long as possible so they can accumulate although I brought in Kane and Sanchez this week. It's a bit annoying that the site let's you do only the allotted transfers and not hypothetical ones if that makes sense even though I don't want to actually confirm them. I just would like to be able to do all the hypothetical transfers I want to do so I can see how it will all fit with the budget and how many of the players I want I can have.
I did this too. I agree that it would be best to have a lot of transfers to do at once, but Adebayour/Mirallas -> Kane/Sanchez just seemed like such a no-brainer that I pulled the trigger on them last week.

I'll be looking to make fairly safe changes - not in contention for finishing high up overall, but 58 points clear in my cash mini-league.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

thesilkworm wrote:
gooberman wrote:I'm also trying to delay transfers as long as possible so they can accumulate although I brought in Kane and Sanchez this week. It's a bit annoying that the site let's you do only the allotted transfers and not hypothetical ones if that makes sense even though I don't want to actually confirm them. I just would like to be able to do all the hypothetical transfers I want to do so I can see how it will all fit with the budget and how many of the players I want I can have.
I did this too. I agree that it would be best to have a lot of transfers to do at once, but Adebayour/Mirallas -> Kane/Sanchez just seemed like such a no-brainer that I pulled the trigger on them last week.

I'll be looking to make fairly safe changes - not in contention for finishing high up overall, but 58 points clear in my cash mini-league.
I am gonna try and limit myself to one transfer this week. Likely Rodwell > Downing.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I'll just be getting rid of my dross until the window almost closes. So that's all six transfers this week... :-( :lol:

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Catman »

bspittles wrote:I'll just be getting rid of my dross until the window almost closes. So that's all six transfers this week... :-( :lol:
Wish I had enough transfers to get rid of all mine!

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

McGeady => Moses
Debuchy => Jagielka
Welbeck => Kane
Lamela => Elmohamady
Jutkiewicz => Carroll
Dier => Lescott

Gets rid of those not playing, and frees up £3m for when Messi signs ;-)

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

bspittles wrote:McGeady => Moses
Debuchy => Jagielka
Welbeck => Kane
Lamela => Elmohamady
Jutkiewicz => Carroll
Dier => Lescott

Gets rid of those not playing, and frees up £3m for when Messi signs ;-)
Some poor buys there mate (Moses, Jags and Elmo). Also Carroll although playing decent, he is injury prone so you could find yourself lumbered with an injured player with no transfers left. Plenty of other better options in his price range or cheaper.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Just looking for some differentials :-)

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Azpil :arrow: Clyne
Welbeck :arrow: Pelle

Planning 2 next week, 5 for GW24.

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

Just did Ade to Kane. Risking not going with Sanchez for one more week. Have 8 transfers now.

Costa capt should mean this week ends with a green anyway

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

TV schedule now confirmed up until the end of March

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Jelavic :arrow: Giroud
Debuchy :arrow: Bertrand

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

KevIRL wrote:TV schedule now confirmed up until the end of March
It's been like that for ages mate. I went through the fixtures a few weeks ago checking on how many match day 2 and 3 games there are for the rest of the season and wondered why there don't appear to be any from the end of March onwards.

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

gooberman wrote:
KevIRL wrote:TV schedule now confirmed up until the end of March
It's been like that for ages mate. I went through the fixtures a few weeks ago checking on how many match day 2 and 3 games there are for the rest of the season and wondered why there don't appear to be any from the end of March onwards.
No, the latest ones were only confirmed a few days ago

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/23 ... h-schedule" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There ya are. Fixture changes confirmed 21 Jan

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Right ok. Will have to do the research again then. Thanks.

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Brightwater »

Pieters :arrow: Bertrand
Chester :arrow: Cresswell

5 left, but I would need more to shift all my dead wood.

KevIRL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by KevIRL »

Made 2 this morning.

Lamela :arrow: Tadic
Wellbeck :arrow: Giroud

9 to play with next week

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I've obviously cocked this up. I'm thought the transfer window closed this morning :-(

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

Bertrand and Koscielny in this week, 5 left. Left Kane on the bench this week in favour of Gayle, can't win.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

skip wrote:Bertrand and Koscielny in this week, 5 left. Left Kane on the bench this week in favour of Gayle, can't win.
Why on earth did you do that?? :?

skip
Red & Blue Braces

Post by skip »

gooberman wrote:
skip wrote:Bertrand and Koscielny in this week, 5 left. Left Kane on the bench this week in favour of Gayle, can't win.
Why on earth did you do that?? :?
Last gameweek I benched Gayle for Kane, and missed his 15 points while Kane blanked at home.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”