To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Why no auto-sub?

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Why no auto-sub?

Post by gooberman »

Eriksen is first on my bench and Toure who is in my first 11 played 0 minutes. It says that the gameweek is complete but they have not auto-subbed in Eriksen!

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Re: Why no auto-sub?

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

If you make non auto subs during the weekend, auto sub doesn't work. Said the man not playing the game who skimmed the rules once. 8-) :lol:

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

Have you made any manager substitution between days? IIRC auto subs don't apply if there were manage substitutions. Or maybe it's not updated yet..

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:If you make non auto subs during the weekend, auto sub doesn't work. Said the man not playing the game who skimmed the rules once. 8-) :lol:
Oh FFS that's ridiculous!! I was looking forward to that one crumb of comfort from a dismal week FPL wise.

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

asm_fanz wrote:Have you made any manager substitution between days? IIRC auto subs don't apply if there were manage substitutions. Or maybe it's not updated yet..
Yes I did. I took out the low scoring players and changed them for players who played on Sunday and today. However I did not replace Toure who didn't play so surely my first sub should be auto-subbed in for him??

If that is the rule it's ridiculous. It basically means that if a Saturday player doesn't play and another Saturday player who is your first sub gets a big haul, you can't do any changes at all in terms of bringing in the Sunday and Monday players or change your captain which is the most fun and interesting part of the game.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Have you ever had any good luck Gooberman?

gooberman
Dumbledore

Post by gooberman »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Have you ever had any good luck Gooberman?
In terms of FF, seemingly not. This just typifies my luck with bench subs. When I finally do have a sub who scored well who is first on my bench and a first 11 player doesn't play, I still don't get the points because of a stupid quirk in the rules!! Totally f**king pi**ed off!!!

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Have you ever had any good luck Gooberman?
:lol:

asm_fanz
Grumpy Old Frog

Post by asm_fanz »

gooberman wrote:
asm_fanz wrote:Have you made any manager substitution between days? IIRC auto subs don't apply if there were manage substitutions. Or maybe it's not updated yet..
Yes I did. I took out the low scoring players and changed them for players who played on Sunday and today. However I did not replace Toure who didn't play so surely my first sub should be auto-subbed in for him??
rules wrote:If a manager substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions or vice captain changes will take place on your team that Gameweek.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

gooberman wrote: If that is the rule it's ridiculous. It basically means that if a Saturday player doesn't play and another Saturday player who is your first sub gets a big haul, you can't do any changes
That wouldn't normally happen though, as any Saturday players that don't make your starting eleven, should be put in your reserves instead.

Obviously in this particular week, with only one MD2 game and one MD3 game, most people would not have been able to create a full subs bench of MD2 and MD3 players, so some MD1 players are forced onto your bench.

You still didn't start this MD1 player, and chose eleven other MD1 players ahead of them, so you don't really deserve the points in my opinion, (as you would normally have stuck this player in your reserves had you had more MD2 and MD3 options available, and therefore wouldn't be complaining at all about losing his points), so this is fair dos in my opinion.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I think the rule is there to assist people who can't access their team during the weekend. Not sure how many many will pay for a game they can't access though!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

gooberman wrote:If that is the rule it's ridiculous. It basically means that if a Saturday player doesn't play and another Saturday player who is your first sub gets a big haul, you can't do any changes at all in terms of bringing in the Sunday and Monday players or change your captain which is the most fun and interesting part of the game.
What is ridiculous is your inability to take on board the fact that you a now playing a new fantasy game with it's own rules. Forget FPL, read the rules, try to understand them and factor them into your decision making and for goodness sake stop moaning.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”