We need a starting team?

Archive for Egg Cup topics.
rossn13
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 12th TFFE 09/10

Re: We need a starting team?

Post by rossn13 »

robot wrote:
happyhoppy wrote:Have you entered a team in these I couldn't find these leagues to enter into them. Last year they were all there for you to choose.
No im searching through the address bar
They are 8000010 facebook 8000011 Twitter and 8000012 google
The google team is:

Szczesny
Enrique
olsson
stam
Bessone
nani
mulumba
Tiote
Mata
Odemwinge
Cisse (p)

and so far no one has entered the google league but a fair few have joined the facebook league.
That team looks perfect :lol:

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

That team is an auto select team as it is only £46.1m, looks a perfect starter though, definite moron material!

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

I have made my decision and it's one that should create quite a bit of fun, I am going to allow up to 4 changes to this team.

You better hope we get relegated next year! :wink:

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Sorry to rock the boat HH but havent you made this a bit personal ? Surely the original idea was to use an average team & not a block ??
Still plenty of time for a Hansen team as its only just launched ?
Not played before, but tbh this team means that you will use about 4-5 transfers after week 1 :lol: :lol:

Not played the egg cup before but a block Southampton would probably be my last choice :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Hmm, drink,drugs or both????

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

No need to apologise, I was expecting this. :lol:

Yes it is personal as I obviously do support the Saints but we have no celebrity X1 and having thought long and hard about it I decided I wanted to do something different, not everyone will agree as you can't please everyone but I spend a fair amount of time and money on running this free to enter competition.

I think the initial X1 is pretty irrelevant (as long as it isn't too good as this has always been the challenge, hence a Saints team) as we are start the same. This should create a large amount of differentiation in deciding which part of the team to dismantle hence I have allowed up to 4 transfers.

I think this adds a new variation to the game, I will change it next year if the majority dislike the idea but this year you are stuck with it I'm afraid.

Of course if everyone decides not to play then I might have to have a rethink. :lol:

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Methane on Titan »

I'd prefer it personally if the starting team was half-decent (no offence) then could use team for both this game and the main game (VFM i like that :) ).

Everyone is just going to burn transfers quickly using this template, which seems unnecessary.

However, will still partake as it's a level playing field. :)

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Current 4 x FISO TFF Champion - Egg Cup League 3, Block League, Super6 League and Open XI League

Post by Dixon »

I like it!!! Everyone is in the same boat and it's a challenge how to approach it.

............is Fonte a 1st teamer?

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

The starting restrictions in the past have made this very difficult to compete in the main game (that and player ability :lol: ) and yes you are tight. :lol:

30 transfers has often been considered too many, this brings it more in line with the more challenging level of 24 transfers.

I'm also interested to see how many (if any) Saints players people know about and will keep. :lol:

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Dixon wrote:I like it!!! Everyone is in the same boat and it's a challenge how to approach it.

Research Research Research :wink:

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

:lol: Beggars can't be choosers i suppose. At least your team is in the Premiership, my poor Southend got a long way to go :oops:

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Current 4 x FISO TFF Champion - Egg Cup League 3, Block League, Super6 League and Open XI League

Post by Dixon »

It's a good idea. Maybe each season it should be a full promoted team 11.

Smurf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Smurf »

I like the idea Paul, but how about stretching the amount of pre season transfers to say......11? :wink:

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Haha Smurf.

Dixon, let's see how this year goes but I'm open to suggestions. If we stay up our team will be far too good anyway next year. :lol:

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

happyhoppy wrote:Haha Smurf.

Dixon, let's see how this year goes but I'm open to suggestions. If we stay up our team will be far too good anyway next year. :lol:
Southampton are the new Swansea, i heard :wink:

For the record i like the idea.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

I'll settle for Swansea, wonder if Neath boy is up for this challenge.

It's going to be marmite this idea but I think it will be fascinating seeing how many ditch all 11 asap, how many decide to keep a few to save transfers, it has the potential for the most differentiation we have ever had and that has to be a good thing.

The Woolster
Grumpy Ball of Wool
Location: EECCC Division 3 Champion 08/09. EECCC Treble winner 2006/07
FS Record: 10th Daily Star 10/11. 11th Daily Mail 08/09. 19th Daily Star 11/12. 24th TFFE 05/06. 37th TFF 05/06. 52nd CYKI 08/09.

Post by The Woolster »

happyhoppy wrote:The starting restrictions in the past have made this very difficult to compete in the main game (that and player ability :lol: ) and yes you are tight. :lol:

I thought it was quite easy the year I finished 220th overall 8-)

Smurf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Smurf »

happyhoppy wrote:I'll settle for Swansea, wonder if Neath boy is up for this challenge.

It's going to be marmite this idea but I think it will be fascinating seeing how many ditch all 11 asap, how many decide to keep a few to save transfers, it has the potential for the most differentiation we have ever had and that has to be a good thing.
When I first saw the image of a full Saints XI, I scrolled further down to the part where you would say "just joking". But then after 30 seconds or so I thought about it and it should be VERY interesting.

For one thing it makes the challenge harder, strategies will be alot more varied and also hardly any Southampton players will be making any appearances in my other starting XI's so at least if they do go and have a stong start to the season, I have some 'coverage'.

Bunners
Dumbledore

Post by Bunners »

happyhoppy wrote:
Dixon wrote:I like it!!! Everyone is in the same boat and it's a challenge how to approach it.

Research Research Research :wink:
Whilst im not playing it this year...surely this gives you a huge advantage in the Egg cup premier league?

I will butt out now :wink:

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

We need a starting team?

Post by Beerfuelledman »

Hate it. This game was about a decent team & watching how others made little tweaks & how they turned out. Start with Southampton & I for one will have a completely different team to every one ASAP - As will others. Then it's just another tired old super league. I urge you to reconsider.

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Wondering which midfielder Portugal will sacrifice for his Nordic superstar Sessegnon :lol:

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

Sorry HH but the Southampton XI isn't for me so I'm not going to take part in this season's competition.

Dixon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dixon »

A few heavily negative comments hoppy, how many dropping out will have you reconsidering?

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

As BFM says, everyone will make 4 changes before the deadline, many will make 5/6/7 ASAP making it a normal ML but with less transfers available. Could be a stand alone side game idea though.

FWIW - I'm not really that fussed one way or the other as to the initial team make up, would prefer something with 4/5/6 players that you have to um and ah about and have to take into account that usually we're around full budget so to get player X in with 2 transfers we have to sacrifice someone that we'd really prefer keeping.

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Smurf wrote:hardly any Southampton players will be making any appearances in my other starting XI's so at least if they do go and have a stong start to the season, I have some 'coverage'.
You'll finish last then :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Razorback wrote:Sorry HH but the Southampton XI isn't for me so I'm not going to take part in this season's competition.
Isn't the point of this the Hare vs the Tortoise?

Methane on Titan
Grumpy Old Man

Beerfuelledman wrote:Hate it. This game was about a decent team & watching how others made little tweaks & how they turned out. Start with Southampton & I for one will have a completely different team to every one ASAP - As will others. Then it's just another tired old super league. I urge you to reconsider.
This man talks a lot of sense. :)

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

OK I concede but I'm very surprised and disappointed by the unbelievable negativity, some people could see its merit but I won't lose founder members of the competition that wouldn't be right.

So where next? I don't want a Fiso chosen X1, we could choose the TFF Facebook or Twitter team or I could use thelips.

I'll do a poll and let you all decide.

mike_d99
Grumpy Old Man
Location: cut down like a vegetable by your hard kickin mother who's an animal
FS Record: 269th TFF 08/09, 11th TFFO 08/09, 49th TFFE 08/09, 50th Elephant 10/11, 92nd Sky Sports 10/11

Post by mike_d99 »

Methane on Titan wrote:
Beerfuelledman wrote:Hate it. This game was about a decent team & watching how others made little tweaks & how they turned out. Start with Southampton & I for one will have a completely different team to every one ASAP - As will others. Then it's just another tired old super league. I urge you to reconsider.
This man talks a lot of sense. :)
Have to say I agree with this. Everyone's just going to end up with completely different teams, which isn't what the Egg Cup is about. Why not just pick a starting XI, then substitute some of the stronger choices for second, third or fourth picks, and go from there?

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

starting-team-poll-7-days-t96326.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vote away.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Egg Cup Archive”