To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Egg Leagues 2013/14 - Leagues now confirmed.

Archive for Egg Cup topics.
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: Egg Leagues 2013/14 - Confirm your place

Post by Spinynorman »

Yes please and thank you.

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

I think a second season in a row of inactivity means Ive had my day here. I will bow out. I just dont get time to do justice to what has been and always will be the best comp on Fiso.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

Karrde wrote:I think a second season in a row of inactivity means Ive had my day here. I will bow out. I just dont get time to do justice to what has been and always will be the best comp on Fiso.
Previous PL winner too. :cry:

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Karrde wrote:I think a second season in a row of inactivity means Ive had my day here. I will bow out. I just dont get time to do justice to what has been and always will be the best comp on Fiso.
Just wondering if it's worth having a "Broken Egg" league for those that can't commit to the proper Egg Cup? Follow the same rules at the start by sticking in a team in the same way but no pressure to keep on top of it, sometimes leaving a team for 3 or 4 weeks at a time without looking at it doesn't hurt in the slightest :-)

Smurf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Smurf »

I'm in again Paul. Thanks for running everything this season and thanks in advance for next season :wink:

paulgrinny
Treebeard
FS Record: 71st in Tinkerman league

Post by paulgrinny »

Count me in, try and win that tinkerman trophy for a third season AND get promoted, love the tortoise :wink:

Alchemist
Grumpy Old Chemist
Location: Finally in the promised land - Premiership Champions 2014 - Come on you Saints!!!!!
FS Record: Snoopy vs The Red Baron

Post by Alchemist »

I shall return once more. Thanks HH

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

I'm in

Loving the Broken Egg idea though!

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Still to confirm:-

Premier League:-
Digsby
The Woolster
The Saint
BFM

Championship
Mark1886
The Ledge (unlikely)
Primitive Man
Razorback
Boltonboy

League 1
All accounted for - shows how it should be done!

League 2
Chaser2k4
Cherylhoney
Hogweed

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Vid wrote:
Just wondering if it's worth having a "Broken Egg" league for those that can't commit to the proper Egg Cup? Follow the same rules at the start by sticking in a team in the same way but no pressure to keep on top of it, sometimes leaving a team for 3 or 4 weeks at a time without looking at it doesn't hurt in the slightest :-)
Shame to see you two guys leaving, and at the risk of sticking my nose in where it's not wanted...

If I've understood correctly, there are two different situations here:

Some people (like Karrde) play by the rules, posting their transfers on the thread, but simply haven't got time to manage their teams closely enough to do well, and so end up getting relegated. They could continue to play in the egg cup leagues, as they are not breaking any rules, but faced with little chance of winning anything, they prefer to leave. In this case, this is no different than any other TFF league, such as the £25 league or Tiny League.

Others (like you) have got the time to manage their team and therefore do well, but find posting their transfers on the thread too much of an overhead, and so end up breaking the rules. To me, the answer to that is pretty simple - you decide to treat your egg team as different to any other TFF team, in that you don't let yourself make any transfer until after you have posted the change on here. If you haven't got time to post, you simply don't make the transfer. Doing it that way around you make sure you play by the rules, and there would be no reason to drop out of the egg cup competition. Of course you may then find that you make less transfers and your performance suffers (like Karrde), but that's a different story.

To be honest, while it takes a little while to post the "full format" transfer updates on here (with updated team list and value, reasons, transfer history etc), when people are pressed for time/up against the deadline, they often use the approach of posting a quick "Fellaini in for injured Michu before tonight's game", which hardly takes any time at all. And then they post the full format version a bit later when they do have the time. That seems to work well - but, at the end of the day, only you can say whether you have or have not got the time to do this.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Hogmeister wrote:To be honest, while it takes a little while to post the "full format" transfer updates on here (with updated team list and value, reasons, transfer history etc), when people are pressed for time/up against the deadline, they often use the approach of posting a quick "Fellaini in for injured Michu before tonight's game", which hardly takes any time at all. And then they post the full format version a bit later when they do have the time. That seems to work well - but, at the end of the day, only you can say whether you have or have not got the time to do this.
Precisely. I've used the 'brief format' more this season. Sometime when doing transfers I am on my mobile so it isn't at all easy to do the copy/paste/edit of a 'full format' post until I am next on a PC.

If you find it a chore to report your swaps (EDIT - or are unable to for whatever reason) then, to be blunt, the Eggcup is not for you. There are plenty of superleagues out there with different quirks and approaches to suit every taste. The whole Eggcup concept was about a fun, out-in-the-open, way of seeing how we all diversify an initial team - and who does it best (the original comp started when then-TFF-novice thelip put a team in mid-season in TFF and we were all giving him different advice so decided to have a comp to see whose approach did best*).

* = mine
Last edited by murf on 22 May 2013, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Agree Hog, I never force anyone to play but the rules are simple enough to abide by and it's annoying for those that comply when people don't.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

murf wrote:so decided to have a comp to see whose approach did best*).

* = mine
easy egg cup that :twisted: :wink:

Digsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS relegation fodder

Post by Digsby »

Blue me up!

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Hogmeister wrote:
If I've understood correctly, there are two different situations here:

Others (like you) have got the time to manage their team and therefore do well, but find posting their transfers on the thread too much of an overhead, and so end up breaking the rules. To me, the answer to that is pretty simple - you decide to treat your egg team as different to any other TFF team, in that you don't let yourself make any transfer until after you have posted the change on here. If you haven't got time to post, you simply don't make the transfer. Doing it that way around you make sure you play by the rules, and there would be no reason to drop out of the egg cup competition. Of course you may then find that you make less transfers and your performance suffers (like Karrde), but that's a different story.
In truth, no you aren't even close to understanding my situation, it's not about it being a chore at all, it is pure and simply to do with time available and my ability to do something "simple" when physically and mentally exhausted. If I happen to get home from work in time on the weekend to make transfers then I bang through as many teams as I can in the 5/10/15 minutes available, if I don't then no transfers get made. The Egg team this year has been high enough in my list to get transfers done on the occasions that I've been able to make them, but it certainly hasn't been managed in the sense of the word that you mean. I will then do things such as get a coffee, have a shower, get some food, I might even grunt at the wife if she's in. Other things to do as well (life isn't just work and FISO, a few things mentioned here and there on the forum that have taken up a fair bit of my time and energy over the last year or so too), then bed. Get up 3/4 hours later, eat, watch a bit of telly, grunt at the wife again, back to bed for a couple of hours and then up and off to work again. I haven't gone periods of 2/3/4/5 weeks without making transfers because I'm saving them or have been happy with the team, I simply haven't been home in time to make them, in all likelihood if I had the time to see team news and make "informed" decisions the team would have fared much worse -but probably still not as badly as Karrde's :D

Makes no odds though, rules are rules, good luck to all those playing next season!

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

I'll be playing next season HH...

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Vid - Why do you do the moderator role if you are short on time?

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Vid wrote:In truth, no you aren't even close to understanding my situation, it's not about it being a chore at all, it is pure and simply to do with time available and my ability to do something "simple" when physically and mentally exhausted. If I happen to get home from work in time on the weekend to make transfers then I bang through as many teams as I can in the 5/10/15 minutes available, if I don't then no transfers get made. The Egg team this year has been high enough in my list to get transfers done on the occasions that I've been able to make them, but it certainly hasn't been managed in the sense of the word that you mean. I will then do things such as get a coffee, have a shower, get some food, I might even grunt at the wife if she's in. Other things to do as well (life isn't just work and FISO, a few things mentioned here and there on the forum that have taken up a fair bit of my time and energy over the last year or so too), then bed. Get up 3/4 hours later, eat, watch a bit of telly, grunt at the wife again, back to bed for a couple of hours and then up and off to work again. I haven't gone periods of 2/3/4/5 weeks without making transfers because I'm saving them or have been happy with the team, I simply haven't been home in time to make them, in all likelihood if I had the time to see team news and make "informed" decisions the team would have fared much worse -but probably still not as badly as Karrde's :D

Makes no odds though, rules are rules, good luck to all those playing next season!
OK, fair enough (no offence meant btw) - in those circumstances, sounds like you've done extremely well this season. With so little time available, I'm sure all my teams would have sunk without trace!

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Razorback wrote:I'll be playing next season HH...
You've been very quiet on Fiso this season RB, been busy too?

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

happyhoppy wrote:Vid - Why do you do the moderator role if you are short on time?
Been here a very long time, I've tried to quit quite a few times, but never quite managed to escape :-) I'm generally useful (although a few posters and probably a few mods would disagree :wink: :D) but not doing much of the housekeeping at present, but will do my bit ahead of the new season - an incredibly busy period for us, somebody has to do it and it will again take precedence over what I'm doing myself.

:D

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Count me in.

Plan to make the telegraph my main game next season after two seasons of not really bothering.

Razorback
FISO Knight
FS Record: 8th overall TFF 06/07, TFF25s & FISO Super League Champion 06/07, FISO Euro 2008 Predictions League Champion, 2nd overall Sky FF 08/09, 263rd overall FPL 08/09, Block Party Super League Champion 10/11 & 44th overall TFF 11/12

Post by Razorback »

happyhoppy wrote:
Razorback wrote:I'll be playing next season HH...
You've been very quiet on Fiso this season RB, been busy too?
Yes :wink: ...

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

The Woolster
The Saint

Championship
Mark1886
The Ledge (unlikely)
Primitive Man
Boltonboy

League 2
Chaser2k4
Cherylhoney
Hogweed

The Saint
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier League Champion 2014-15

Post by The Saint »

Yes please. Thanks for organising again. Great comp. :)

BOLTONBOY
FISOhead

Post by BOLTONBOY »

Please count me in again.Like my home team Chester will be after a third straight promotion :) .Thanks for organising a great competition Paul.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

The Woolster - should be ok

Championship
Primitive Man

League 2
Cherylhoney
Hogweed

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Championship
Primitive Man

League 2
Cherylhoney
Hogweed

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

Getting close now, PMed the stragglers.

Nearly an egg box of drop outs so will probably dispense with League 3.

It may seem like that those that gained promotion in L2 and L3 haven't been rewarded as you are joined by most of your league from last season but think of it as still being one league closer to the PL and having beaten them all once you know what to expect!

rossn13
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 12th TFFE 09/10

Post by rossn13 »

happyhoppy wrote:Getting close now, PMed the stragglers.

Nearly an egg box of drop outs so will probably dispense with League 3.

It may seem like that those that gained promotion in L2 and L3 haven't been rewarded as you are joined by most of your league from last season but think of it as still being one league closer to the PL and having beaten them all once you know what to expect!
Poking my nose in where it's not needed here :P
Why not make the lowest level new managers only / shrink the league above that accordingly. I haven't even looked at player numbers so don't know if it's viable :lol:

happyhoppy
FISO Knight

Post by happyhoppy »

All the Leagues will comprise 12 perfectly formed eggs apart from the bottom league so L2 may have more than 12 (hopefully not less) if there isn't enough for a L3. At the moment we have 8 confirmed for L2. Plenty of time to see how this pans out.

I'm more concerned about the stragglers at the moment so I can confirm the leagues above.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Egg Cup Archive”