To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

35mm Film developing

A forum for Photography discussion.
Fuzzy Logic
Grumpy Old Man

35mm Film developing

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

Hi all,

I've recently got back into film photography and would like to know where you go to get your films developed, my first batch went to the local chemist ( I won't be doing that again! )

Would anyone have any reliable places they use, postal or otherwise. From what I have read it seems to be a bit hit and miss, so I'm opting for the FISO view. :-)

Regards

Richard.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Re: 35mm Film developing

Post by Spencer4 »

We used to use a firm called Colab. Looking for them on the interweb it seems they've joined up with another company but still do processing.

http://www.onevisionimaging.com/traditi ... Intro.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Colab used to be very good and reasonable, can't confirm whether that's still the case unfortunatly. I presume you're talking about colour film. If it's black and white I'd suggest doing it yourself.

Fuzzy Logic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fuzzy Logic »

Cheers Spence

I'll give them a try get a 25% discount for first time user :-). Sadly I had some pics that I wanted back quickly. I gave 4 rolls to Asda, only 20 pictures came out. Bloody shutter had been jamming halfway down :-(. One roll was sons first day of school.

Not worth repairing. However the Wife, unbeknownst to me, picked up another Canon from charity shop today. So looking forward to trying again.

Carpet
FISOhead

Post by Carpet »

I used Snappy Snaps as they're one of the few places that will do matte prints with a white border.

I think they are a franchise operation so their service varies from shop to shop. Reading was excellent, but now in Maidenhead, their machine broke and so they have to send them out so printing takes at least a day. Also, I have a couple of Russian cameras which are temperamental, and this store has now start to charge me for developing film that turns out to be unexposed.

Stay away from the chemists.

Postal operations are the other option although most of their cheap prices are based on getting ridiculously small prints.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Photography”