To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Tapatalk (for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Nokia) goes Live

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
stuboy
Dumbledore

Re: Tapatalk (for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Nokia) goes L

Post by stuboy »

Any chance we can prevent people using Tapatalk from multi posting? I understand that they are getting some sort of error message so they just keep retrying. It's ruining a number of threads - and will also mean murf is on 100,000 posts by the end of November :shock:

Either that, or just a message asking people to copy their text before they submit and if they get an error, just check it hasn't posted in forum before reposting. If it hasn't, just paste the text again, without having to rewrite.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Any chance we can prevent people using Tapatalk from multi posting? I understand that they are getting some sort of error message so they just keep retrying. It's ruining a number of threads - and will also mean murf is on 100,000 posts by the end of November :shock:

Either that, or just a message asking people to copy their text before they submit and if they get an error, just check it hasn't posted in forum before reposting. If it hasn't, just paste the text again, without having to rewrite.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

I don't use Tapatalk - but I think you get the idea :wink:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I don't ever repost when using Tapatalk. I always hit back up as soon as I get the 'cannot post' message and always 2 posts appear.

It is actually reducing my post count as I only do a small fraction of the posts I would otherwise submit because I know the double posts annoy people. Thats when using my phone. Posting as normal on computer at other times like now.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

murf wrote:I don't ever repost when using Tapatalk. I always hit back up as soon as I get the 'cannot post' message and always 2 posts appear.

It is actually reducing my post count as I only do a small fraction of the posts I would otherwise submit because I know the double posts annoy people. Thats when using my phone. Posting as normal on computer at other times like now.
What murf said^^

Exactly the same for me. Can't seem to find the tapatalk option for deleting posts, so the forum is littered with double posts from me.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

For some reason there wasn't an option earlier (on computer) to delete one of my tapatalk double posts despite it being last on the thread :?

There is usually an X next to the ! if yours is the last post on a thread. There is on this post now for me.

Chuck Taylor
Dumbledore
FS Record: 11/12 Sun WDT Top 100 ~ 2012 BDO Darts FISO League Champion ~ 2011 Yorkshire Post Golf Weekly Winner ~ 10/11 TFF Wk 8 Winner ~ TFF FISO Block Party Cup Winner ~ Daily Mail 61st

Post by Chuck Taylor »

I'm surprised nobody has published tapatalks email address on here, its admin@tapatalk.com

I've just sent them an email explaining the problem and if others already haven't I suggest they do to hopefully get it sorted.

On another note it's also really slow on 3g for me, only works well on wi fi which isn't overly useful.

gazwood
Dumbledore

Post by gazwood »

Been playing up several weeks for me too. Not just the double posting, but in the latest 24 hours section, many topics simply don't appear, regardless of whether it's listed as read, participated or unread. :roll:

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

gazwood wrote:Been playing up several weeks for me too. Not just the double posting, but in the latest 24 hours section, many topics simply don't appear, regardless of whether it's listed as read, participated or unread. :roll:
An observation for you - but no idea if this is to do with you personally; the way you login or if it is a Tapatalk issue but even though you are the last poster (before me), on the main forum page, it still shows Chuck as being the last poster - it does not recognise that you have made a post.

(I didn't "back to" pages in case anyone thinks this is the problem)
Gazwood Posting.JPG
Gazwood Posting 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Both mods and users have been in contact with TT's developers via their forum. And FISO/admin's web developers have been asked to look at this.

We've reinstalled the current TT plug in thingy and the new version of TT's software hasn't helped.

Guys - this is being worked on on several levels so please bear with us all. Ta

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Do we have the up to date version of the Tapatalk plugin? My app is complaining it's not and it's taken away some (admittedly not important) functionality.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”