To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Submit Articles/Links on non-forum pages - Now Add Comments!

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Submit Articles/Links on non-forum pages - Now Add Comments!

Post by admin »

To add an Article or a Link to the new website simply go to the relevant category (Fantasy Football, FISO Groups or Fantasy Sports) or sub-category thereof and select the 'write an article' or 'submit a link' option.

Examples of articles could be:

1. Summary about the rules or the tactics for a particular fantasy game;
2. Commentary on how your Fantasy Team did least season;
3. Summary about a particular FISO Group and for example events held.
4. Background about you and how you got into fantasy sports or FISO.
5. What is your favourite fantasy sports game and why.

Articles will have a more permanent and prominent nature than posts on the forum. There are some great threads/posts on the forum (often the stickies) which would make great articles. Often sticky forum threads will have useful links which would be useful to have within the Links on the website.
Last edited by admin on 21 Mar 2008, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Where are the articles? I can see from the admin panel that 10 have been submitted and one waiting for approval(?) but I can only see 3 from the "homepage" or is there another FISO front end somewhere?

There was piles of stuff on the old FISO site that is apparently gone for good? Some was out of date or needed rewriting but useful/interesting stuff just lost?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Vid wrote:Where are the articles? I can see from the admin panel that 10 have been submitted and one waiting for approval(?) but I can only see 3 from the "homepage" or is there another FISO front end somewhere?

There was piles of stuff on the old FISO site that is apparently gone for good? Some was out of date or needed rewriting but useful/interesting stuff just lost?
Articles are attached to each 'category'. And the latest ones are linked to from the Homepage.

I select 'featured' articles which then appear permanently on the Homepage, as I will do with your Oct preview when you've done the tarting up.

I've asked BD to restore the old FISO pages (other than the old homepage) - they did tell me they would keep them online.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Maybe it's me being thick but beyond the 3 on my homepage (don't like the concept at all BTW) there is no way for me to view any other articles. What categories? Where are they? (I know I had to select one for posting) but as far as I can tell there's a load of stuff missing/ not linked?

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Vid wrote:Maybe it's me being thick but beyond the 3 on my homepage (don't like the concept at all BTW) there is no way for me to view any other articles. What categories? Where are they? (I know I had to select one for posting) but as far as I can tell there's a load of stuff missing/ not linked?
Vid, try hovering over "fantasy sports" in the menu at the top of the page. You then get a list of categories which you can select. You could also click on "fantasy football". Then there is a submenu at the top of the page for articles and links.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Bramernic wrote:
Vid wrote:Maybe it's me being thick but beyond the 3 on my homepage (don't like the concept at all BTW) there is no way for me to view any other articles. What categories? Where are they? (I know I had to select one for posting) but as far as I can tell there's a load of stuff missing/ not linked?
Vid, try hovering over "fantasy sports" in the menu at the top of the page. You then get a list of categories which you can select. You could also click on "fantasy football". Then there is a submenu at the top of the page for articles and links.
How the hell is anyone supposed to know that any of that is there??? No wonder there are no articles submitted other than admin's! What a completely idiotic set up!!!!! Can't been seen to read or to post unless you know that they're there!!!

Give us a proper front page with proper links!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

admin
FISO Administrator

Re: Submitting Articles & Links on FISO's non-forum webpages

Post by admin »

As part of the recent upgrade, BD added a facility so that members can add Comments to the Articles on the non-forum part of FISO.

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Re: Submitting Articles & Links on FISO's non-forum webpages

Post by anon6 »

admin wrote:As part of the recent upgrade, BD added a facility so that members can add Comments to the Articles on the non-forum part of FISO.
So, would that be like a forum, but in the non-forum part ;-) :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”