To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Banner Adverts - Changes

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: Banner Adverts - Changes

Post by Ashers »

Christ these ads are annoying and are making it near impossible to use FISO on my phone.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Ashers wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 13:57 Christ these ads are annoying and are making it near impossible to use FISO on my phone.

x2

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

I don't really understand how this sort off stuff works, but why do I get no adds at all on my phone, is it not simple for others to switch something off/ on.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

It used to happen a bit before the ads but it is much worse now. It's the about to click on a thread scenario and then the site skips a bit and you click on the next one up. That drives me nuts.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Cough...
admin wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 11:13If the display issues can't be resolved by Wednesday then I'll put the ad code on our test site instead and work on it from there.
Cough.....

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Dennisthemenace »

I've no probs with ads per say, but they are too big and just annoying. It actually puts me off buying whatever's advertised!

I also thought it was a data protection thingy nowadays, where companies are not allowed to advertise based on your internet usage. Certainly, on Facebook there was an 'opt out' button which if you ticked it all adverts became random and if you didn't then all your personal internet usage was used in adverts targeted towards you. Something like that anyway.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Dennisthemenace wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 16:16 I've no probs with ads per say, but they are too big and just annoying. It actually puts me off buying whatever's advertised!
Not just the size but the poor implementation meaning everything jumps around as it slowly appears and/or resizes and you end up clicking on the wrong thing or losing your place half way through typing :evil:

Hotpot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotpot »

The ads at the bottom are annoying as F****.

Please do something about it :evil:

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Jester wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 14:16
Ashers wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 13:57 Christ these ads are annoying and are making it near impossible to use FISO on my phone.

x2
x3

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

The ad at the top has stopped causing the page to jump about while loading. It still obscures something, but whatever it is isn’t something I’ve missed using. The one at the bottom isn’t big enough to bother me.

I use either a desktop or a full sized iPad. I can’t imagine doing any surfing on my phone - that’s what apps are for.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I'm using a laptop and the page jumps causing incorrect links to be clicked. Utterly irritating.

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

I've now got ebay video adverts at the bottom. I'll screen shot if it happens again.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Dennisthemenace wrote: 24 Nov 2018, 22:21 I've now got ebay video adverts at the bottom. I'll screen shot if it happens again.

I get those as well. At the moment it's the stuff at the bottom that seems to be most annoying.

Dennisthemenace
Grumpy Old Man

screenshot of the video advert
Screenshot (4).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Dennisthemenace wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 12:57 screenshot of the video advert
I get a big Lego one, crazy

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Ironically, I've been getting adverts for the film 'Ralph Wrecks the Internet '!

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Sorry for the delay, had a busy weekend. Have just uploaded further code sent by Snack Media which should stop the forum content jumping down when the top ad banner is loaded, particularly if you have a slow internet speed. Have tested it with different browsers on my laptop and seems to work fine but please let me know if it doesn't.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Are you considering alternatives to the bottom banner?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

What! when i came on first tonight all these sirens and bells went off telling me my files will all be lost :shock: im not good with technology :oops: so i immediately restarted my computer and it hasnt happened this time - where did that come from? should I be concerned?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

wahine wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 07:11 What! when i came on first tonight all these sirens and bells went off telling me my files will all be lost :shock: im not good with technology :oops: so i immediately restarted my computer and it hasnt happened this time - where did that come from? should I be concerned?
Sounds like a “scareware” fake virus alert, if it didn’t recur when you restarted - they are generally trying to get you to phone a number/click a link to install something that really will damage your device or steal your money.

If those are occurring through FISO ads though there really is a problem with the supplier.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

This bottom banner needs removing

Just intrusive.... Having to remove it every page in order to read anything

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 08:12 This bottom banner needs removing

Just intrusive.... Having to remove it every page in order to read anything
In order for me to look into why scrolling down to read the further content does not work for you, I need to know your device and browser so I can test it. Anyone with any problems please provide this info (either on this topic or via PM).

The bottom sticky banner works fine for me on my laptop (under various browsers), on tablet (mini Ipad and Samsung tablet) and Samsung smartphone (where I find it least noticeable).

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Chrome

Huawei p20

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

forestfan wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 07:53
wahine wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 07:11 What! when i came on first tonight all these sirens and bells went off telling me my files will all be lost :shock: im not good with technology :oops: so i immediately restarted my computer and it hasnt happened this time - where did that come from? should I be concerned?
Sounds like a “scareware” fake virus alert, if it didn’t recur when you restarted - they are generally trying to get you to phone a number/click a link to install something that really will damage your device or steal your money.

If those are occurring through FISO ads though there really is a problem with the supplier.
I got the you gave won an i phone pop up last night with fiso as the only website open, newish lap top and no previous svareware issues.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 08:47 Chrome

Huawei p20
And what exactly happens when you scroll down that means you still can't read anything?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I've had that bollox warning about my Windows not being up to date and the risk of losing data three times in the last week. ALWAYS AND ONLY on Fiso. It's a pain as if you don't fancy pressing the malware or whatever loading button you can't close the thing down without logging off. While this only wastes less than a minute it suggests that Fiso should sack the idiots who are allowing this to happen and find another "supplier".

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Striker wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 16:13

I've had that bollox warning about my Windows not being up to date and the risk of losing data three times in the last week. ALWAYS AND ONLY on Fiso. It's a pain as if you don't fancy pressing the malware or whatever loading button you can't close the thing down without logging off. While this only wastes less than a minute it suggests that Fiso should sack the idiots who are allowing this to happen and find another "supplier".
I think this may have been our fault. Rob and I were testing ad banners on our sub-domain test site and didn't put the same ad authoriation codes on it which looks like it impacted the quality of the ads shown on the main site. Hopefully all fixed now.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Is this why "1 Day" doesn't seem to work anymore?

Is this the place to ask how to stop Ad's on my phone, which no other site has. There is a really annoying green Xmas thing which surrounds the whole screen.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

admin wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 13:20
Yorkshire Exile wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 08:47 Chrome

Huawei p20
And what exactly happens when you scroll down that means you still can't read anything?
The ad at the bottom now appears to dissappear after a few seconds (has this always been the case)?

I’m not seeing the massive Lego one either.

From your comments Chris - doesn’t appear that you believe this bottom advert is an issue?

Whilst it is true and we can scroll down - it really does impact my experience (and I think others share that view). It’s not the end of the world, but it’s not great. It’s really intrusive and the fact that it’s not something that is employed elsewhere is telling. There’s a reason that even sites that are built purely to sell us stuff don’t utilise that tactic.

There is limited real estate on a mobile device. Even a small advert means the loss of say 20% of the screen is bad (iPhone 6S). Additional scrolling is bad. Appreciate these are very much first world problems.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

blahblah wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 23:37 Is this why "1 Day" doesn't seem to work anymore?
I will look into. In the meantime there is also a 1 day link under the orange '3 line' menu bar.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”