To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Forum Features

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Re: New Forum Features

Post by germainelefoe »

Looking a lot better for me now (on a full blown laptop) .

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

I figured out how to fix the horizontal scrolling issue. It's the banner advert that loads in the header:

div.banner-parent > div { max-width: 100%; }

You're welcome.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I really don’t understand the chat function - what is it for compared to the threads ?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

well you could talk about whatever you like, dont have to stick to the thread or even footy? where are you from ?where you going on holiday, know any good restaurants :D

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

wahine wrote:well you could talk about whatever you like, dont have to stick to the thread or even footy? where are you from ?where you going on holiday, know any good restaurants :D
Can do all of that in the forum!

We used to back in the (good?) old days

PS Used FISO briefly on a laptop last night for first time since changes. Only enough time to think 'oh no, it looks different, don't like it, don't like unecessary change' rather than spot anything specific.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Looks much better with the text resized.

Don't know if this is related to the new changes but I have -1 PMs??

PM1.PNG

Don't know if its related to the outbox saying I have 1 - but there's nothing there.

PM2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

wahine wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 07:41 well you could talk about whatever you like, dont have to stick to the thread or even footy? where are you from ?where you going on holiday, know any good restaurants :D
sounds like freshers week

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Sounds like freshers week correction:

where are you from? what course are you on? where you going tonight? know any good dealers?

:wink:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

PS Not sure I like the orange bits in the text box near my avatar, especially as other 'answers' are in black

PPS The 'home' box at the very top is cut off to the left when I have FISO in a window (not full screen) - adjusting window size can also shift the whole row too far right (starts off Corbyn, end up Mogg. To appeal to the masses it should be unoffensive, bland and central like early Blair)

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

I am finding the text in all the topics too small @ 100%
I am using Chrome and have increased to 125% and its still a bit small for me, but if i go any higher all other parts of the site are too large

100%
100.PNG
125%
125.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

I’ve never noticed the feature before but the “subscribe topic” option in the drop down at the end of a thread seems to work the wrong way.

Tick the subscribe box and it says you have unsubscribed (and I think that is actually the case as well) hence the box labels are the wrong way round?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

hancockjr wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 09:02 I’ve never noticed the feature before but the “subscribe topic” option in the drop down at the end of a thread seems to work the wrong way.

Tick the subscribe box and it says you have unsubscribed (and I think that is actually the case as well) hence the box labels are the wrong way round?
i think when it ticked you are already subscribed so by unticking you are unsubscribing

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

Thanks to everyone that has provided feedback, I'll make a few further tweaks

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

fred1266 wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 14:43
hancockjr wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 09:02 I’ve never noticed the feature before but the “subscribe topic” option in the drop down at the end of a thread seems to work the wrong way.

i think when it ticked you are already subscribed so by unticking you are unsubscribing
It’s certainly a different way around to every other web site and tick box. I’m not sure it’s letting me unsubscribe whatever I do.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

hancockjr wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 21:03
fred1266 wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 14:43

It’s certainly a different way around to every other web site and tick box. I’m not sure it’s letting me unsubscribe whatever I do.
i think with Fiso once you view a topic you automatically subscribe to it since i never click subscribe but get emails for it so

SamD
FISO Knight

Forum Features

Post by SamD »

Been away for a week so viewing update on PC for first time. Changes generally fine and posts easier to read, thanks.

Noticed 'code & /code' table no longer displays in full though: eg: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=126904&p=3242675#p3242675

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

murf wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 11:14 Sounds like freshers week correction:

where are you from? what course are you on? where you going tonight? know any good dealers?

:wink:
:D

taivt
FISOhead
FS Record: 2 times Fiso H2H Premier League Winner in 2020-2021 and 2021-2022

Post by taivt »

How to find option like the old filter 1 day,7 day.... in each subforum? (not the whole forum)

SamD
FISO Knight

Display posts

Post by SamD »

@ taivt:
'Display and Sorting Option' tab at bottom left of screen allows reader to change filter.

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Jules wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 02:03 div.banner-parent > div { max-width: 100%; }
Please add this simple line of CSS. It will make browsing the site on my mobile much easier if I don’t have to horizontal scroll or zoom in to make the forum fill the width of my screen.

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Come on guys, this is such an easy fix to make and will improve the mobile experience a lot. See what we have to put up with:
2971336C-34AD-43E7-B60F-8BFDB8F73A44.jpeg

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

Jules wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 12:15 Come on guys, this is such an easy fix to make and will improve the mobile experience a lot. See what we have to put up with:
Jules, your suggested fix was added but didn't seem to take effect and I haven't had the time to look into it further. For now, I've added display: none for small screens

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

Thanks Rob. If display:none; is working, then try max-width:100% !important; as that should stop it from being larger than its containing DIV.

Having said that, I much prefer the site without the adverts! :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Rob wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 10:50
Beerfuelledman wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 10:01 The threads look nicer now. My own preference would be for a blank line defaulted in after a quote; I think it looks neater than the reply being pushed up against the quote.
Also on the main screen "My latest posts" Im not sure I like the addition of red - red along with orange seems overly gaudy. It was just orange before wasnt it? FISOs colours are blue & orange - not red, blue & orange.... :idea:

:)
There should now be more of a gap between quote and next text - I haven't inserted a line but have tweaked the layout.
hancockjr wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 09:16
Rob wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 09:15
hancockjr wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 09:12 No longer have the “1-day” option at the end of threads which I used a lot.

I think 2 clicks now to find the last days updated topics. Not huge but I use it alll the time so defintely a negative.
I can add that back today.
Super. Can you add “your posts” link too? I like that one also and always seemed odd not to have it.
'1 Day' and 'Your posts' have been added to the bottom of topics.
sorry Rob if I come again upon this after some time has passed
I had let it go at the time, as there were so many details to deal with and this one didn't look crucial to me

but now following some links in Dod's RMT I stumbled upon this old TD post
(won't copy it here as it's over two screens long)
viewtopic.php?p=3008494#p3008494
there TD replies RNZ point by point, by quoting individual RNZ points separately
(the same did RNZ to Stemania in previous post)

Well, TD intended to reply to each point AFTER having quoted it
TD text lines should be attached, or anyway CLOSER, to the ABOVE quote as in reply to it,
and NOT to the following quote as it is now.
This way instead it looks like all TD comments are a header/introduction to the following quote.

This is SO WRONG

It doesn't just "look" wrong, it IS wrong because it betrays the writer intentions (and makes a nightmare reading his post)
I understand it was made and tweaked in good intention, to make a poster life "easier" :? :?:

but the example above shows how WRONG it looks, it's not a matter of someone's "preferences",
it's putting statements distant from what they refer to, and very close to something they're not related at all with
even your "There should now be more of a gap between quote and next text - I haven't inserted a line but have tweaked the layout." line is actually spaced differently than it looks in the quote inserted above.
Go check your original post viewtopic.php?p=3239323#p3239323, and see yourself how it seems to refer to "No longer have the “1-day” option" quote rather than to the previous "My own preference would be for a blank line defaulted in after a quote" quote

the obvious solution would be: let the writer to decide

OK if you want to leave a minimum distance between a quote box and the surrounding text.
But imho, and by logic, and how demonstrated by the linked examples,
the distance of a text line/paragraph from the preceding and the following quote boxes should be THE SAME by default.
(or if you prefer to put it differently, the default margin in the layout above and below a quote box, should be the same, even up to a whole line if you want, but the same)

Let then the writer decide whether there should be more space above OR below, by manually adding :o the extra lines he likes to add, according to what he wants the meaning of what he writes to be

Thanks

Jules
Grumpy Old Web Guru

Post by Jules »

You might want to undo whatever change you made to make everything text-align: center

:roll:

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Just and idea for the forum could possibly add an ‘@‘ feature if possible?

So for example if someone wants to mention another user they can in say one of the mini league banter pages so the other user can know that someone has mentioned them without having to go on the thread first.

muldoon
FISOhead
FS Record: many years playing TFF, still learning the FPL ropes

Post by muldoon »

@admin I notice I've started getting private messages about upcoming FISO newsletters. Personally I don't think this warrants a private message, and do not want to continue having these PM's please, its definitely not something I've opted in for recently.

The notification says I can choose not to be notified of new messages by changing the appropriate setting in my profile, but having just been into my profile I can't find out how to do it. There is no 'unsubscribe' link or other option on the notification, so please can you advise of the process for unsubscribing from these private messages please. Thanks.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

muldoon wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 15:34 @admin I notice I've started getting private messages about upcoming FISO newsletters. Personally I don't think this warrants a private message, and do not want to continue having these PM's please, its definitely not something I've opted in for recently.

The notification says I can choose not to be notified of new messages by changing the appropriate setting in my profile, but having just been into my profile I can't find out how to do it. There is no 'unsubscribe' link or other option on the notification, so please can you advise of the process for unsubscribing from these private messages please. Thanks.
The easiest thing is for me to just manually remove you from the list of members receiving newsletters which I've done.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Can you remove me as well please.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

murf wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 16:57 Can you remove me as well please.
Of course, Baron murf. Will add to future PM newsletters that members can reply to unsubscribe.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”