To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Twitter, and site suggestions

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Twitter, and site suggestions

Post by Tacalabala »

I've been meaning to post this for a while, so here goes:

1) If it's ok with whoever is responsible, I'd like to have a crack at taking on the Twitter account? I'm looking at potentially moving into digital marketing as a career change, I've worked through Google Digital Garage and getting some real world experience is obviously a good thing.

2) I did have a number of observations about the direction of the site:

- The logo and branding is starting to look a bit dated, I think we can do better, the logo needs to work social media profiles. I'd be willing to pitch in with a few bob.
- Can we look into further integrating the site with Twitter and Instagram?
- The sections could do with a bit of tidying up, much of the fantasy football section is redundant because many of the games have closed down, and many of the daily FFs aren't popular enough to justify their own section.
- Reply all on PMs, multi-quote posts

I would be nice if this could kick off a conversation ahead of the new season, ultimately we are all after the end goal of attracting more regular posters and better quality and varied discussion.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: Twitter, and site suggestions

Post by Ashers »

Hi Tacalabala,

You may have noticed that lots of the redundant forums have been archived today.

I would suggest sending a PM to Admin & Mad Dog regarding taking over the Twitter account. Currently this is run by Mad Dog.

Do you not have the option to Reply All on PMs?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Ashers wrote:Hi Tacalabala,

You may have noticed that lots of the redundant forums have been archived today.

I would suggest sending a PM to Admin & Mad Dog regarding taking over the Twitter account. Currently this is run by Mad Dog.

Cheers Ash - re Reply All, would you not expect the option to appear for message I've sent out in the Sent folder? Reply All to sent messages in Outlook, for example, would do just that.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Tacalabala wrote:

Cheers Ash - re Reply All, would you not expect the option to appear for message I've sent out in the Sent folder? Reply All to sent messages in Outlook, for example, would do just that.
It does appear for me. Just checked and I can reply all.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Ashers wrote:
Tacalabala wrote:

It does appear for me. Just checked and I can reply all.
Yep, I see it now! Maybe the graphic just didn't load on my phone? I had thought it was strange as I thought that it had been included ages ago.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Twitter is a hard one. Trying to get interactions when there seems to be a billion fpl accounts. Fpl armadillo, fpl aardvark fpl zebra. Anyone who's once finished in the top 5k has a twitter account.

I'd be happy to pass that onto you pal but best check with the boss first

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Sorry, there are lots of questions in this post...

What do you think the current overlap is between Twitter and FISO?

Do you think there are people on FISO who never use Twitter, and if so why? FYI - I've not got a Twitter account though happily read a few Twitter sites without being registered/contributing.

I assume there are people on Twitter who have never heard of FISO. What would entice them to become FISO regulars? Why has FISO Twitter not been popular in the past?

Is there some search engine jiggery-pokery that can be done to get FISO Twitter trending? What is our gimmick to get us to stand out from the crowd?

From the last FISO Forum revamp it was obvious that people don't like change! Perhaps this is to do with the clientele that FISO keeps (mainly men of a certain age?)

If Twitter takes off could it spell the end of FISO as we know it?

I agree that the start of the season is the right time to see if you can boost Twitter traffic. Good luck with your efforts

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

See my thoughts in Blue:
morganb wrote:Sorry, there are lots of questions in this post...

What do you think the current overlap is between Twitter and FISO?

Very little, I don't see main FISO users replying to the Twitter feed and hardly ever see Twitter mentioned on here. Maybe we need a Twitter Forum to link the two?

Do you think there are people on FISO who never use Twitter, and if so why? FYI - I've not got a Twitter account though happily read a few Twitter sites without being registered/contributing.

Yes, People seem to be either Facebook or Twitter and not both.

I assume there are people on Twitter who have never heard of FISO. What would entice them to become FISO regulars? Why has FISO Twitter not been popular in the past?

For that to work, FISO needs to be promoted on Twitter. You need to get it trending. Maybe if everyone on here had a Twitter account and liked the feeds, this would raise the awareness of FISO and others would see. You also nrrr to get famous people to hashtag FISO.

Is there some search engine jiggery-pokery that can be done to get FISO Twitter trending? What is our gimmick to get us to stand out from the crowd?

From the last FISO Forum revamp it was obvious that people don't like change! Perhaps this is to do with the clientele that FISO keeps (mainly men of a certain age?)

If Twitter takes off could it spell the end of FISO as we know it?

Twitter has taken off, but it's a totally different beast to FISO.

I agree that the start of the season is the right time to see if you can boost Twitter traffic. Good luck with your efforts

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”