To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RSS feed?

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
djskope
Red & Blue Braces

RSS feed?

Post by djskope »

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to get all new posts here linked to an RSS feed so that you don't have to click on each topic individually to read what's new?

I don't know too much about RSS and its terminology but I think it can be read by apps like Microsoft Outlook and plugins like 'Feedly' - like a constant newstream.

This would make this site much easier to keep up with.

Any guidance appreciated

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Re: RSS feed?

Post by RomynPG »

I don't use RSS for FISO - not sure how I would or whether it's possible? - but do use it for the mountain of blogs I follow.

For that I use Feedly - used to use Google Reader until the "do no evil" lot were evil and canned it :evil:

Can't see an RSS option anywhere on FISO - others might be able to point you in the right direction if it exists though?

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

Thanks RomynPG - I think that an RSS feed would be really useful on this site. Any Admin's here?

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

In the spirit of not being FPL centric maybe a Mod couuld move this to FISO Forum News sub-forum?

Curmudgeon
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Curmudgeon »

RomynPG wrote:In the spirit of not being FPL centric maybe a Mod couuld move this to FISO Forum News sub-forum?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[Being FPL centric, I would want an RSS feed of only the FPL section of the FISO forums.]

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

FISO has an ATOM feed (rather than RSS). Where you can see the feeds available depends on your browser - normally click on the 'world' icon just to the left of the web address in the url bar.

FPL feed is feed.php?f=18

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

These instruction of how to enable RSS on a phpbb forum look pretty straightfoward.. just enabling the feature in the Admin Control Panel (but what do I know!)
How can I keep track of what is being written on my Forum? How can I get notified of a new post?
http://phpbbfaq.org/site/rss-feeds/

Alternatively, adding the 3rd party 'Smartfeed' mod sounds like a more powerful, configurable variation..
https://phpbbservices.com/smartfeed_wp/#.Vi5Y_yve9mM

Brief Description of Smartfeed
The mod does not work with versions 3.1 or greater of phpBB. The extension does not work with versions 2.0 or 3.0.
Provides RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0, Atom 1.0 customized newsfeeds for phpBB forums. Users select forums they want, including protected forums if they can access them. Administrators can incorporate external news sources (if available as a feed) into their feeds.

Does anyone know an Admin they could raise this possibility with?

djskope
Red & Blue Braces

Post by djskope »

admin wrote:FISO has an ATOM feed (rather than RSS). Where you can see the feeds available depends on your browser - normally click on the 'world' icon just to the left of the web address in the url bar.

FPL feed is feed.php?f=18
Oops.. posted at pretty much the same time.. thank you very much Admin!

EDIT The URL from Admin seems to be showing up fine in Feedly on Firefox plus on my Android phone

https://feedly.com/

Thanks again

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Curmudgeon wrote:
RomynPG wrote:In the spirit of not being FPL centric maybe a Mod could move this to FISO Forum News sub-forum?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[Being FPL centric, I would want an RSS feed of only the FPL section of the FISO forums.]
that's a shame, you'd miss out on all the threads on RSS feeds etc that are put in the correct forum :wink:

rootajoe44

Post by rootajoe44 »

As I don't use RSS for FISO, I'm not sure how I would do it or if it's possible? However, I do use it for the mountain of blogs I follow. That's why I use Feedly - I used to use Google Reader until it was canned by the "do no evil" folks

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”