To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO website update - March 2015

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Re: FISO website update - March 2015

Post by sted »

Vid wrote:
sted wrote:sdrawkcab elttil a si gnihtyreve, naM fo elsI eht morf epyt I nehw tub, elggin elttil a ylnO
probably down to the inbreeding there!
You read it? Took me longer to write it :wink:

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Just a smaal point but if I am looking at the last post in a topic in the UFPL section and want to go back to the main FPL forum (as it is rare that thgerre are many topics in the ufpl section with unread posts at any one time) I have to go up to the top of the page and tap the FPL link because at the bottom the only two options are to return to the ufpl page or board index.

Woulkd it be possible to put the same tiered links at the bottom as at the top of thge page please?

Thanks.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

The Catman wrote:Woulkd it be possible to put the same tiered links at the bottom as at the top of thge page please?
The old "breadcrumbs" again. Sounds like this would be a popular change.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

even if not the whole breadcrumbs, which would be a novelty at the bottom of a topic page,
it's the old "Return To" link
which is still visible in the PC interface, but which the "responsive" adjustments make disappear from mobile

I've resolved from mobile that the quickest and easiest way to me to return now from inside a topic to the FPL Forum with updated "first unread" icons,
is to use the FPL Forum link from my Favourites everytime :mrgreen:

sjr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Gentle

FISO website update - March 2015

Post by sjr »

Sorry to keep harping on about but is it possible to please get the forum to display either breadcrumbs (like before) AND/OR an option to view sub forums through Tapatalk (again like before). The forum is simply not as navigable since the update through Tapatalk?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

sjr wrote:Sorry to keep harping on about but is it possible to please get the forum to display either breadcrumbs (like before) AND/OR an option to view sub forums through Tapatalk (again like before). The forum is simply not as navigable since the update through Tapatalk?
Agreed, this has just come up elsewhere too. The list of FISO subforums seems to be empty on tapatalk atm and only a list of either subscribed, unread, participated etc is accessible. The only way to meaningfully browse a forum imo is via free browsing of the whole list of all threads rather than this modern twitterification 'trending' rubbish.

Even if it isn't a FISO issue per se, it would be great if it were resolved.

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

The Tapatalk plugin has been updated - I'd appreciate feedback on whether this solves the issue described above or not, thanks.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

the new tapatalk update seems to have fixed the problem* of the messages being removed from the FISO 'actions' (is that what you call the 3 horizontal lines that brings up a selection list?)

* the problem I kept forgetting to report.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Awesome Rob. It's fixed the browsing issue for me.

Now to work out how to access pm's again via tapatalk - can't for the life of me find the option anymore, but I suspect this is a tapatalk thing entirely not a FISO thing.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Stemania wrote: Now to work out how to access pm's again via tapatalk - can't for the life of me find the option anymore, but I suspect this is a tapatalk thing entirely not a FISO thing.

look one post up :wink:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Hasn't fixed the message thing for me yet. :s

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Stemania wrote:Hasn't fixed the message thing for me yet. :s
Aha, it's now fixed for me, but I first had to remove FISO from my list of followed forum and then add it again. Weird, but all looks luvely jubly again now Rob and team. :D

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Fixed for me too. I seem to have moderator access back too via Tapastalk.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Every time I try to sign in, the app crashes. Probably an issue with the app

sjr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Gentle

Post by sjr »

Brilliant all fixed here - I love Tapatalk :-)

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Hasn't changed the hierarchical links at the bottom but I don't think it was meant to was it?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Oh, oh, oh, I forgot. I've been meaning to ask this for ages

Is there any chance a 'reply all' feature could be added to the private message sending features?

I find it a real pain to have to manually add recipients and I know many others do to.

Edit: WAIT, it's already now there. Superb update that bit, Rob and team. And there was much rejoicing...

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

What's with the quoting feature being suddenly broken?
I see several quoted posts with the wrong format
it all began when you put online the link/fix to the new tapatalk. Coincidence?
Now the " in the quote="name" clause gets transformed to " breking thus the clause format and the bbcode fails to recognise it, much like the emoji icons posted from tapatalk

it makes most quoted posts almost unreadable

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

On a page with a list of topics, the (usually red) icon on the far left doesn't seem to add any value, but takes up a lot of space. Any chance that could become the "jump to first unread post" link instead (which is very small at the moment).

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

EXAMPLE
I'll attempt now to quote this eastcentral1 post
viewtopic.php?p=2694381#p2694381

• eastcentral1 wrote:
      Kieran Jack wrote:
      [/color wrote:"eastcentral1"] definitely 3 chels and 3 liverpool. flirting with vardy and other foxes.

What do you think of Cambiasso?
      At 4.7m he frees up a lot of money and can sit as first sub for their run of five home games in six once their double is out of the way.

Yeah, see my post in the dgw34 thread... You can put cambiasso and Schmeichel in and then have them sit on the bench for the rest of the season. The main argument against it is that Leicester's dgw34 fixtures themselves are rotten.

the "definitely 3 chels" sentence looks like it's been posted by KJ when it's instead the innermost post by eastcentral1, which KJ quoted
it's maybe because ec1 posted it from tapatalk (?), and when quoted by KJ his " character get botched into " text

the "What do you think of Cambiasso?" looks like it's been posted by ec1 when it was instead posted by KJ after quoting ec1

the "yeah see my post" looks like it's been posted by me, when instead it was the final part of my ec1 quote

the first "quote" clause being botched, because of tapatalk special chars being read as html text, (
[/color wrote:"eastcentral1"] )
all the subsequent "quote" bracket get shifted with a domino effect, the quoted text looks like belonging to the wrong poster, and the closing
clause hangs there "unattached" and gets posted as plain text

what a mess!

for the sake of readability for those who don't use it, I say tapatalk should be banned altogether! :mrgreen: :P :wink:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Edit - post removed ignore me - I worked it out. :oops:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

MoSe wrote:What's with the quoting feature being suddenly broken?
I see several quoted posts with the wrong format
it all began when you put online the link/fix to the new tapatalk. Coincidence?
Now the " in the quote="name" clause gets transformed to " breking thus the clause format and the bbcode fails to recognise it, much like the emoji icons posted from tapatalk

it makes most quoted posts almost unreadable
This has actually got quite bad some places now, for example this post.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Unable to use pm/ email links - fatal error!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Or in fact log iin again once logged out. So don't log out!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Both of these logging in/pm-ing errors now fixed. :)

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

I think this was an issue for someone else, when starting a new session and clicking on a new post notification via email I'm being taken to the Tapatalk suggestion page every time. It's pretty irritating as I have to close that page and reclick the link.

Is there a way to permantly turn down their generous offer?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

admin wrote:
Stemania wrote: What confused me is that it doesn't seem to be an option for every thread. For example, I have no quick reply option for this thread, but I do for threads in the fpl subforum. Is there a reason for that?
It's a setting on each forum. I've now enabled it for this forum. Let me know if it needs enabling for any other forums.
The 'Quick reply' option doesn't seem to have been activated in the following fpl subforums:

FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games

FPL Team Questions (e.g. RMTs/Transfers/Captaincies)

UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Stemania wrote: The 'Quick reply' option doesn't seem to have been activated in the following fpl subforums:

FPL Links, Mini-Leagues & Side Games

FPL Team Questions (e.g. RMTs/Transfers/Captaincies)

UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football
Now activated.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

How long has that new header image been there with all the sportsmen in action and the drop down menus? I've been on the mobile for the most part so might have missed it's introduction?

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

Mav3rick wrote:How long has that new header image been there with all the sportsmen in action and the drop down menus? I've been on the mobile for the most part so might have missed it's introduction?
It's only just been updated this evening.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”