To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO website update - March 2015

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Re: FISO website update - March 2015

Post by DrBunker »

murf wrote:The website is obviously better than before on a phone but I still prefer Tapatalk so there is zero gain there.
So... you admit the mobile version is now better but you use Tapatalk so that' makes the change irrelevant? I don't use Tapatalk so I'm pleased with the changes, hope that's ok...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I've even temporarily defaulted to the mobile site over tapatalk (which I haven't configured properly yet) such is the massive improvement. Kudos. :D

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Mentioned before, but always found the lastest posts usual being on the front page. Can we bring that back?

GM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by GM »

I agree with Ashers the homepage which showed the latest posts was readable and easy. I have tried to set up a Home page, but nothing seems to happen, all I see is Dream Team items I am not interested in. I am a novice at setting up pages, maybe doing something wrong. Why does an improvement, make life more difficult for the members, it may look better, but function wise a nightmare for some of us.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

DrBunker wrote:
murf wrote:The website is obviously better than before on a phone but I still prefer Tapatalk so there is zero gain there.
So... you admit the mobile version is now better but you use Tapatalk so that' makes the change irrelevant? I don't use Tapatalk so I'm pleased with the changes, hope that's ok...
The mobile version is better than the old mobile version but I still prefer the (unchanged) Tapatalk. Ok?

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

GM wrote:I agree with Ashers the homepage which showed the latest posts was readable and easy.
I also agree. Used to be much easier to scan the latest posts - like going into a pub to see what was going on, what people were talking about etc. Nowhere near as easy now, and I find the overall experience less satisfying as a result.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Stemania wrote: One other thing. On the mobile site anyway, the last post now appears twice in the thread list (once under the title and once in the column on the right) rather than the last post and the topic starter.
MoSe wrote:IIRC someone asked to be so, as the rightmost column wasn't always (easily) visible on mobiles, and they weren't intrerested in knowing the OP... IIRC as I said, might be wrong
Surely the best solution is then to put the op in the right column. Having two links to the last poster is dumb. Why even have the right column at all if it just repeats what is already in the left?

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

--Link to latest posts missing from bottom of threads
I've added a 'View Latest: 1 Day' link.
--Alternative display for FPL links (like the button on the old forum). Need some way of concatenating them as currently they sit messily over two lines
FPL button re-instated.
--Coded lists are scrolling and taking up too much horizontal space
Scroll bars should not appear now.
--Expand option on CtC via a mobile to show more columns
Added NTI Today column to mobile view
--Resizing of page numbers for mobile views
Resized for single figure page numbers.

Hopefully there are no unintended adverse consequences to the above.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Re: FPL button re-instated
wont have PC access till friday
for now from mobile I can say:
no FPL button anywhere
light-poster info in posts, i.e. only username &title, to see details you have to click on name to open profile
ok I did that before, but now the FPL address in the prpfile is NOT an active link, just plain text (it tried to use FPL ID as phone number lol)

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Thanks Rob, appreciate all the effort being put in to respond to the issues raised. Adding the transfers-in column on the ctc mobile view is really helpful.

Carlos Kickaball
Dumbledore

Post by Carlos Kickaball »

Hey Rob and the team, really good work, and I've really got used to the new forum layout already.

I was just wondering on thing: Now you've got the FPL link back, could we have a PM button again, currently if you want to PM someone from a topic you have to click the contact button, for two options to come up on the other side of the screen, and then click one of them, to be honest it's pretty cumbersome.

DrBunker
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISODAS season 21 Premiership champion

Post by DrBunker »

Rob wrote:--Link to latest posts missing from bottom of threads
I've added a 'View Latest: 1 Day' link.
--Alternative display for FPL links (like the button on the old forum). Need some way of concatenating them as currently they sit messily over two lines
FPL button re-instated.
--Coded lists are scrolling and taking up too much horizontal space
Scroll bars should not appear now.
--Expand option on CtC via a mobile to show more columns
Added NTI Today column to mobile view
--Resizing of page numbers for mobile views
Resized for single figure page numbers.

Hopefully there are no unintended adverse consequences to the above.
Nice one Rob, the to-do list is almost shorter than the done list now. ;)

Is there any way to have FPL buttons/links show on the mobile view?

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Carlos Kickaball wrote:Hey Rob and the team, really good work, and I've really got used to the new forum layout already.

I was just wondering on thing: Now you've got the FPL link back, could we have a PM button again, currently if you want to PM someone from a topic you have to click the contact button, for two options to come up on the other side of the screen, and then click one of them, to be honest it's pretty cumbersome.
Can we have all 4 old buttons back please? WWW could go next to FPL, email and PM replacing contact line.

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Is anyone actually interested in being a Treebeard or FISO Knight...or am I just a Grumpy Old Man. :twisted:

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Jack Lemmon or Walter Matthau?

Full poster info back on the leftmost column, with FPL button now from mobile too :)

If I don't profusely explicit my gratitude and appreciation for all the (volunteered!) work and effort, it's because I'm a Grumpy Old Man too
as Nigel Mansell used to say: "fantastic job"

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Actually, the poster info on (my) mobile is different in different forums
here is full on the left
in FPL Forum is "light" on top of the post
both show the FPL button

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Brightwater wrote:Is anyone actually interested in being a Treebeard or FISO Knight...or am I just a Grumpy Old Man. :twisted:
Treebeard possibly not, FISO Knight is a milestone for a good many that reach it.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Damn, now is light here too!

Frankly, this "responsive" design, dunno which benefit has specifically brought, fer sure is "responding" each time differently *on the same* device
its inconsistent behavior is repons-ible of some puzzlement...
..as of the truncated breadcrumbs, and the hidden Return To link at the bottom of a topic...
Could it be switched on/off in the display settings at thr user choice?
Or is it too intrinsic in the new html?
Thanks, and fantastic job btw :mrgreen:

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Biscuitman wrote:
GM wrote:I agree with Ashers the homepage which showed the latest posts was readable and easy.
I also agree. Used to be much easier to scan the latest posts - like going into a pub to see what was going on, what people were talking about etc. Nowhere near as easy now, and I find the overall experience less satisfying as a result.
Not quite sure why, but I also find it harder to scan posts to pick out ones I might be interested in, and usually give up before I get half way down the page.

ps - what the chuff are breadcrumbs?

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Breadcrumbs are the links at the top of the screen that show the path you have taken to reach the current page and from which you can navigate back to any page between your start page and where you currently are. Makes me think of Hansel and Gretel.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

morganb wrote:Breadcrumbs are the links at the top of the screen that show the path you have taken to reach the current page and from which you can navigate back to any page between your start page and where you currently are. Makes me think of Hansel and Gretel.
Well you learn something new every day :D

Cheers

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Maldini wrote:
Darbyand wrote: Just looked at the New Posts page and over 30 of the latest 49 threads were from sub-forums I'd previously "blocked". This aspect of the upgrade is an absolute disaster for me.
Agree with this totally. Is there a way to tailor the sub forums we see in the 'View New Posts'?

I've no interest whatsoever in thread after thread of geeky FPL discussion.

Thanks
Any update on this request? Just reading the titles of the FPL threads is killing me...and the quantity of them is stopping me finding new threads that might be of interest. View your posts is all well and good for stuff you've already contributed to, but eventually those threads peter out.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Darbyand wrote:
Maldini wrote:
Darbyand wrote: Just looked at the New Posts page and over 30 of the latest 49 threads were from sub-forums I'd previously "blocked". This aspect of the upgrade is an absolute disaster for me.
Agree with this totally. Is there a way to tailor the sub forums we see in the 'View New Posts'?

I've no interest whatsoever in thread after thread of geeky FPL discussion.

Thanks
Any update on this request? Just reading the titles of the FPL threads is killing me...and the quantity of them is stopping me finding new threads that might be of interest. View your posts is all well and good for stuff you've already contributed to, but eventually those threads peter out.
Plus one to all the above. Fantastic work done on the new site, but without blocking of certain forums, the site will become increasingly clogged up - especially towards the start of next season and endless "rate my team" posts. I hadn't realised how many there were likely to be, having had them (and most fpl topics) blocked for years previously.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Would be great if the FPL guys had their own forum which didn't show as topics on the main board.

Rob
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rob »

Modifications work differently in the new version of the forum software so converting to the new format is not straightforward.

Having thought about it we can approach it in a staged way.
Stage 1 would be to manually add in the code necessary to filter the search view for forums that people have already chosen.
Stage 2 would be to manually add the code necessary to manage the forums that are visible.
Stage 3 would be to convert the code into the new format.

I'll test the manual view code now and implement it if it works as expected.

Rob
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rob »

Stage 1 has worked ok in testing so the active topics and other default search views should now work as they did.

Could Darbyand, quizking, unc.si., et al please check and confirm that the search views are showing as expected?

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

I've only got one active topic in View New Posts...but I assume that will start to populate as people start new threads in the sub-forums I'd previously wanted to see?

sted
Dumbledore
Location: Outside, fighting 3 big fellas and drinking beer at the same time.

Post by sted »

sdrawkcab elttil a si gnihtyreve, naM fo elsI eht morf epyt I nehw tub, elggin elttil a ylnO

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

sted wrote:sdrawkcab elttil a si gnihtyreve, naM fo elsI eht morf epyt I nehw tub, elggin elttil a ylnO
probably down to the inbreeding there!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Rob wrote:Stage 1 has worked ok in testing so the active topics and other default search views should now work as they did.

Could Darbyand, quizking, unc.si., et al please check and confirm that the search views are showing as expected?
All good here - has removed the unwanted posts that were previously visible,cheers.
Last edited by quizking on 13 Apr 2015, 07:21, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”