To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

It's (almost) impossible to change your user email on fiso

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

It's (almost) impossible to change your user email on fiso

Post by Billy Whiz »

If you go into Profile > Edit Account Settings > Change your email details and hit Submit, it says: "You did not enter a confirm password". This is despite the fact that the Profile section says you don't need to confirm your password unless you're changing it. So I redo the form anyway and this time confirm my password, and I get a new message saying: "The new password you entered is the same as your current password". (Well yes it would be, because I'm not trying to change my password :x ) And so it goes on, round and round in circles.

So has anyone ever managed to change their email address on fiso? Or is it in fact impossible?
Last edited by Billy Whiz on 11 Jan 2015, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: It's impossible to change your user email on fiso

Post by Vid »

Billy Whiz wrote:If you go into Profile > Edit Account Settings > Change your email details and hit Submit, it says: "You did not enter a confirm password". This is despite the fact that the Profile section says you don't need to confirm your password unless you're changing it. So I redo the form anyway and this time confirm my password, and I get a new message saying: "The new password you entered is the same as your current password". (Well yes it would be, because I'm not trying to change my password :x ) And so it goes on, round and round in circles.

So has anyone ever managed to change their email address on fiso? Or is it in fact impossible?

Haven't done so in over a year, but it certainly was possible. Will have a try in a few minutes.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

I know I've changed mine in the past so this must be a recent fault.

You could possibly try this as a workaround -

change both you email and password, once the changes have been saved reset your password to the original value

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Billy Whiz wrote:If you go into Profile > Edit Account Settings > Change your email details and hit Submit, it says: "You did not enter a confirm password". This is despite the fact that the Profile section says you don't need to confirm your password unless you're changing it. So I redo the form anyway and this time confirm my password, and I get a new message saying: "The new password you entered is the same as your current password". (Well yes it would be, because I'm not trying to change my password :x ) And so it goes on, round and round in circles.

The confirm password is the one underneath in the 5th box, you should leave boxes 3 & 4 blank, is this what you did?

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

Just tried leaving boxes 3 and 4 blank but I get the message "You did not enter a confirm e-mail address".

I've tried pretty much every combination, but every one gives me an error message.

I'll now try morganb's idea ...

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Looks like you've managed to change your email okay, but need to follow the email link to reactivate your account now.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Vid wrote:Looks like you've managed to change your email okay, but need to follow the email link to reactivate your account now.
Which can go into the spam folder. Will check bw's got it later.

Billy Whiz
Rhubarb Crumbledore

Post by Billy Whiz »

All sorted now. To get the software to work I had to change both my email and password, as morganb suggested - but then fiso wouldn't let me log back in. I also couldn't find the reactivation email, but it turns out it had gone straight into my spam folder (first time that's happened). Thanks to everyone for their help, including tech support at fiso :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”