To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

REPORT BUGS HERE

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
Malrom
FISO Knight

Re: REPORT BUGS HERE

Post by Malrom »

admin wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 06:34
Talkie Toaster wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 00:13
Zimmerman wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 10:38 I know I’ve started seeing that privacy settings message again recently - anything linked to that?

I'm also starting to get the consent management pop-ups again.
It's not yet as bad as it was a few weeks ago, but I am getting it several times a day.
That's not a bug. You are meant to be able to access your advert privacy settings on this and every other website that allows targeted adverts.
Can we / I do something abou that s..t,it's annoying!!!!
I give it a month and then will leave FISO if that thing is reappearing! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

Malrom wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 23:09
I give it a month and then will leave FISO if that thing is reappearing! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Do you mean the permanent 'Privacy settings' tab in the bottom right of the screen where you can change your settings? This will always be there on this and many other websites but is minimised and unobtrusive.

Or do you mean the pop-up that appears periodically with the accept/don't accept buttons and then automatically redirects you to the privacy policy page? This should only appear once every 180 days according to our settings and if you're seeing it more often then it's going to be due to a setting on your browser or computer. If this is the issue, does it happen with different browsers or devices?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The latter is back, and repeatedly appears prior to log in....

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

As I reported on the 17th Sep, it's the latter and after just over a month of not getting it at all it has returned pretty much every day.
I'm on a desktop using Firefox.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

admin wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 06:35
Malrom wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 23:09
Do you mean the permanent 'Privacy settings' tab in the bottom right of the screen where you can change your settings? This will always be there on this and many other websites but is minimised and unobtrusive.

Or do you mean the pop-up that appears periodically with the accept/don't accept buttons and then automatically redirects you to the privacy policy page? This should only appear once every 180 days according to our settings and if you're seeing it more often then it's going to be due to a setting on your browser or computer. If this is the issue, does it happen with different browsers or devices?
Thank you for your reply!

It is of course not that litte blue thing on the bottom right.
It's the pop-up thing, which appeared now as I was answering this post. It's very annoying!
I'm using firefox! Just tried it on Edge, and nothing happened ..... yet....

Also came up when I submitted the post and again, when I opened it to write this.....

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

So it might be just Firefox then? I'll try Firefox tomorrow on a few devices and see if it happens to me.

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Just had it pop up for me and using samsung internet.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

robot wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 23:21 Just had it pop up for me and using samsung internet.
But is it repeatedly popping up during the day or has it remembered your choice?

robot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Winner tff world 2018 knockout 2nd TFF Euro 2012 Group Stage,tff weekly winner 13/14wk25, 14/15wk7&19,16/17wk2,,Winner tff champions league two foot challenge, winner sun Elite league 15/16,winner tff 17/18 chairmen league, week32 weekender joint 1st.

Post by robot »

Haven't seen it today, tryed logging out/ back in and fine but it certainly seems to appear occasionally/ randomly and not once every 180 days.
I only ever use this browser on my phone.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

admin wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 07:01
robot wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 23:21 Just had it pop up for me and using samsung internet.
But is it repeatedly popping up during the day or has it remembered your choice?
Firefox here too, but only when log in window is opened. ie I have not had it when logged in.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

admin wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 22:38 So it might be just Firefox then? I'll try Firefox tomorrow on a few devices and see if it happens to me.
I've tried logging in using Firefox over the last few days and haven't seen this pop up.

Anyone still getting issues? If so, is it mainly when logging in and using which browser/device?

robot
Dumbledore

Post by robot »

I hadn't had it since my post a few days back, but just now did and the trigger seemed to be turning off wifi on my phone ( away from home) and using mobile data?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

admin wrote: 05 Oct 2018, 13:32
admin wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 22:38 So it might be just Firefox then? I'll try Firefox tomorrow on a few devices and see if it happens to me.
I've tried logging in using Firefox over the last few days and haven't seen this pop up.

Anyone still getting issues? If so, is it mainly when logging in and using which browser/device?
Yep still here today.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

I'm still getting it also.
It tends to be at the start of a session regardless of whether I need to log back on or not.
I'm using a hard line, not wi-fi, so it's not wi-fi specific.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

still have it every time I log in.....
but not when I created this post...... a little progress.....

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And this morning - I'll check during the day as a saunter in and out....

I don't think it happens elsewhere, but I'll try and remember to keep an eye out.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Just had it again, so twice today with laptop log ins.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

The View Latest/1 Day etc. link is now being covered by advertising banners (on iDevices at least).

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

forestfan wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 20:08 The View Latest/1 Day etc. link is now being covered by advertising banners (on iDevices at least).
One ad that appears sometimes is very big (PC / normal interweb)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Is it a betting one, that can be closed on log in?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

No, seems whatever comes up in that top bar covers it.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

forestfan wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 20:08 The View Latest/1 Day etc. link is now being covered by advertising banners (on iDevices at least).
Just checked on Chrome on an Ipad and you're right (it covers most of the 1 day link). Seems okay on other devices. Are you using Chrome as well? Has it just started doing that? I haven't changed the code for that 728x90 leaderboard banner so not sure why it's now misbehaving.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

admin wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 20:31
Just checked on Chrome on an Ipad and you're right (it covers most of the 1 day link). Seems okay on other devices. Are you using Chrome as well? Has it just started doing that? I haven't changed the code for that 728x90 leaderboard banner so not sure why it's now misbehaving.
A few days I think, other devices seem OK. Thought I recalled also seeing it on my phone but checked and the ad bar is not there.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 20:22 Is it a betting one, that can be closed on log in?
Think it was betting but did surprisingly have a box to close it, yes.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I think it is Bill Hill, and has once splattered (laptop) screen, but I may have missed the "x".

Hey ho if it keeps FISO going, tbh.

Would Photo Connie's Booth work?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

forestfan wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 20:33
admin wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 20:31
A few days I think, other devices seem OK. Thought I recalled also seeing it on my phone but checked and the ad bar is not there.
I'll see if we can add the 1 Day link in another place as well in case these (non-betting) ads keep obstructing it for iPad users.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

There's now an extra Latest 1 Day link above that banner with the other forum links.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Text not left aligned on completed posts within all threads or topics. Everything seems to be centred.

It is left aligned whilst you're actually writing a post but on pressing submit, the whole text is centred.

For example, a two word line of text would start just slightly left of the centre of the page.

Everything is as normal if using Tapatalk, only noticeable on desktop, using google chrome.

No problems on non fiso sites so its specific to this site.

Other users of fiso suffering exactly the same problems too although I don't know how widespread or what the common factors are.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

As per viewtopic.php?f=33&t=129374 we will look at the centralised text issue which has arisen today after moving to new banner ad providers.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

The text align issue is now sorted.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”