To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

REPORT BUGS HERE

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Re: REPORT BUGS HERE

Post by admin »

Yes there has been an update (see details below) on the external GDPR code we have on fiso which will also be used by many other websites. We use Quantcast Choice which is based on the IAB Europe's Transparency & Consent Framework.

Update to the code:

Addition of a persistent button/link to allow users to change consent preferences

When a user sets their consent preferences, the modal / banner will now collapse into a small button in the lower right corner of the screen by default. This is to make sure that users have the ability to change preferences at any time and is required by IAB policy for publishers and CMPs. This feature will be on by default, but can be disabled through the “Display Persistent Consent Link” configuration parameter. In order to disable this option, a publisher must have the link present in a persistent manner elsewhere on the page.

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Not sure if it's just me but I keep getting a privacy notice repeatedly popping up.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

Likewise, every single time I try to go to a new page, or the list of latest posts - has been doing this for the last couple of hours.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Same here.
I am constantly getting the Consent Management pop-up followed by a redirect to the Privacy Policy page regardless of whether I click on Agree or not.
I even get the pop-up on the Privacy Policy page after being redirected there by the pop-up!

Changing the Privacy setting makes no difference either.

This is happening almost every time a page is loaded or updated.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

The Consent Request form is code provided by the 3rd party CMP which was put on exactly 2 months ago so I assume it's asking for reconfirmation every month. I will try and change the settings so it's a lot more than 1 month so if there are technically issues with the code it doesn't happen very often.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

i think there's a problem with the PMs, may be connected to tapatalk (whatever that is), see below:
workie-ticket wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 09:33
kevchenko wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 08:23 very odd I have an e-mail saying I have a PM from mystery but nothing in my PM inbox :?
Yep, I had that too! Presumably mystery had second thoughts about the PM, or otherwise he's just living up to his username...! :)
May explain why I have three Pms in my inbox that I can't see !!

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Any idea why the fiso platform was down tonight?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

liquidfootball2 wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 22:41 Any idea why the fiso platform was down tonight?
Not sure yet. Restarting the server sorted it.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

I don't know if this has been reported before, but when I save a draft of a post in a forum and then later come back to it, selecting 'View/Edit' rather than 'Load Draft', I get a lot of HTML style tags appear in my text which I then need to remove before I can post it.

It doesn't seem to happen with a PM draft though.

It's not a big problem as you can work around it using 'Load Draft' instead, but then you end up with multiple copies of it.

Example

This is what happens when I save this post as a draft and then return to it with 'View/Edit' :shock: :

<r>I don't know if this has been reported before, but when I save a draft of a post in a forum and then later come back to it, selecting 'View/Edit' rather than 'Load Draft', I get a lot of HTML style tags appear in my text which I then need to remove before I can post it.<br/>
<br/>
It doesn't seem to happen with a PM draft though.<br/>
<br/>
It's not a big problem as you can work around it using 'Load Draft' instead, but then you end up with multiple copies of it.<br/>
<br/>
<SIZE size="150"><s></s><COLOR color="#FF0000"><s></s><B><s></s><U><s></s>Example<e></e></U><e></e></B><e></e></COLOR><e></e></SIZE><br/>
<br/>
This is what happens when I save this post as a draft and then return to it with 'View/Edit' <E>:shock:</E> :</r>

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

What's this weird 'Similar Posts' thing at the bottom of each thread? Looks a complete mess!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

And I have had pages being very slow to load.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

We're doing some software updates (with some additional features) at the moment. Bear with us.

P.S. Now postponed until Sunday evening.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

and the mad red stuff is replicated 8-)

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

There is an advert/banner constantly obscuring where you can normally select “1 day” to see the last 24hrs posts.

On the occasions that it isn’t obscured, it doesn’t appear to work.

iPhone 6S
IOS 11.3.1

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Work's McAfee Endpoint Security is occasionally throwing up the following warning when going to New Posts/Unread Posts/Your Posts from the Quick Links menu:
A security risk is posed by this site.
McAfee Web Category: Potentially Unwanted Programs
McAfee Security Rating: Yellow
I can hit [Continue] and it loads the page. As it is sporadic I'm assuming it's due to an advert?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I'm struggling to make any FISO Goals predictions.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Spinynorman wrote: 10 Sep 2018, 11:37 I'm struggling to make any FISO Goals predictions.
Seeing if I could... and all seemed fine until I clicked to 'select the fixture set to predict' and got an empty drop down box......

(on laptop/windows)

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

murf wrote: 10 Sep 2018, 11:43
Spinynorman wrote: 10 Sep 2018, 11:37 I'm struggling to make any FISO Goals predictions.
Seeing if I could... and all seemed fine until I clicked to 'select the fixture set to predict' and got an empty drop down box......

(on laptop/windows)
same issue here, just had a look through - the fixture set and fixtures are there, they just don't appear in the drop down. Will be adding Set 6 onwards tomorrow, have just added Week 4 results now.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

A couple of posters i know are unable to login. Not banned.

Any ideas?

I know I’ve started seeing that privacy settings message again recently - anything linked to that?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Zimmerman wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 10:38 A couple of posters i know are unable to login. Not banned.

Any ideas?

I know I’ve started seeing that privacy settings message again recently - anything linked to that?
Are our two missing FISODASers among them?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Zimmerman wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 10:38 A couple of posters i know are unable to login. Not banned.

Any ideas?

No one has been in touch with me saying they have problems logging in.

The privacy settings only affects the type of banner ads displayed - targeted or random.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

The "Submit" button doesn't always work and can need a few hits.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

blahblah wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 12:51 The "Submit" button doesn't always work and can need a few hits.
thought was me along

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Same here, and is on my phone and laptop. I thought it may have been connection issues but the button goes black and most happens....

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Yep, hitting login and nothing happens apparently

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

I've made a change - let me know if you're still getting this issue.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Zimmerman wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 10:38 I know I’ve started seeing that privacy settings message again recently - anything linked to that?

I'm also starting to get the consent management pop-ups again.
It's not yet as bad as it was a few weeks ago, but I am getting it several times a day.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 00:13
Zimmerman wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 10:38 I know I’ve started seeing that privacy settings message again recently - anything linked to that?

It's not yet as bad as it was a few weeks ago, but I am getting it several times a day.
That's not a bug. You are meant to be able to access your advert privacy settings on this and every other website that allows targeted adverts.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

admin wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 06:34
Talkie Toaster wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 00:13

That's not a bug. You are meant to be able to access your advert privacy settings on this and every other website that allows targeted adverts.

I don't mean the permanent 'Privacy settings' tab in the bottom right of the screen where you can change your settings.
I'm talking about the pop-up that appears periodically with the accept/don't accept buttons and then automatically redirects you to the privacy policy page. A few weeks ago you made a change to the settings:
admin wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 18:28 The Consent Request form is code provided by the 3rd party CMP which was put on exactly 2 months ago so I assume it's asking for reconfirmation every month. I will try and change the settings so it's a lot more than 1 month so if there are technically issues with the code it doesn't happen very often.
I've not seen it since then, but a few days ago it started reappearing several times a day.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

REPORT BUGS HERE

Post by jacksosi »

Don’t know if you will care as I appreciate it’s not something you are obliged to keep in sync, but emojis posted on Tapatalk are not appearing in FISO...(first world problems *laughing face*).
I think they used to.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FISO Forum News”