To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Clan games

Risk at Conquer Club
el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Re: Clan games

Post by el_pappje »

Richt wrote:Was talking to Chewie on the phone earlier (to arrange for him to cover my goes whilst I am on holiday).

One of the things he said to me was that he couldnt believe that FISO had challenged TNC as they are stronger than Death by Commity. (apparently). Crown is the player to watch....
Just seen on the site that TNC humped DBC 78-31. Ouch. Let's try and beat that :lol:

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

el_pappje wrote:
Richt wrote:Was talking to Chewie on the phone earlier (to arrange for him to cover my goes whilst I am on holiday).

One of the things he said to me was that he couldnt believe that FISO had challenged TNC as they are stronger than Death by Commity. (apparently). Crown is the player to watch....
Just seen on the site that TNC humped DBC 78-31. Ouch. Let's try and beat that :lol:
I'd say we're looking at 6-11 from the first set which isn't bad.

We've still a long way to go to sort out just which maps are better for team play, team play itself and which of us work together well as a pair/ trip/ quad.

We're playing people that might well have played the same maps together for a very long time in multiple tourneys and wars, experience counts!

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

away set 2 now posted in the CC forum, would all clan members please visit there ASAP to indicate which maps they have knowledge/ experience of, a few tricky ones there.

I really need to make the pairings and send out the invites today.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

I am back and I am available......

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Would all clan members please visit the thread on CC, set 3 v TNC to be sorted out (should have done it by now)

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

el_pappje wrote:

Mongoose & I are taking him on on Conquer Rome :|
The Crown has just had his arse handed to him by mongoose's tactics 8-) 8-) 8-)

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

el_pappje wrote:
el_pappje wrote:

nice! :D

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

3rd set home invites sent out, hopefully maps and pairings will be okay

3rd away set posted on the CC thread, 3/4 were under consideration for our home games, 2/3 very difficult ones there.

TheCrown is contacting the mods to see if it's possible to extend the match to another set of 9/9 home/away to start next week if allowed.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

Vid wrote:
el_pappje wrote:
el_pappje wrote:

nice! :D
Even better than that....TheCrown's win rate on Conquer Rome before our game was 32/38 :shock:

We handed him only his 7th defeat on it thanks to mongoose 8-)

kizkiz
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO autumn 2009 poker world champ and 8 game champ

Post by kizkiz »

Very nice gents :D

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Spooge and I are doing well in Tamriel.

Good worl El_Pap

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight

Post by el_pappje »

Richt wrote:Spooge and I are doing well in Tamriel.

Good worl El_Pap
I just did as I was told :lol:

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer
FS Record: I always liked the old Tele FA Cup competition...

Post by stevejtr »

Surprised, BFM will be away for around 36 hours. CC PM sent to you

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Set 4 needs to be sorted in the next 24 hours, please visit the CC thread and add comments.

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Vid wrote:Set 4 needs to be sorted in the next 24 hours, please visit the CC thread and add comments.
I'll play at least 1 game partnering with Blahblah please. (depending on how many slots he has).

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Richt wrote:
Vid wrote:Set 4 needs to be sorted in the next 24 hours, please visit the CC thread and add comments.
I'll play at least 1 game partnering with Blahblah please. (depending on how many slots he has).
3 free at present, defo 1 home and away for him and if he's your new best friend then no problem with putting the two of you together, unless of course he's preferes someone else! :D

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

Vid wrote:
Richt wrote:
3 free at present, defo 1 home and away for him and if he's your new best friend then no problem with putting the two of you together, unless of course he's preferes someone else! :D
I'd very much like to play with David Tonkin too, my ORIGINAL doubles partner. It would be good for him to see how much I have improved! 8-)

(oh and blah WILL want to play with me) :P

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

I've got worse!

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

stevejtr wrote:Surprised, BFM will be away for around 36 hours. CC PM sent to you
looks like it will be ok.
There are 3 to play (including me) before your next turn

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

3 atm, and you have a PM on CC.

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

away maps are known, input needed, invites to go out between matches tomorrow evening

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Provisional list all but filled in, ashers and jpk to pick their preferred partners (assuming they'll be happy with my map selection for them)

Volunteers required to get stuffed on the 2 away maps with no takers so far.

I also need map settings for the home games.

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer
FS Record: I always liked the old Tele FA Cup competition...

Post by stevejtr »

Surprised wrote:
stevejtr wrote:Surprised, BFM will be away for around 36 hours. CC PM sent to you
looks like it will be ok.
There are 3 to play (including me) before your next turn
back.

Santander is a dump. and i'm not talking about the bank... nice tapas bar tho in the old town. Rioja was the trip highlight

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

I see our match with TNC is effectively over. Just wondered what we felt we have learnt from the tournament and what the plans for next clan battle are.

Things I've learnt:
- dice are just as important as food strategy. In no spoils game it's not always important to take a spot if it weakens you due to using too many dice
- coomunication is important in the game. Don't need war and peace but just a check every now and then that both singing from same hymn sheet
- if member of opposition is on 12, 15 or 18 territories erc, with tryin to knock one of them off just so they don't get extra troop.
- there are so many maps I have no idea how to play
- have enjoyed all my games so far in the doubles, trips and quads. Saying that, would also like to try some 1 vs 1 as well

Regarding improving knowledge of maps, wonder if we should start a section where people who are proficient on certain maps give us an idea on best strategy to start game with or things to be aware of. I know I would certainly learn a hell of a lot of we could do something like that

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

I've created a google docs sheet with some map stats and also the TNC war data, linked from a post in the forum on CC.

I'd say some of us aren't as good on certain maps as we think we are and are better at some maps than we think too.

We all have a bit more map knowledge now than when we started and hopefully by looking at how games were lost a bit more tactically aware on many of them too. There's still going to be games where some of us don't have the foggiest, but if we're going to keep seeing these maps come up in the away sets then we need to work them out else they're simply going to be automatic losses.

I did try to make appearances roughly even throughout this war but I think in future if someone has good strength and knowledge of more maps then they need to be used more to lead/ teach the rest of us. Should be easier to accomplish with trips and quads rather than just dubs, but if one or two people playing more games than the rest helps gain more wins then surely that's the way to go?

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Ashers and Wilbert win as a doubles team. 4 in a row for us now.

Route 66 win

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Vid wrote:Provisional list all but filled in, ashers and jpk to pick their preferred partners (assuming they'll be happy with my map selection for them)

Can I have Wilbert again?

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Vid wrote:Provisional list all but filled in, ashers and jpk to pick their preferred partners (assuming they'll be happy with my map selection for them)

I'll do an away map as I will be beaten anyway

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

How do I find our clan game score?

Vid
Head Moderator

Post by Vid »

Ashers wrote:How do I find our clan game score?
Go to our private forum on CC and read the TNC thread, also the new "stats" thread

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Risk”